Borderlands movie

I was reading some old articles about a borderlands movie being developed by Lionsgate that is suppose to be R-Rated. I haven't read or heard anything recently in regards to a borderlands movie so what do you guys think? I personally think this would be a flop and would not be handled properly as are most video game movies.

Comments

• If they make their own story that just takes place in the Borderlands universe I guess it could be good, hopefully they won't try to make a direct adaption of the stories from the games. Maybe a voice cameo from Handsome Jack at the most, if it takes place in the past, or maybe a recorded message from him, but not much more than references like that.

• Hmm. What's this community's ideal cast look/sound like? Would we want them as original characters or current? Fully CGI or no? Or maybe they can do some Avatar shit and give a real cast a Borderlands art makeover. Can't be any freakier than Cat Smurfs, or planets named Pandora.

I'd kind of love to see Krysten Ritter (Jessica Jones) as Lilith, and Mike Colter (Luke Cage) as Roland (if alive), just to spitball

• I'm thinking a mixture of Mad Max and Star Wars on LSD, with original characters, and relatively unknown actors. It could be about when the vaults where first made, or a spin-off based on Atlas or Hyperion that takes place in between TFTB and Borderlands 3. Nothing big that requires you to see the movie to understand the game though.

Dozurany posted: »

Hmm. What's this community's ideal cast look/sound like? Would we want them as original characters or current? Fully CGI or no? Or maybe

• As long as it has the Tales from The Boarderland characters then I'm completely down!

• If Rhys is in there, he must be played by Ryan Reynolds. I can't imagine anyone else.

• Troy Baker?

If Rhys is in there, he must be played by Ryan Reynolds. I can't imagine anyone else.

• I'm talking about the appearance. His voice can be different.

fallandir posted: »

Troy Baker?

• But Mr. Baker looks kinda like Rhys.

I'm talking about the appearance. His voice can be different.

• edited February 2017

Alright, I give up. Let it be Troy Baker.

enter image description here

But Mr. Baker looks kinda like Rhys.

• Hell yeah!

f

Alright, I give up. Let it be Troy Baker.

• That actually looks pretty good

Hell yeah!

• The Borderlands movie would ruin the franchise tbh

• ...Okay, Fiona's face looks weird.

Hell yeah!

• unless its done correcty

The Borderlands movie would ruin the franchise tbh

• I doubt it since video game movies are usually failures

unless its done correcty

• yeah, i was disappointed at the assasins creed movie. the only thing we can do is hope, but i dont know if there will even be a borderlands movie, since i heard its just a rumor

I doubt it since video game movies are usually failures

• Waste of money.

• To be honest I have given hope up after Assassin's Creed a movie I liked but the script and editing was horrible.
    I would like to be proven wrong but at this point I don't expect anything more than a 4.0

Sign in to comment in this discussion.