Just got my copy. EXTREMELY disappointed with non-group play choice.

I've been eagerly awaiting my copy of Batman for weeks. It finally arrived today and i found myself instantly annoyed by how the game handles playing solo with group play off, which is to say it doesn't handle it at all. WHY ARE MY DECISION TIMED IN SOLO PLAY?!? What possible reason is there to make we choose in ten seconds or less when I am playing ALONE?

Part of what I enjoy about point and click adventure games is the ability to think about my choices before i make them, which is why I turned off group play completely. Yet I am still forced to make my decisions in 5 seconds or less. I missed three decisions in the first 15 minutes of the game because I got distracted for just long enough by my surroundings that I i only saw the last second of the timer bar before it just automatically made the choice for me. What's the point in the game played solo if the game makes the decision for me? The way the game is now, I can turn it on, walk away for two hours and come back to a completed playthrough! It's completely asinine!!! The game can literally PLAY ITSELF!

Please, please, PLEASE patch the game so that if group play is turned off, so is the decision timer. Let me play the at my speed if I'm playing alone. The way it is now, fucking Skynet is playing the game for me and giving me five seconds to make choices that i may want to take some time with.

Comments

• Dude. Literally every Telltale game is like this. Even the ones that came out before group play. They do this for a couple reasons. One: to push the player to make difficult decisions. Two: Because it's more realistic to make a decision and say a certain line of dialogue quickly rather than just stand there staring at the other character like you were recently lobotomized until you finally decide on what to do.

• edited September 2016

That's just how their recent games are man. Should've done your research.

• It's still annoying. THey added the ATB system to a game that didn't need an ATB system. I'm ready to return the game over this since there's no point in own a game that will play itself if I just choose not to touch a button.

• I like it. I've liked it in every Telltale game since TWD Season 1. And I liked it in Alpha Protocol before then. It adds a sense of urgency to the dialogue.

Is there no pause function in the console versions?

• Do you even Telltale?

• It adds to the realism. Just like in the real world, if you don't react in time, the world keeps moving.

• Based on the comments made here so far, I already returned the game. I'll just watch Let's Play videos on YouTube for Telltale games from now on since its basically the same damn thing and it seems providing an option to turn off the timer is unpopular. Damn shame. I loved BTTF: The Game. I recommend it to everyone I know.

But I guess going forward, the game design choice is one where a game can just runs in automatic mode. I'm just not interested in spending money on a game that can become a movie if i just put my controller down. No more Telltale games for me. Oh well.

• Here's a secret: You can PAUSE the fricking game. By pressing spacebar.

• It's a game. Sure the dialogue will continue whether you press something or not but there are points where you have to do something.

DimeDrl posted: »

Based on the comments made here so far, I already returned the game. I'll just watch Let's Play videos on YouTube for Telltale games from no

• You literally have to push buttons in the action scenes or else you'll keep witnessing Batman dieing over and over again. Not to mention that there is at least one dialogue choice where you HAVE to make a choice in order for the game to movie forward, your arguments are quite silly.

DimeDrl posted: »

Based on the comments made here so far, I already returned the game. I'll just watch Let's Play videos on YouTube for Telltale games from no

Sign in to comment in this discussion.