Bone books

edited October 2010 in Bone
There's been so much talk about having a 3rd bone game, (which may not actually be released), and not a whole lot about the BOOKS! Which book is your favorite? I have all of them including the prequel: Rose. Post A.S.A.P!!!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Seriously? No replies? Wow, your all haters.....
  • edited August 2009
    this series is one of my all time faves. its beautiful. i purchased the Bone one volume edition. TOTALLY worth every penny.
  • edited August 2009
    I agree,friend!
  • edited August 2009
    But seriously? No 1 wants to say anything? Wow....i knew it. Video games have inflicted all your lives, so you don't give a damn for books? Fine. Be that way! :(
  • edited October 2009
    HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.......WOW. No answer. Where could everyone be?....OH! What's that "Smart Thought in my Head"?....You say everyone doesn't have time to read books but to stay in their own homes doing god knows what instead of taking time to answer a thread more than once about books?....Wow, i think your right. People don't care about anything nowadays.....that's right......EVERYONE!
  • edited October 2009
    HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.......WOW. No answer. Where could everyone be?....OH! What's that "Smart Thought in my Head"?....You say everyone doesn't have time to read books but to stay in their own homes doing god knows what instead of taking time to answer a thread more than once about books?....Wow, i think your right. People don't care about anything nowadays.....that's right......EVERYONE!

Sorry, I've been reading the entire collection currently on book 3..I love this graphic Novel.
  • edited October 2009
    That's great, my friend! At least someone cares! :)
  • edited October 2009
    That's great, my friend! At least someone cares! :)

It is the most amazing thing I've ever read, and I only remember it from Disney Adventure.
  • edited November 2009
    Anyone else?
  • edited November 2009
    Did they ever come out with the 'Bone: The Complete Cartoon Epic in One Volume' edition in color?
  • edited November 2009
    Mack Daddy wrote: »
    Did they ever come out with the 'Bone: The Complete Cartoon Epic in One Volume' edition in color?

Nope.
  • edited November 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Nope.

Not yet, anyway!
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry for the late reply. I just blew my mind by reading the entire 1-volume edition, Rose, and Stupid, Stupid Rat Tales in one sitting, then finding out more books were on the way. Yeah, Bone rocks. 'Nuff said.
  • edited December 2009
    My favorites are pretty much books 6-9.
  • edited December 2009
    I love the Bone series also. It was the first non-manga comic series I got into and bought the newest book pretty soon after it being released. Heck, without it I probably wouldn't be the huge comic book fan I am today, the series had that much of an impact on me. I haven't gotten "Rose" yet though but I'm planning to grab it soon. ;)
  • edited March 2010
    This thread has inspired me to get back into Bone. I started collecting the comics at issue 38 or 39, whichever one was after the hiatus and retold what had happened so far. I have issues 39 through 50, but I'm definitely considering buying the massive series collection, though I kind of want to get the actual comic books on their own as well. I have Stupid, Stupid Rat Tails and Rose as well. Man, I wish I had the time to get into comics like I used to!
  • edited March 2010
    I found out yesterday that my school library has books 1, 2 and 3. Borrowed them all. Currently halfway through eye of the storm. Need to buy all 9.
  • edited April 2010
    I found out yesterday that my school library has books 1, 2 and 3. Borrowed them all. Currently halfway through eye of the storm. Need to buy all 9.
    I found my library has all the Bone books, so I'm doing the same thing! Also, I was considering buying all the novels, through 9, but then decided it may be more cost-efficient to just go to Jeff Smith's site and buy the one-volume edition (whole series) for $40.
  • edited April 2010
    at the high school library they have bone books they are awesome
  • edited April 2010
    Cinsev wrote: »
    this series is one of my all time faves. its beautiful. i purchased the Bone one volume edition. TOTALLY worth every penny.

i wuvs it too!

:guybrush:
  • edited June 2010
    Jeff Smith is one talented guy to stay commited to one project for over a decade. And, to keep up the consistent quality from start to finish. Bone is easily of the best graphic novels I have ever had the pleasure to read. I have the One Voume edition and nearly all of the coloured books as well.

I bloody love Bone! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Who can't WAIT to get Tall tales?! The prequel of Johnson bone in the valley??!!
  • edited July 2010
    I first got into Bone years and years ago when it ran in Disney Adventures, and it was the best comic to ever grace the pages of that magazine, in my opinion. I remember being seriously disappointed when it dissappeared. Time moved on, and I kinda forgot about it, until one day I went to the local bookstore and saw volume one on the shelf, and I was all like "BONE! YAY, BONE!" and my then boyfriend (now husband ^_^) looked at me oddly, cause he'd never heard of it. ^_^

I bought the first volume, and he read it, then went online and bought the full black and white version. ^_^

And I continued to get the full colour editions as they came out, and now we've got everything Bone we could get our hands on. Hell, even found a 22" plush of Fone at the anime convention we went to this summer.

Bone rules all. ^_^ Hail to Jeff Smith.

Just felt like throwing that out there. I should totally try the Telltale games now. ^_^
  • edited July 2010
    I bought the first volume, and he read it, then went online and bought the full black and white version. ^_^
    I have that one too! It's a tale of epic proportions... it's the War & Peace of comics! Great read :)
  • edited July 2010
    I read the whole thing. BEST. COMIC. EVER.
  • edited August 2010
    Never got a chance to read it full but had a look in friend's home. It's ofcourse a masterpiece worth buying.
  • edited September 2010
    I forgot to say this earlier, but i got Tall tales a few month ago, and i have to say, it is GREAT!!! I love the set-up, the characters and story! If you haven't read this next book, DO SO RIGHT AWAY!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    You know those Scholastic book order forms they'd give out at school? One had like the entire Bone library for sale. I wanted it, but I basically just forgot about it and ended up not buying it. Needless to say, I felt stupid.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.