Just a suggestion for a future action sequence.

I know there's quite a bit of folks disappointed with the QTE segments or action sequences and while I don't think they're that bad, I do think they probably should use some fine tuning in order to make this series stand out among other Telltale works regarding action sequences.

This action scene idea has been stuck in my head for a while and I think it's a rather logical step for Telltale to take in my opinion.

So the action scene is a stealth segment, where Batman has to traverse an area of armed guards and instead of using the easy linear connect the dots function from Episode 1's climax, the PLAYER has to strategically plan out what's the most efficient way to sneak past the armed guards without getting noticed, there are many options to take but some of them give you a bit of a dead end, so the entire sequence is a puzzle in of itself much like the stealth segment in TWD S1 Episode 1. Now if Batman happens to get caught (there are many options for the guards to be aware of your prescence or see you) you don't automatically get a game over, instead Batman will then retreat to a safe area due to a QTE you press to escape and now he'll have to do the same kind of puzzle except the armed guards are fully alerted that Batman is in the area and will change the patrols to make the puzzle a little more challenging, you have the option to take them out or you can try and sneak past them without laying a finger on either guard.

I know it sounds like I'm applying conventional stealth mechanics to a cinematic adventure game but the main base of this sequence is heavily inspired by the motel puzzle and I just wanted to add some new options to it and I don't mean to tell the developers how to do their jobs this is only a suggestion that I think can actually work in Telltale's format and who knows, maybe they have a better sequence in store.

Comments

• It would certainly fit the Batman stealth quota we're all familiar with from the Arkham games with a Telltale spin. Planning to take out goons on the spot, instead this time, strategically clicking who to take out and how. I can imagine something like this in future episodes.

• This sounds interesting, it would be combining the stealth segment of A New Day (as you mentioned) with what we had in the Arkham video games. I really like this idea, I hope Telltale incorporates it into Batman.

• Nice, that seems like some cool idea for later. We haven't really seen Batman do a full-on complete stealth scene, so I'd like something like that.

• Nice but this Batman (Or at least the one I play) doesn't want to hide. He wants to be known and feared. He charges in and wrecks everyone.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.