Why I personally don't want Telltale to branch out into different parts of the Fables universe

I know at this point any continuation of this game is unlikely and won't happen, but I see people saying that they would like Telltale to just focus on other Fables and stuff if it makes it easier for them to make a sequel. As a big fan of the graphic novels, I highly disagree.

What I love about The Wolf Among Us was it's amazing noir detective 1980s atmosphere that is completely absent in the comics. I absolutely love that atmosphere and that setting for these characters, and I feel like Bigby is a character that greatly benefits from it. The Wolf Among Us' full potential of storytelling in this universe was cut short by the rewrites imo, and I don't think Telltale should move on from it

Comments

• I agree, I'm personally not a "big" fan of a comics like you but this is one argument that I came across so many times and it rubs me the wrong way since 2014...

I can't even count how many times people said to me "you should check out comics if you want more TWAU", it is really irritating... I am not saying that comics are bad in any way, they are very enjoyable personal opinion alert (especially the first few volumes for me, I'm just not a big fan of the war storyline) but Fables and TWAU are really two different things.

The absolutely amazing 1980's noir atmosphere that TWAU has cannot be replaced, it's one of the core aspects of the game which make it so fabulous. I also like the TWAU versions of the characters a little bit more, overall the game feels more "down to earth" and thus I find the world of 1980's fabletown a lot more cozy and relatable in a way.

Conclusion: TWAU and Fables are both fantastic on their own but they should never cross over. Keep them magical (or should I say "glamourous"?) by keeping them unique as they are.

• I would like them to do both. There's room to give Bigby another case, and to branch out to other characters. One of the reasons I was so excited when I first heard they were going ot do something for Fables was because there's such a vast lore to tap into. I want to see that.

• I personally want The Wolf Among Us to be an alternative universe setting so it is free to do its own canon and not be bound by the comics. Make the end of Season 1 a diverging point and from there Bigby is free to do as many cases as he can.

• hmmm… interesting

• Hey Adam! I hope you are doing well and had a great Christmas! :D

hmmm… interesting

• IT'S THE WOLF! :O

hmmm… interesting

• The clue is in the bloody name: It's called The Wolf Among Us so it should focus on Bigby.

But I think there is room for at least 1 more story...

• Couldn't agree more. They need to keep the dark noir atmosphere for S2. Its what makes the game special.

I wasn't a fan of the comics tone or stories overall, felt too much like generic fantasy and lost the grounded elements that made TWAU great

Sign in to comment in this discussion.