PS3 Version is Passable(?)

I was curious, so I took a shot and now...The game freezes infinitely as soon as Bruce is able to walk at Cobblestone Park, also the intro with Alfred and Bruce is replaced with loading screens.

UPDATE - I've completed the episode, after switching over to an HD TV. Some things to be cautious of

• (IMPORTANT) The game could potentially freeze infinitely on a SD TV

• Lighting effects are missing or toned down

• Frame rate is 20-30 FPS (it tries to stay at a consistent 25-30 FPS after the scene at the park).

• More loading screens (The opening transition between Alfred and Bruce is the only scene removed)

• Rain does not affect Batman's suit in the final scene.

So, if the PS3 is your only option, its not a terrible experience. In my opinion its still better than Michonne's PS3 port.

Comments

• I knew it!!

Still sucks, tho.

• Great just fucking great
    First no batman for the mobile
    And now the ps3 version no can some one tell me where i can play the damn fuckng game now
    wtf Teltale

• Reinstalling the game didn't help. I'm stuck next to the park entry forever. Well darn.

• Get it on the PS4. The best version available.

• If only I had a PS4...

Get it on the PS4. The best version available.

• Sad that the best version is still a buggy mess when it's first released.

Get it on the PS4. The best version available.

• MicahMoo11MicahMoo11 Banned
    edited September 2016

Wright Micah beta build build ?? telltale community

rewrite soon

• Outside of frame rate issues, i encountered no bugs on the ps4 version.

Sad that the best version is still a buggy mess when it's first released.

• Glad I could help someone. I'll update the thread if any issues are fixed.

MicahMoo11 posted: »

Wright Micah beta build build ?? telltale community rewrite soon

• What is up with this game? It's like it's cursed.

• I imagine it is more due to the changes Telltale made to their engine for all future titles. If the transition from Walking Dead Season 1 to newer titles like Wolf, Borderlands, etc was, then it is highly probable they will optimize engine performance over time.

[For newer/outside forum readers - Moderators are only community volunteers with no inside information about Telltale, so this is just my own personal guess.]

DoubleJump posted: »

What is up with this game? It's like it's cursed.

• edited September 2016

So it also freezes for you at the park entrance. My first time through I made it all the way through the Oz conversation, but it froze at the loading screen, but now I can't progess past the steps at the entrance without it freezing.

• Mine froze at the beginning of the Oz conversation

So it also freezes for you at the park entrance. My first time through I made it all the way through the Oz conversation, but it froze at the loading screen, but now I can't progess past the steps at the entrance without it freezing.

• Have you've tried again? I'm curious if it freezes by the steps your second time

Mine froze at the beginning of the Oz conversation

• They said that the Alfred cutscene in the beginning is the only thing removed

Mine froze at the beginning of the Oz conversation

• edited September 2016

Well that's good. It Could be way worse. if they can fix the freezing this port could still be slightly better than the PS3 port of Michonne

They said that the Alfred cutscene in the beginning is the only thing removed

• Why did that guys comments get deleted he provided some useful info...

• Hey I tried to look up the email address and it came up as invalid, anyone knowing why? My game froze two at the same spot and I want either a refund or it fixed, but I don't know how to get a hold of the company.

• Jon_tindall posted: »

Hey I tried to look up the email address and it came up as invalid, anyone knowing why? My game froze two at the same spot and I want either a refund or it fixed, but I don't know how to get a hold of the company.

• So how did it run when it wasn't busy crashing?

• I think this needs an update to fix it. I have never had a problem with telltale game before. Come on Telltale get it done

• The intro QTE sequence was more smooth than on my PC (currently), but everything else ran between 20-30 FPS. Of course that's only up to the park scene since its impossible to get any further than that.

MichaelBP posted: »

So how did it run when it wasn't busy crashing?

• Kinda what I was expecting. Well I was also expecting drops bellow 20FPS, since that happens on current gen. If you can't get past a scene due to constant crashes, and this is a problem a lot of other PS3 users are having, Telltale should feel ashamed of themselves for releasing something that doesn't even work.

The intro QTE sequence was more smooth than on my PC (currently), but everything else ran between 20-30 FPS. Of course that's only up to the park scene since its impossible to get any further than that.

• I beat the episode on PS3 (I switched over to an HD TV to see if that would help) and after the park scene the game ran pretty well. I got a consistent 30 FPS 80% of the time and some dips here and there, but besides that it was alright. Anyone know how to edit a thread (I don't think its fair to call it completely unplayable).

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2016

https://telltale.com/community/post/editdiscussion/108725

Of course, the link only works for people who have made the thread themselves (or moderators).

[For other threads you have made, replace 108725 with the ID Number for that particular thread]

I beat the episode on PS3 (I switched over to an HD TV to see if that would help) and after the park scene the game ran pretty well. I got a

• There's also this weird bug in the game where most characters only blink with one eye.

The first time I noticed it is in the park scene with Oz, which at the time I thought was a subtle hint by the devs that Oz had some kind of psychological problem that manifested in one-eyed blinking - that is until a little later in the game when meeting Harvey and Selina in the cafe, where she was also constantly blinking with just one eye.

• Huh. I also had an eye glitch.

But mine was that one reporter had no pupils.

And people thought this game didn't deal with the supernatural.

There's also this weird bug in the game where most characters only blink with one eye. The first time I noticed it is in the park scene w

Sign in to comment in this discussion.