This game is intense and compelling

Never played through a telltale game before but I find this to be extremely well written and intense, it's hard to put it down. It is more like an interactive tv series than a full fledged game and because of the heavy interaction I found myself caring much more about the characters and what happens to them. I lost control with the character griff. When he was being held back I let the character really have it until people stepped in. Then I felt kinda disturbed about myself for making it continue. There are lots of things that make me second guess myself like when I had to decide whether mira should keep the note she stole from tyrion's office or having characters suffer through griff's humiliation. How gared should treat britt was tough and tried to avoid confrontation as much as possible. I am in the middle of episode 4 now and wish there was more episodes.

It is this level of involvement that makes this amazing. This has me hooked on telltale games now. I have played most of bioware's games and the writing here is on such a grand level. I just recently bought walking dead season one and can't wait to play through that next.

Comments

• Welcome to the party! haha. A lot of people here actually find Game of Thrones to be the weaker Telltale Game (this is how I feel, but it's still enjoyable), so it'll be cool to see what you think of The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Batman etc. Have fun!

• This game was amazing! Finished episode 6 awhile ago, I hope we get a season 2. I ambushed lord whitehill and it turned into a big bloodbath and it didn't go well and Asher's mom ended up being killed and their home over run. Maybe not the best choice, maybe if I did it another way things would have been a little different but it was still an epic ending. I also had Mira marry that guy becausevI didn't want her to be beheaded and would love to see her story continue. But I can't do another playthrough just yet, still have the walking dead season one to start.

• Actually the Mother dies regardless of what happens.

Acehunter posted: »

This game was amazing! Finished episode 6 awhile ago, I hope we get a season 2. I ambushed lord whitehill and it turned into a big bloodbat

• This was my first telltale game as well amd I really got into it. I just finished episode six. Only one problem and it's a big one: the game didn't remember all of my choices correctly and really, what's the point if that happens? Either way, I enjoyed it a whole bunch. I too chose to ambush Whitehall. I protected the gate. You're correct. Things did not go well afterwards. I did have Mira go to her death; although, in hindsight I may have had her marry the jerk so that she could continue fighting for her house secretly.

The whole choices wrong thing bugs me a lot though. I wonder if it could have ended differently.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.