I want my money back

Firstly, let me say that I'm a grown adult who likes both video games and game of thrones despite working full time and having a life- so when I spend time and money on a game, I expect it to be decent. Sometimes you get a bad game because it's underfunded or has a bad premise- that's life. I've never before wanted to get money back from a game because 'buyer beware' and all that.

But seriously, this game is the worst waste of time I've ever encountered. I spent the entire game ensuring that I had an army of sellswords for the final battle and that the bad guys would not...

And it all came down to an incredibly glitchy last episode (with audio intermittently cutting out and the video skipping) where the enemy outnumbered us 500 to 10 (despite having cut off the enemy's access to hiring soldiers and bolstering my own) and I never had a chance at victory.

It's like they wrote one of those chose your own adventure novels from the 90's, except that every choice turns to exactly the same page.

I want to go on, but that pretty much says it all. This game didn't sell itself by having intense action like a FPS, or by having a good character building system like an RPG- it sells itself by claiming to have an immersive and interactive storyline- but it doesn't have that in any way.

Again, I've played games that let me down before, but this is the first time I've ever actually felt like I've been good and truly cheated. I feel no different than if I ordered and paid for a steak but was instead served beef flavored cup'o'soup.

Comments

• You make me sad.

• I understand your opinion, but game of thrones is one of my favourite ttg and was a great game yet hard and challenging to create due to how diverse it is

• Do you know Game of Thrones? What did you really expect? Everyone to win? The glitchyness and audio I get. But I see your point. Everything that you did up to the last episode and all the Forresters did for that point does seem pointless. I still enjoyed the game despite the ending. I do think Telltale could have made this game better though.

• I'm a grown adult

I don't believe you. If you want 30 bucks back from a game you likely got on sale.

• You made the decision to buy the game seemingly without doing any research.

No sympathy, it's your fault. Boo frickin' hoo.

This discussion has been closed.