I started watching the tv show because of this game.

I should have watched the tv show before playing the game because I know a lot of the cities because I have played the game.

Comments

• Same here, I didn't know much about the Tv show until the video games

• The Telltale game was my introduction to the source material as well.

If not for this game, I never would have been the GoT lover I am right now.

• edited January 2017

I recommend you to read the books,it is the real story and canon universe and Stannis is alive on them ;)

• edited January 2017

Even if I agree that books>tv show (expecially the last two seasons bleah) I suggest you to edit your comment since it is a spoiler of the fate of a character

Tunak23 posted: »

I recommend you to read the books,it is the real story and canon universe and Stannis is alive on them

• edited January 2017

Don't be an ass is a MINOR spoiler that everyone can take and I won't edit it mate ;)

Even if I agree that books>tv show (expecially the last two seasons bleah) I suggest you to edit your comment since it is a spoiler of the fate of a character

• Characters I Pefer in books over the tv are Ramsay And Roose Mande Ryder and Stannis Baratheon

The telltale game is what got me into game of thrones

Tunak23 posted: »

I recommend you to read the books,it is the real story and canon universe and Stannis is alive on them

• You should give the books a try. They're about a million times better than the game and the show put together.

• But books are books without video/audio :( May I ask, do they leave out a lot of the plot from the books in the series?

Also I guess, reading the books would take longer than watching the show?

Arya_Stupid posted: »

You should give the books a try. They're about a million times better than the game and the show put together.

• But books are books without video/audio

Wut?

Btw if you want to watch the tv show just do it since it is a good view and adaption (until they decide to stop follow the books,after that...brrr)

rabbitrun posted: »

But books are books without video/audio May I ask, do they leave out a lot of the plot from the books in the series? Also I guess, reading the books would take longer than watching the show?

• I've been watching the show since the first season started and I have to say, books and TV show do cooperate nicely if it comes to reflectivity and general presentation of the world & story. Apart from some deficiencies and minor disappointments, I enjoy TV show and I'm looking forward to next season.

The thing is, through books you can explore the story much more, immerse yourself deeply into Westeros and more importantly, understand the motivations behind characters, their thoughts and intentions. Book are like the very soul of ASoiaF.

Then again, TV show can surely help your imagination flow and add many things to the main story, such as music, visuals and tangible realism which some people are unable to imagine through reading books.

Also, books are original author's work, every other creation is just based on them.

IMO, books>TV show>game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.