I got a cupon and was wondering...

Should I get SBCG4AP or Bone? Or CSI? Or Wallace and Gromit? arg... I need help.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Out of those series Strong Bad is my favorite.
  • edited July 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    Out of those series Strong Bad is my favorite.

Ditto.
    Although my opinion is incredibly biased seeing as I have only played SBCG4AP and the demo of Bone. ;)
  • edited July 2009
    I couldn't get 3 Dimensions of Murder to install on Vista, wasn't very fond of Wallace & Gromit Episode 1 except for the ending, don't like Bone that much at all. I love Strong Bad, Sam and Max and Monkey Island.
  • edited July 2009
    - I didn't laugh much from Bone, but it is more the story, the location and the fun puzzles that got me. I only played the first Bone which I've heard is not nearly as good as The Great Cow Race, so it might be even better than how I describe it.

- SBCG4AP is pretty funny at times, though you will lose some jokes and many references if you have not seen the cartoons. The puzzles are not hard, and even if you get stuck, there's both the hint system and the emails.

- From the other Telltale games, CSI is not based on jokes, it's basically 'search room for clues, talk with people, get warrant' and so on until you solve the cases. I feel like CSI is one of the hardest games, because it could be easy to miss something in an area, but luckily Telltale shows what areas is not 'completed'. This is not a bad game. It's long enough and fun through the end.

- I've only played The Last Resort, but THAT is an episode I really like. The story changes throughout, it has a good amount of puzzles and good british humour.
    If you like the cartoons(?), you will most likely like the games as well.

- I see that you didn't mention Sam & Max, this might be because you already have the series, cause if not, that's what you should buy. I don't need to say much. The first season has even 6 episodes, and both seasons are great.

List of recommendation:
    - Sam & Max (either season)
    - SBCG4AP
    - Wallace & Gromit
    - CSI
    - Bone

Know that they're all good.
    You could probably fit ToMI somewhere in the top.
  • edited July 2009
    My problem with recommending Sam and Max Season Two to anyone is that it's overly self referential and spoils a lot of Season One. So while Season Two is a LOT better than Season One - which I did really like, especially everything after 103 - I feel compelled to say start with Season One if I'm going to recommend Sam and Max. I hope S3 doesn't do the same thing.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, I've played all of season one, and since I have three cupons (thank you tiki idol) I was going to get Season two. I just don't know what other game I should try out...
  • edited July 2009
    1 sbcg4ap 2 monkey island
  • edited July 2009
    thatdude98 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've played all of season one, and since I have three cupons (thank you tiki idol) I was going to get Season two. I just don't know what other game I should try out...

Really get the DEMO for Strong Bads Cool Game 4 Attractive People Episode 1 and test it. The demo is surprisingly long and suites the series well.
  • edited August 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Really get the DEMO for Strong Bads Cool Game 4 Attractive People Episode 1 and test it. The demo is surprisingly long and suites the series well.

I got the first episode and played it through. I liked it!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.