Batman: The Telltale Series - Episode 2: Children of Arkham Review - Alternative Magazine Online

Batman: The Telltale Series - Episode 2: Children of Arkham

"Batman: The Telltale Series – Episode 2: Children of Arkham may be shorter and less interactive than the debut episode of the series, but it’s undoubtedly much more focused and engaging – at least thematically – as a result. Bruce Wayne is becoming more interesting with each interaction and the heart of the project is finally coming into focus. Episode 3 will be the midway point and, for this series to truly take off, it needs to be a definitive turning point. For now, Children of Arkham poses some great questions and defies many familiar Batman tropes. The result is an exciting, highly enjoyable slice of interactive fiction that will undoubtedly leave players hungry for more."

GAME REVIEW – Batman: The Telltale Series – Episode 2: Children of Arkham - Alternative Magazine Online

Agree? Disagree? I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

Comments

• edited September 2016

Thanks! There are definitely some opinions in there. :)

What did you think of Ep 2 compared with the first episode?

• Agreed. It will be interesting to see how my own final decision will effect the game going forward, as it seemed pretty momentous at the time.

• Reviews should always be opinion driven. If i want 'facts' i ready the damn presse release.

• My review was 'opinion driven' - did you read it? Also, facts are necessary in any comprehensive review.

GSSalvador posted: »

Reviews should always be opinion driven. If i want 'facts' i ready the damn presse release.

• I really dont get, how people can say that. It is impossible to make a review only consisting of Facts.

The episode is short, but there's a lot going on

The First part of this sentence is a fact. The second part an opinion.

A Review with only Facts would be like:

You play as Bruce and Batman. You make Choices that changes the Dialog. Fight scenes are played through QTEs.

No one wants that.

• edited September 2016

I've been writing reviews for a number of years and they all contain a mixture of facts and opinions. Reviews are opinionated by their very nature and that's exactly how they should be!

That's why I said I'd love to hear if people agreed/disagreed. :)

I really dont get, how people can say that. It is impossible to make a review only consisting of Facts. The episode is short, but ther

• My post wasnt related to your Review. Sorry, if it sounded like that.

Your Review is btw excellent. A good Mix of Facts & Opinions. This is how it should be, imo.

martymcfly posted: »

I've been writing reviews for a number of years and they all contain a mixture of facts and opinions. Reviews are opinionated by their very

• edited September 2016

No need to apologise, thanks for clearing up any confusion - sounds like we're on the same page and I appreciate you taking the time to read my review. Glad you liked it. :)

My post wasnt related to your Review. Sorry, if it sounded like that. Your Review is btw excellent. A good Mix of Facts & Opinions. This is how it should be, imo.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.