Problem with the SBCG4AP Disk!

I got the SBCG4AP disk at Comicon, and I was happy! :)

But when I got home to actually play it, the computer won't even read the freakin' disk. It keeps saying that nothing's in the disk drive.

Help?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Do you use Vista?
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Do you use Vista?

I use Windows XP
  • edited July 2009
    RockMan87 wrote: »
    I use Windows XP

Oh, I was thinking of a different problem I had with the Bone discs at one point, totally unrelated to not reading the discs. Sorry about that.

Back to the problem, is your disc drive capable of reading other DVDs? If not, your drive might need cleaning, in which case you'd need to have a special kit to do so.

If it is capable of reading other DVDs, I would recommend lightly cleaning the surface of the non-functioning disc with rubbing alcohol, I've had a problem in the past where there would be some kind of invisible residue on DVDs, most commonly with Xbox discs.

Don't apply rubbing alcohol directly to the disc surface, however. Apply a small amount (enough to get it damp) to a soft cloth and gently rub the surface of the disc, then use a dry cloth to wipe it dry. If this doesn't solve your problem, and your disc drive can read other discs properly, I'm not sure what the problem could be.
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Oh, I was thinking of a different problem I had with the Bone discs at one point, totally unrelated to not reading the discs. Sorry about that.

Back to the problem, is your disc drive capable of reading other DVDs? If not, your drive might need cleaning, in which case you'd need to have a special kit to do so.

If it is capable of reading other DVDs, I would recommend lightly cleaning the surface of the non-functioning disc with rubbing alcohol, I've had a problem in the past where there would be some kind of invisible residue on DVDs, most commonly with Xbox discs.

Don't apply rubbing alcohol directly to the disc surface, however. Apply a small amount (enough to get it damp) to a soft cloth and gently rub the surface of the disc, then use a dry cloth to wipe it dry. If this doesn't solve your problem, and your disc drive can read other discs properly, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

I'll try rubbing the disk with the rubbing alcohol, because it's able to read other DVDs.
  • edited July 2009
    If it's fine, coul- I mean, may I ask another question about the DVD?
    I tried running on my Playstation 2, and I can't get color on it.
    It works good on my computer, but for a reason it won't work on PS2, which is my only DVD-compatible machine.
    Is there anything I could do to get color?
  • edited July 2009
    If it runs on yr puter, just open it in media player. That's what I do because the rest of my family hates the brothers chaps' guts! Otherwise, have you checked all the cables are hooked up right?
  • edited July 2009
    Jagger88 wrote: »
    That's what I do because the rest of my family hates the brothers chaps' guts!

Is there a reason why? If there is no reason then what's wrong with your family.
  • edited July 2009
    SidGarcia wrote: »
    It works good on my computer, but for a reason it won't work on PS2, which is my only DVD-compatible machine.

This is a thread about MY problem! :(
  • edited July 2009
    gee. a little harsh there?
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, I actually felt like helping out, but after seeing that reply, forget about it.
  • edited July 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Is there a reason why? If there is no reason then what's wrong with your family.

It's because they created the Homestar Runner Universe!!!

They think it detracts from my mental ability, or something.

But, hey! The only time I have TIME to watch it is when I'm doing my assignments, geez!

Also, does anyone else have the issue when when you play live action features on the DVD the sound doesn't work until you ffwd and play?
  • edited July 2009
    This is a thread about MY problem! :(
    hehe, yeah, thread tend to go oftopic from time to time...anyway, actually your thread is about problems with the sbcg4ap disc, so it should be okay, if others reported their problems as well.
    did you try cleaning the disc? does it have any visible scratches or maybe fingerprints or any other kind of damage? if not then you might want to try another drive/computer or maybe a dvd-player. do you have another telltale disc, like sam&max or bone? if yes, are they working fine on you pc?
    anyway, if your disc if not working at all, then you should write an email to the telltale support address (support@telltalegames.com). maybe they can send you a replacement disc or something..
  • edited July 2009
    SidGarcia wrote: »

Strange, it worked on my playstation 2, but the 3d in dangeresque didn't work though. My 360 suprisingly did the same problem. Funny
  • edited July 2009
    I'm just wondering that if this will be compatible with a dvd player, a 360, an original xbox or a ps2 because my vistas cd drive will only play cds even though it has played dvds before. if anyone can answer that would be a big help.
  • edited August 2009
    HomsarGuy wrote: »
    I'm just wondering that if this will be compatible with a dvd player, a 360, an original xbox or a ps2 because my vistas cd drive will only play cds even though it has played dvds before. if anyone can answer that would be a big help.

Dvd player yeah, ps2, yeah but the 3d might not work, 360, for me it didnt, I had a giant black screen covering the whole game, original, no clue
  • edited August 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Dvd player yeah, ps2, yeah but the 3d might not work, 360, for me it didnt, I had a giant black screen covering the whole game, original, no clue

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2009
    But when I got home to actually play it, the computer won't even read the freakin' disk. It keeps saying that nothing's in the disk drive.

You're inserting it into a DVD-ROM drive and not a CD drive, right?

If possible, try it in another computer to see if it works there. Could be a problem specific to the computer.

And wisp is right, if you can't get it to work, email support@telltalegames.com and they'll help you.
  • edited August 2009
    ..i am moved to tears...someone finally read one of my posts.:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.