Random thought

I ha a random thought. What will happen to the Whitehills after the Battle of the Bastards? With House Bolton officially extinct, the Whitehills won't have anybody to back them up when the Forresters take back Ironrath. What do you guys think?

Comments

• I think it is more likely that Lord Forrester and/or Gared and the bastards retake Ironrath and crush the Whitehills before the Battle of the Bastards. IIRC, season 1 ended around the end of season 4 of the TV show and the Battle of the Bastards takes place at the end of season 6. But if the Whitehills do somehow survive as a viable force until then, then I can think of a couple possibilities.

1. They're exterminated during the battle itself.
    2. They bend the knee to Jon and/or the Forresters. I would consider this the most likely option if it weren't for the blood-feud between Forrester and Whitehill. I think one house has to die out, but I wouldn't be too surprised if we were given a choice to spare them and unite before winter comes.
    3. They survive but like you said, the Boltons won't be there to back them up. It is possible they'd still have the funds and resources to buy and outfit a mercenary army, but against a united North they would not last long (also Ludd is too craven to do that). And with Daenerys is on the way as well, who will likely be supporting the Forresters depending on her relationship with Asher and whatever rapport Malcolm can continue building with her, the Whitehills will not stand a chance unless they are spared mercifully.
  • Those seem like some likely scenarios. It's pretty much obvious that the Forresters will prevail, regardless if the Boltons are around or not. As for Gared and the Bastards, I think they will discover the secret of the North Grove, and they are forced south because of the Nights King invading, if they aren't on their way south already, where Gared could potentially meet up with Jon again.

I think it is more likely that Lord Forrester and/or Gared and the bastards retake Ironrath and crush the Whitehills before the Battle of th

• Since Season 2 will be set during the time Season 5 in the show takes place they'll still have power.

• Since Season 2 will be set during the time Season 5 in the show takes place they'll still have power.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.