About the Ironwood

I feel like the game didn't focus enough on the ironwood. Like showing more of its capabilities. Sure, Rodrik had a cane made of Ironwood, Asher's hand-axe's grip might be of ironwood and it was a symbol of the Forrester's power, but I feel there wasn't enough. If anything, it sometimes felt like ironwood was just a plot point to give the Forresters and the Whitehills a reason to be fighting, as well as making the Crown and Morgryn interested in it.

Also another thing, was the Forrester still wealthy when the Whitehills took control of their ironwood forest?

Comments

• You should post this on the details thread.

• edited February 2017

Reviving this, I agree with you about the ironwood. Paying attention on the game you can see that Ironwood burnt produces a blue fire being different to the normal wood we all know.And the fact that is the strongest in asoiaf universe, make us want to learn more about the artisans of ironwood.
    On Season 2 we could met one of the Forrester's main artisans and have a conversation with him/her about how the wood is carved and why are the white hills so bad in the process(But with arguments not only follow stereotypes)

Moreover make us see the future of this industry:Morgryn,Whitehills or Forresters again?.
    The options are on the table we can only wait :)

• True, it fascinated me watching the Ironwood burn blue. The only thing I was able to come up with is maybe the North Grove has something to do with it's special properties. That's why Gregor Forrester wanted to protect it.

Tunak23 posted: »

Reviving this, I agree with you about the ironwood. Paying attention on the game you can see that Ironwood burnt produces a blue fire being

• Yeah I expect good stuff around this topic :) .

Ultrajet posted: »

True, it fascinated me watching the Ironwood burn blue. The only thing I was able to come up with is maybe the North Grove has something to do with it's special properties. That's why Gregor Forrester wanted to protect it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.