The "read this Telltale because this is everything wrong with the game" thread.

Forgive me if this has already been made. I haven't seen one personally. Anyway, the point of this thread is to highlight all of the seeming "mistakes" developers have made thus far, since it seems that the game wasn't even tested, or that the game testers weren't paying any attention.

Before I make my list, I'd like to say that I absolutely love this game. This is in no way me "flaming" or "nitpicking." If anything, I'm just trying to help. Telltale games are the best games, imo, and naturally, they will have flaws.

Please keep in mind that this list will be updated on my next play-through as I actually only started jotting things down like, when the episode was halfway over. Feel free to add input below.

Here's what's wrong with this game so far:

1. I personally disliked the fact that I didn't have the option to approach Harvey calmly after the interview. Not really a bug, more of just... I think that's something they should've allowed. After all, how is it Harvey's fault anyway?
  2. Probably the biggest hiccup: Alfred confronting you angrily because you "beat the mercenary half to death/hospitalized him" even though Gordon "noticed your nonviolent approach" and you literally just gave the guy an Indian burn. This bug happens if you do absolutely nothing to the mercenary, it happens if you just slam him against the wall once, it happens no matter what you do.
  3. This may actually be nitpicking, but I noticed in the news report that they refer to Catwoman as someone they've never seen or heard of before. Yet, they then refer to her as "the cat burglar." However, in the very next line they state "We don't know if anything was stolen." So, if you don't know whether or not she stole anything, why is she automatically being referred to as a burglar? If nothing was stolen, maybe they were vandalists? I mean, I'm just saying. Maybe they were looking for someone? Without theft, you're not a burglar.
  4. Another huge hiccup: Regardless of whether or not you give Vicki Vale a statement about your family... when you check the updated codex, it states "Vicki Vale tried to prod me for a quote, turns out she's an investigative journalist. No deal." Uh, you literally gave her a statement bro. Also, it "turns out" she's an investigative journalist? This is new information? You literally knew this from the first moment you met her.
  5. When you're scanning the Skyline Club initially in order to "scope things out,"(prior to setting up action sequences) the "modern art" piece in the center of the room is interactive. Yet, when you click on it, he literally just says "nothing here." Why even make it interactive in the initial scan? I know you use it when setting up the action, but in the initial scan, it's just a random unnecessary blip that wastes approximately 4 seconds of players time. Also, the other later interactive objects are not clickable, and do not bring up dialogue like "Nothing here," so yeah. I just think that could've been cut out.

Anyway, I think there was probably a few more minor mistakes that i didn't catch. I'll probably be replaying this game again, and update the list. If you have anything, comment below!

Comments

• Don't forget the awful QTEs where if you don't press anything most times nothing happens and Batman does the exact same animation anyways.

• Hm. I thought that overall the QTE's were pretty awesome, but yes. I definitely noticed that I couldn't actually even tell if I was hitting some buttons in time or not, because it didn't seem to change anything. However, I wouldn't personally call them "awful."

Ja1862 posted: »

Don't forget the awful QTEs where if you don't press anything most times nothing happens and Batman does the exact same animation anyways.

• edited September 2016

If that is the case that doesn't bold well for the rest of this game since twau didnt start out completely lazy and then apparently went there anyway. Doesn't give me high hopes for this game that has already got tons of qtes where you haven't got to press anything.

And even then there are different animations when you miss a prompt instead of bigby doing that EXACT same frigging animation like in this lazy Batman game.

You can die in ep 5 as well

enter link description here

• The QTEs were pretty bad and, although horrible in this game, are probably the worst part about ANY Telltale game in my honest opinion. Like I always tell my sister:
    Imagine if the Batman Arkham games featured the same choices and story as Telltale's Batman, yet kept the amazing gameplay and graphics.
    Or what about The Walking Dead? What if it had gameplay like The Last of Us, but kept the same story and choices.
    But even the stories are a little linear. It's a choice game yet much of what you do has no true affect on the story. So I don't know...
    Either way, the QTEs are getting a little extraneous and I would prefer actual fighting mechanics.

Ryanoo posted: »

Hm. I thought that overall the QTE's were pretty awesome, but yes. I definitely noticed that I couldn't actually even tell if I was hitting

• Well makes sense in the final fight with mary though

• When I played the walking dead season two for trophies I touched the controller like 5 times the game feels like its run on a timer after so long you usually get pushed to the next bit.

• Does the Telltale staff usually read the threads and comments in the community?

• From what I've seen here these past few years, yes. The most obvious indicators are the comments that staff will leave.

Ekelund21 posted: »

Does the Telltale staff usually read the threads and comments in the community?

• I have almost never seen that, but I guess they don't want to interfere too much. And I guess there's no way to know if it's Kevin Burner or an intern.

Piggs posted: »

From what I've seen here these past few years, yes. The most obvious indicators are the comments that staff will leave.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.