Family vs Duty.

I've noticed that in this game there are a lot of choices that force you to pick between Family and Duty. Sometimes it's honor instead of duty. My point is you sometimes have to choose between your family and the right thing. Most of these are actually Mira choices.

Examples:
Ask Margaery for help or don't ask her for help/Steal from Margaery or don't steal from Margaery. -Mira must choose between helping her family or her duty to Margaery.

There's also choosing your Sentinel. Duncan leans more towards duty and Royland leans more towards family but this isn't really choosing between family and duty so I'm not gonna count this one.

Forge letter to Elaena Glenmore or finish letter to Ser Maynard- Again Mira must choose between her family and her duty to Margaery.

Break Night's Watch vows or Remain loyal- This is more a dialing option than a choice. Tell Duncan you won't break your vows or tell him you'll desert to help your family.

Marry Morgryn or refuse to marry him- This more out of morals than duty but you're choosing between your family's legacy or Tom's life so I'll count this too.

March south or defend the North Grove- March south to help your family or honor Gregor's last words. Pretty straight forward.

I only named Mira and Gared choices but there's definitely more that I'm just not thinking of. I lean more towards duty, what about you? Family or duty?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.