Telltale Panel at PAX!

BATMAN News at PAX

PAX Stream Details

Fan Summary

[Summary by Blind Sniper]

Batman - The Telltale Series

• Crowd Play for Episode 2 tomorrow at PAX, three weeks before release
  • Crowd Play was inspired by Tales from the Borderlands Ep 1/4 Crowd Plays
  • BATMAN has many incarnations and lots of iconic stories; Telltale did not want to adapt a story, but rather wanted to create their own
  • Episode 1 starts in a predictable direction, but things divert from "expected canon" towards the end of Ep 1
  • That trend continues into Episode 2 and other episodes afterwards
  • The focus is heavily on Bruce Wayne as opposed to Batman
  • Bruce's billionaire status is also "a mask"
  • You get to choose "your Batman"
  • Bruce and Batman are same person, but the two playstyles are still different;
  • Your choices as one persona can influence the other persona as well
  • The media will discuss what Batman/Bruce do through the news
  • Hints of more emotional moments as "Bruce in the Batsuit"
  • You will get to choose your relationships; hints at possible romance for those who want to go after it
  • Episode 2 Clip Shown at Panel (not streamed online); shows Bruce and Selina

Other Links

Walking Dead Season 3 News at PAX Discussion - Discuss news and updates related to The Walking Dead - The Telltale Series here!

Telltale Panel - General Discussion - Use this thread for general discussion, or for any news/updates related to other Telltale games like Minecraft: Story Mode, Marvel, Super Show, Game of Thrones, etc.

Comments

• Why do people like batman im so curious....

• I think the game's pretty good so far.

Skye19 posted: »

Why do people like batman im so curious....

• Uh...cuz he's baaatmaaan?

• Looking forward to the panel! I'm interested to see what all they have to say about upcoming episodes...

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2016

While I'm here, just wanna say real quick - we have multiple threads. In addition to a separate Walking Dead thread, we also have a general discussion thread for news about other games such as Minecraft, Marvel, Super Show, etc. Please use the other threads to discuss stuff beyond Batman. Thanks!

Walking Dead Season 3 News at PAX Discussion - Discuss news and updates related to The Walking Dead - The Telltale Series here!

Telltale Panel - General Discussion - Use this thread for general discussion, or for any news/updates related to other Telltale games like Minecraft: Story Mode, Marvel, Super Show, Game of Thrones, etc.

• Sorry to everyone that like batman and minecraft but i think batman and mine craft are a waste of time...

dojo32161 posted: »

I think the game's pretty good so far.

• The Panel starts in a half hour! Get hyped! :)

• I'm pretty excited, I hope it lives up to the hype.

The Panel starts in a half hour! Get hyped!

• enter image description here

• enter image description here

Tho they'll be prolly mostly talking about TWD.

The Panel starts in a half hour! Get hyped!

• ...so why are you here?

Sorry to everyone that like batman and minecraft but i think batman and mine craft are a waste of time...

• I dont know xD lol

...so why are you here?

• They are talking about Batman Episode 2 now, mostly about the Crowd Play and such.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited September 2016
    • In Episode 2 the story really becomes Telltale's
    • "Hearing about what Batman has done from the news, hearing about what Bruce has done from the news"
    • "Scenes later on where you approach a scene as either Batman or Bruce"
    • "More emotional moments with Bruce in the Batsuit"
    • Opportunity to consider stuff like kissing someone
    edited September 2016

A CLIP!

But it's PAX exclusive, so no clip for us, RIP.

• No clip for us. :(

A CLIP! But it's PAX exclusive, so no clip for us, RIP.

• edited September 2016

I saw a guy with his phone out, we might get a taste.

EDIT: We heard audio. That's all I need.

A CLIP! But it's PAX exclusive, so no clip for us, RIP.

• I mean we can hear the audio, lol.

Pipas posted: »

No clip for us.

• Damn that some spicy audio

edited September 2016

Huh. The audio was very interesting...

"Selina Kyle, the Penguin says ha'llo."

• Sexy audio. Better than nothing I guess, lol.

I mean we can hear the audio, lol.

• Telltale's so mean. They don't love their fans who can't go to PAX

• Was there a moment where you saw people enjoying a game you dislike, and just thought to yourself "Fuckin' idiots...they don't know real entertainment... You know what? I'm gonna fuckin' call 'em out. I'm gonna go on a subforum full of this game's fans, and talk shit. Yeah...yeah, that's a good idea. I'm on fire today."

Sorry to everyone that like batman and minecraft but i think batman and mine craft are a waste of time...

• edited September 2016

I'm really not a fan on their recent marketing strategies. A crowd play this early and hiding a tiny clip for people who can't come to PAX is a pretty big middle finger to a lot of people. Not to mention the lack of any news on the PC issues and the lost last gen ports.

I noticed Job was the only person who stopped the clip to make it "exclusive". I get he's PR, but yeesh. Not as cool as a dude as I thought.

• edited September 2016

Well in terms of the clip, it's really weird to give us the audio but then skip out on the visuals for those who didn't come.

EDIT: Uh. Woops, didn't mean to spoiler tag it.

I'm really not a fan on their recent marketing strategies. A crowd play this early and hiding a tiny clip for people who can't come to PAX i

• Yeah, honestly I thought it was kinda stupid to not show twitch streamers the clip. Im sure we'll see it in like a week. But I mean. We could still hear it. Why does it matter if we cant see it? Come on guys.

I'm really not a fan on their recent marketing strategies. A crowd play this early and hiding a tiny clip for people who can't come to PAX i

• Agreed. Normally i don't have a problem with crowdplays, but the other crowdplays took place shortly before or after the release of the episode. But this time it's 3 weeks. Why?

• I dident want to offend anyone it is just my opinion.

Was there a moment where you saw people enjoying a game you dislike, and just thought to yourself "Fuckin' idiots...they don't know real ent

• Dammit, missed the panel ): Can anyone summarize what was in the audio? I am desperate to know!

• Just some generic quipping between Batman and Catwoman, with Catwoman saying that Batman is not a white knight in shining armor. Some British guy then tells Catwoman that "The Penguin says, 'Ello" and afterwards, there is a teaser scene that is visual only. It seemed to be teasing something big (it had some dramatic sound effect), but there was no audio besides the dramatic sound cue so only the people who could actually see the teaser know what it was teasing. It was probably only like 20 seconds or so.

Dammit, missed the panel ): Can anyone summarize what was in the audio? I am desperate to know!

• I was in the The Walking Dead subforum and somehow ended here.

• Yeah, the crowd play thing is pretty fucked, in all honesty.

I get a few days before, but 3 weeks? Come on.

And as for the exclusive clip thing, what the fuck was the point of hiding the visuals if you can hear the audio?

They're really pandering to their PAX audience, and it's quite unfair to the rest of us.

• edited September 2016

Where can I rewatch the stream?
    [edit: I found it! link : https://www.twitch.tv/pax2/v/87286505 ]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.