Good Story marred by terrible gaming experience

I love Batman. Period! Anything to do with the Dark Knight and I'm in. So, when I saw this game on for $20 at Christmas I was pumped. I finally finished yesterday. I am so glad that experience is over. I honestly don't think my PS3 could handle freezing one more time. Yes, yes, I downloaded the patch. I honestly couldn't believe how horribly executed this game truly is. Which is unfortunate because I enjoyed the story which I watched multiple times after my console froze at every other decision and or save point in the game. I must admit this is my first telltale game and if Batman The Telltale Game is any indication of quality, it is my last. No matter how many Batman sequels are released!

Comments

• I havent had any problems but then I played on my PS4 and very much enjoyed the game.

• More than likely, this is why Batman is the last game Telltale released for PS3 and Xbox 360. With their new updated engine, your system just couldn't handle it. When I played it on my PC (well, technically a 2015 MacBook Pro, but I run Windows 10 on it), it suffered from glitches, lags, and frame rate drops. Telltale did release a patch that fixed many of the problems, but it was clear that they rushed it out without fully checking to see if it ran properly.

While Telltale's game do tend to suffer from some glitches, they always tend to run much more smoothly than Batman did. I've played TWD S1 and S2, TWAU, TFTBL, GOT, and Minecraft on my PC and ANF on my PS4, and they all ran smoothly. So don't let your experience with Batman lead you to believe that this is the case with all Telltale games.

• great quality activity you perform.
    mobdro ios automatic activity app.

• Last gen consoles do not do well at all with telltales recent games. Batman it seems is the primary game that previous gen consoles have a hard time playing it seems.

• Get it on PS4.

• I have heard there was a lot of issues with this game in particular. I have it on PS4 and for me I never had any issues (though I have seen other people in this forum who have).
    Generally Telltale games run fine. I think it's just the Batman game they really fucked up

I heard they updated the engine. Telltale copped out if they released it on PS3 when the console is too outdated to run the game properly. Even then, something must have went wrong all round because people have had issues across multiple platforms. Honestly, I think they should have held off until they could release a game where people can actually play without the frustration of dealing with these issues.

• Well you are playing on a ps3, what did you expect? Upgrade to a PS4 or Xbox One.

• I played it on my laptop and never had any problems. And believe me, my laptop is shit. It can't even run Minecraft

• This was during the dark age of horrible technical issues with season 1 (It was patched in December 2016). The PS3 version ran like a dream in comparison to the really bad original build for the PC version.

I played it on my laptop and never had any problems. And believe me, my laptop is shit. It can't even run Minecraft

• So dark agey, in fact, that this thread is not DEAD. Rest in peace.

This was during the dark age of horrible technical issues with season 1 (It was patched in December 2016). The PS3 version ran like a dream in comparison to the really bad original build for the PC version.

This discussion has been closed.