Spelling Errours

2»

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Rawr wrote: »
    And look where that got him. Sat drinking an' eating on the couch all day. :p

Sounds like a win-win to me :D

OT: I am decidedly unperturbed (sp?) by the americanisation of the English language, in fact I find it preferrable to the degredation of English language coming from excessive use of the internet. lol.
  • edited September 2009
    That's quite true. Although I don't mind acronyms like lol, text speak annoys the hell out of me, much more than American English. On text messages(Hence the name, text speak) it's understandable because the keys on that are horrible to use, that said I still find myself typing out the full words, instead of text speak. On the internet I just find it plain annoying though. It only takes about 1 second extra to type out the full word, so I honestly don't see the need to use text speak. Not to mention it's nearly impossible to read sometimes.
  • edited September 2009
    When we say Americans don't get irony and you people insist that you do, I get a nice warm feeling and a wry grin when I see reactions like this. Sorry, but you walked right into that one. :)

No, we understand irony. You're just really bad at it. ;)

(also the internet is really bad at conveying irony)

Edit: Also, you have to set it up like a joke, and provide context. The way that poster said it sounded like he had mental deficiencies moreso than a joke. I mean, he sounded serious.

Sorry, I'm grumpy because I'm sick after going to PAX. I hear that you have to lick a pig's behind to get treatment for my sickness, is that true?
  • edited September 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I'm more concerned with them spelling words correctly for ANY English dialect, since they always seem to have like 50 spelling errors in the subtitles.

I agree with this guy! He's awesome and the smartest person on earth and is never wrong!
  • edited September 2009
    It's "have," not "of," don't show us up.

Grammar police - out.

I think he got it right the first time when he said:
    "I couldn't have said it better myself".

I'm pretty sure that the word 'of', doesn't belong in that sentence...but I'm not a grammar expert.
  • edited September 2009
    Their am also an some grammatical mistake? Them Telltale peoples knead too right more slower,
Sign in to comment in this discussion.