Asher and Rodrik in season 2.

After seeing how they handled the transfer from a season to another with surviving characters in TWD im afraid for what they re gonna do to Asher and Rodrik in season 2. So do you guys think telltale will end up Killing Asher and Rodrik in really stupid ways when season 2 of GOT debuts?

Comments

• I have faith telltale will handle it good as it just seems the walking dead is what telltale has a difficult time with.

• Yeah I hope

Chibikid posted: »

I have faith telltale will handle it good as it just seems the walking dead is what telltale has a difficult time with.

• edited February 2017

I think one difference is that unlike Kenny and Jane who has many fates, by the end of Season 1 of GoT, there HAS to be a Lord Forrester who survived the Battle of Ironrath.

And that character is a player character, so there are possibilities that they won't bite it just yet.

• In my file, Rodrik survived and I was pretty sure he was already dead from the stab he took on the battlefield.

A sword got drilled through his torso, pretty damn likely you die from that.

Might as well see him die in S2 from that and Talia by his side blabla.

BUT I am not sure, how TT will handle the fact, either Asher or Rodrik survived in the end of S1 and I don't know how badly Asher got injuried since I did not play that ending, but I can imagine only one of them surviving (more likely Asher? What you guys say who played that version?) their injuries.

S1cliffhangers

• They are both the same ending but there are actually two variations to the ending.

If Rodrik/Asher was found by their Sentinel and Talia, they found him unconscious, so their fate is a bit ambiguous.

If Rodrik/Asher is found by the Traitor or Gwyn and Talia, Rodrik/Asher actually wakes up and are clearly alive as they take him to safety.

rabbitrun posted: »

In my file, Rodrik survived and I was pretty sure he was already dead from the stab he took on the battlefield. A sword got drilled throu

• edited February 2017

Are you sure it's not only an extra escene?
    I think that the Lord of Ironrath's fate is the same in every single final.
    Telltale didn't give us anything extra to activate our imagination.
    Don't let an extra line be so important :) .

They are both the same ending but there are actually two variations to the ending. If Rodrik/Asher was found by their Sentinel and Talia,

• I wonder if Asher or Rodrik will be there when Jon is declared king in the north
    In Season 2

• Yep, Telltale doesn't believe in putting effort in their games anymore, so we might as well kiss Asher/Rodrik goodbye.

• It would make the Sentinel's efforts to get the Lord out in vain. I do hope Rodrik/Asher get some payback on the Whitehills and maybe give Ramsay a piece of his mind before Sansa walks in.

• I would say it is fairly safe in that they've done a good job of establishing that the lord of house forrester survives and there is a clear supporter & talia with them. Whether its Gwyn/Royland/Duncan, you can guarantee Asher/Rodrik survived and is there with them.

• They killed Kenny/Jane/Wellington People in The Walking Dead A New Frontier and people hated it, i don't think they'll make the same mistake twice

• That would be great :)

It would make the Sentinel's efforts to get the Lord out in vain. I do hope Rodrik/Asher get some payback on the Whitehills and maybe give Ramsay a piece of his mind before Sansa walks in.

• edited February 2017
    • Telltale guys are not stupid(I hope) they will learn from them mistakes becouse they want to sell games and not a bankrupt.

They killed Kenny/Jane/Wellington People in The Walking Dead A New Frontier and people hated it, i don't think they'll make the same mistake twice

• Lols at anyone thinking things will ever be different

Wd s2 - wrote of omid and Christa to avoid having to write for them

Wd s3 - same thing happened to kenny and jane

Any episode you choose to save a character over another 1-2 episodes later the person you save dies. Cheap trick to allow them to do less work.

BUT now all of a sudden they won't do this?

Get real

• edited February 2017

We will probably see Asher's chubby twin commit suicide; as I read, Gared will die in a car crash on the way to Ironrath and Rodrick will have a beard out of feathers (edit: and will die too ofc). :(

Ja1862 posted: »

Lols at anyone thinking things will ever be different Wd s2 - wrote of omid and Christa to avoid having to write for them Wd s3 - same

• edited February 2017

I HOPE THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT.
    If not they'll lose a lot of potential players of their games and A LOT OF MONEY .

And yeah I'm being realistic just trying to get a positive point of view.

Moreover got has a better story than wd and also deserves better .

rabbitrun posted: »

We will probably see Asher's chubby twin commit suicide; as I read, Gared will die in a car crash on the way to Ironrath and Rodrick will have a beard out of feathers (edit: and will die too ofc).

• edited February 2017

I think telltale care more about the walking dead and batman that is annoying

Tunak23 posted: »

I HOPE THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT. If not they'll lose a lot of potential players of their games and A LOT OF MONEY . And yeah I'm being r

• A song of ice and fire is clearly better than random TV series about zombies and typical stuff.

As I've said earlier got deserves better.

Crows eye posted: »

I think telltale care more about the walking dead and batman that is annoying

• The walking dead is load of crap

Have you watched Vikings it is good

Tunak23 posted: »

A song of ice and fire is clearly better than random TV series about zombies and typical stuff. As I've said earlier got deserves better.

• Yeah the first season not bad at all ;)

Crows eye posted: »

The walking dead is load of crap Have you watched Vikings it is good

• I seriously doubt it, the GoT and TWD games handle their protagonists differently on a completely fundamental level, on top of being very different kinds of stories altogether.

It's possible, though. And if so, I'm not completely averse to the idea. The show isn't hugely concerned with closure in general, for any of the characters or storylines, and going into next season with a new set of main characters and the ultimate fate of the Forresters left up in the air could work very well thematically, with Mira either dead or locked away somewhere as Morgryn's reluctant wife, Asher/Rodrik and Ryon and Beshka all gone into hiding and Gared either staying in the North to be overwhelmed by White Walkers or moving south with his new retinue and no clear objective yet.

Any of those could still conceivably come into play in the next season without concentrating the story around them, and I can see Telltale leaving a few of the loose ends to ambiguity to minimize all the different routes they'll have to take into consideration moving forward.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.