Will 2017 finally see season 2's release?

Per title, just curious if I am the only who thinks 2017 will finally see the start of season 2 of game of thrones.

Comments

• I do think that the possibility for news will happen later this year. I mean after Walking Dead and Guardians of the Galaxy, there can only be Game of Thrones who comes out. Unless they suddenly make new announcements or (shudder) it gets delayed... :(

• Any longer and the Ironwood Grove will be gone!!

• edited February 2017

Yeah I'm seeing the release date
    20th December 2017 Chapter 1 blablabla... .
    Seriously it could be :) .

• I think it will be announced in August or September

• I imagine it'll be sometime in the late summer too, if the events of the game are supposed to continue to coincide with developments in the show.

• I will be so happy if it does but 2018 is probably more likely

• I really hope so, but i have a gut feeling they won't release season 2 until the TV show ends (season 8)

• edited March 2017

Well Walking Dead S3 is not over yet.. It will probably end late 2017 and guardians now announced - its gonna be released at April I think. Probaly they are gonna release some news about GoT late 2017 like "started working" or something like that. I know it's hard to say it but 2017 is not the year for the release .. and Winter has come ..!

• We may get more information about S2 today at PAX.

Denis66 posted: »

Well Walking Dead S3 is not over yet.. It will probably end late 2017 and guardians now announced - its gonna be released at April I think.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I would say today is unlikely as the main focus is Guardians of the Galaxy and A New Frontier, i think if we do get more information about GOT it will be way later in the year at an event like PAX West which is in September, the VGAs which is in December or even sometime next year.

Chibikid posted: »

We may get more information about S2 today at PAX.

• If this keep going, by the time we get Season 2, I'll have grey hair. :/

OzzyUK posted: »

I would say today is unlikely as the main focus is Guardians of the Galaxy and A New Frontier, i think if we do get more information about G

• Unfortunately for GOT fans I don't think S2 is a priority at the moment. I personally feel they just confirmed a S2 for whenever they get around to it.

If this keep going, by the time we get Season 2, I'll have grey hair.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think the reason it appears to have less priority is because when it was announced it was put at the back of their development queue, Guardians of the Galaxy (announced as a Marvel project) was announced April 2015 and GOT season 2 was announced November 2015.

There is also a unannounced project that Eric Stirpe is working on which could be ahead of GOT s2 in the development list which might make it release first.

Chibikid posted: »

Unfortunately for GOT fans I don't think S2 is a priority at the moment. I personally feel they just confirmed a S2 for whenever they get around to it.

• No doubt several people in the chat will bring up GoT during the stream. I guess we'll see if we'll even be lucky enough to get an answer.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.