Characters that will probably affect borderlands 3

((Post what role characters in tales could have in borderlands 3 if you want to))
Fiona: Probable Playable Vault hunter
Vaughn: pretty much what springs was in the pre sequel a reocurring NPC .
Rhys: Either playable or very important to the story
Sasha: has a bigger chance of being playable than rhys. ((or Reocurring NPC like Vaughn))
August: not sure.
Jack: Hopefully not ressurected again.
Athena: Playable character
Zer0:Playable character
Cassius: Probably would just be one of those people who have side quests.
Yvette: Same as Cassius
Gortys and loader bot: Reocurring NPC ((or taking the role of Clabtrap for the game))

Comments

• I doubt Rhys and Fiona will have that much to do in Borderlands 3. Maybe just mention of those 2 people who opened a vault and never came back. Id just prefer if Telltale handles Rhys and Fiona for season 2 if it ever happens, plus I think it would be a cool thing to the lore with people talking about how a vault hunter and the new owner of Atlas vanished after entering the vault. Plus, then they can have Vaughn and Sasha with the children of Helios to maybe give a mission to help find them.

I can see Hollow Point becoming a location in Borderlands 3, maybe even with the purple skag, and August could give out some jobs.

I dont think Jack will return, but maybe there will be some holotapes of him.

• gearbox and 2k will be really deperate for money if they brought jack back to the game

• Nice list. Athena and Zero were playable characters in previous Borderlands games, so I doubt you'll be playing as them again in Borderlands 3. I hope they continue the story from TftB, either in Borderlands 3 or in Tales from the Borderlands Season 2 (or, as I'm hoping they'll call it, More Tales from the Borderlands).

• I am totally cool with all of the above characters showing back up in some form except for Jack. Not that I don't like Jack - he's a great character and an excellent villain - but I kind have reached my fill of him and would prefer Gearbox leave his soul at rest for a third installment. I think it's time for something fresher, you know?

Plus the Pre-Sequel set up a starting point for BL3, so I'm not super confident we'll see Rhys and Fiona except maybe at a plot point or points. I would very much like to play as either or both, though.

Still gonna carry a faint hope for Loaderbutt as an playable option, too.

• Fiona and Rhys: pretty much what Poogers said
    Vaughn, Sasha, August, Gortys and Loader Bot: probably quest givers
    Jack: I also hope he stays dead, he's a great character, but this is enough I think
    Zero and Athena: They were playable in Borderlands 2 and TPS, so they will probably make cameo apperances at the most
    Cassius and Yvette: Their fates are determined by the player, so unless you can put your TFTB choices into Borderlands 3, and I don't see them doing that, they will probably don't be a part of it

I really hope Borderlands 3 sets up TFTB season 2, teasing Fiona's and Rhys's fate. Maybe the whole game will focus on finding them, and you play as former Hyperion employees, sent by Vaugh and Sasha to find them. I also hope there will be a sidemission to attend, or help with, Athenas and Janeys wedding.

• Rhys & Fiona: Exactly what Poogers said. Rather have Telltale handle those two in a possible season 2 and mentioned once or twice in the game.

Sasha & Vaughn: NPCs. Though I do like the sound of vault hunter Sasha. I don't think they would play a huge part but at least give us one or two quests.

August: Can give you a side quest

Janey & Athena: Married and, like Sasha and Vaughn, gives us some quests.

Handsome Jack: Dead,,,, please,,, no more,,,

• Well when Athena gets dragged off at the end of Episode 3 I'm pretty sure they are taking her to the interrogation that the Pre-sequel is set to so having BL3 be intertwined and possibly playable characters from TFTBL seems possible.

Dozurany posted: »

I am totally cool with all of the above characters showing back up in some form except for Jack. Not that I don't like Jack - he's a great

• Yep, I got that impression as well, which is why I think R & F are the only exceptions if there is any crossover, at least in the beginning.

• I think Rhys would have the biggest potential, since he brought back Atlas.

• Vaughn is currently leading the Children Of Helios, so that might come into play in the story.

Rhys brought back Atlas. He's gotta be doing something with that.

Sasha would make a good choice for playable characters.

I doubt anyone else from Tales From The Borderlands would make that big of a role, besides side quests.

• i love Atlas weapons too much, i wish they dont make them worse.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I think Rhys would have the biggest potential, since he brought back Atlas.

• edited December 2016

My theory is that Rhys, Fiona, Sasha, Vaughn, August and Loader Bot will be the main playable characters in Borderlands 3, having been trained by all the other existing Vault Hunters.

Rhys would be great for crowd control thanks to his hacking abilities and performance in the massive finger gun battle, Fiona would be able to slow down time in order to attack and have plenty of leadership bonuses, Sasha would specialize in DPS with all ranged weapons, Vaughn could become a healing and support class, August would technically be the new Brick and Loader Bot would be a DPS-dealing tank.

In regards to the story, Rhys being in control of Atlas could affect the Borderlands universe to a huge extent, but everyone else wouldn't have as much influence outside Pandora.

Also, Jack should really stay dead.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.