Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Discussion Thread - Every new dinosaur in the trailer! + Plot Summary

Comments

• TheRedEyeJediTheRedEyeJedi Banned
    edited February 2017

Like this comment if you went right to IMDB to see if these actors/actresses have been in anything else you have seen before! lol

• I hope not, as that would honestly not make much sense. Apes have a similar body and intelligence as humans, and in those movies there's a deadly plague on top of the apes becoming smarter. Then there's the fact that apes can actually use tools and later on guns, unlike dinosaurs. Most dinosaurs aren't exactly bright and are mostly instinct-driven, with the exception of the raptors and the (dead) Indominus.

I really hope that isn't where the movie is headed, as that would be pretty dumb.

so its prolly gunna go the same way as the planet of the apes then......dinos taking over the world again. Meh, I guess that could be ok.

• First page for that! (unless you mean even more)

Like this comment if you went right to IMDB to see if these actors/actresses have been in anything else you have seen before! lol

• eh? ok my bad I guess. Feel free to move this post or ask a mod to. =]

First page for that! (unless you mean even more)

• I didn't mean it in a negative way if that's what it came off as, I only wanted to point out that I already compiled a small profile to show off just what you asked about for each confirmed actor, and for some crew.

eh? ok my bad I guess. Feel free to move this post or ask a mod to. =]

• I just wanted to see if anyone did what I done? lol

I didn't mean it in a negative way if that's what it came off as, I only wanted to point out that I already compiled a small profile to show off just what you asked about for each confirmed actor, and for some crew.

• Sorry, I think we talked past each other. My bad :P

I just wanted to see if anyone did what I done? lol

• I can agree with all of that, except for the kids. Kids in Jurassic Park movies are always so useless, with Eric Kirby the only kind of exception.

I just hope its not ' super soldier raptors with rocket launchers for teeth ' ..... the franchise seems to be going that route. I wanna s

edited February 2017

but Eric was TOO ' not useless ' if you know what I mean? hell a green beret would have a hard time being dropped on dino island with no supplies, but this 12? year old kid survives 8 weeks? ..... at least he didn't save the day with gymnastics

but saying that, JP3 has overall been panned as a horrible, terrible film and I think that's unfair, IMO its better than Jurassic world. My major problem with it was that it was way too short and an awesome sounding scene was cut from the film ( Udetsky was supposed to take Nash's death, and Nash was to die the same way Udetsky did only before he dies he picks up a stick and tries to fight off the raptors )

I can agree with all of that, except for the kids. Kids in Jurassic Park movies are always so useless, with Eric Kirby the only kind of exception.

• I agree about Jurassic Park III getting a lot of unwarranted hate. I'd say Jurassic World and JPIII are about the same in quality, though I still tend to prefer Jurassic World a bit because it at least tried to be more than dumb dino fun (even though I personally think it failed in that). And about the length, I think it suits a movie like JPIII. Like I said, JW had a higher sense of self-importance and therefore spent more time building up the scenes. JPIII was much more direct in that sense, lots of jumpscares and fast paced action scenes.

but Eric was TOO ' not useless ' if you know what I mean? hell a green beret would have a hard time being dropped on dino island with no sup

• Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

edited February 2017

I was about to hate you until I saw that you like fallout and xbox, now I wanna take you to dinner and then sexy time after =]

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

• Why not?

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

• another problem I had was Billys fake out death, I liked him but more people needed to die in jp3, the only people who died were the underdeveloped merc's

I agree about Jurassic Park III getting a lot of unwarranted hate. I'd say Jurassic World and JPIII are about the same in quality, though I

• Because it's the potential to fuck up a movie series which never needed a sequel in the first place. Don't get me wrong, Jurassic World was good, but a lot of other reboots of movie franchises aren't (Independence Day Resurgence and Ghostbusters come to mind). I'd rather they just stop milking classic movies with unnecessary sequels.

Why not?

• Only if you're a woman. I don't do guys.

I was about to hate you until I saw that you like fallout and xbox, now I wanna take you to dinner and then sexy time after =]

• Now, all we need is the best genetic manipulation in ALL of existence!
    enter image description here

• Maybe Jurassic Park didn't need a sequel, but I'm glad it got one, as The Lost World is almost as good as the first one in my opinion. Both Jurassic Park III and Jurassic World were disappointments for me, but I can still enjoy them if I just want dumb dino fun.

That being said, I think that the sequel to Jurassic World shows more promise so far than both JPIII and JW (then again, I also said this before JW and was hyped beyond belief, only to get disappointed), and I am honestly looking forward to it a lot.

Because it's the potential to fuck up a movie series which never needed a sequel in the first place. Don't get me wrong, Jurassic World was

• I love jurassic park and I'm pretty excited, but exactly why is there a specific thread for this? Just curious.

• I mean, why not? In the general discussion, we talk about whatever we want to. There's also threads about Mass Effect, Game of Thrones, Star Wars etc. I also did one for Jurassic World back in 2014/15, and I always had a good time there.

Chibikid posted: »

I love jurassic park and I'm pretty excited, but exactly why is there a specific thread for this? Just curious.

• That is true I just found it odd with all of the movies in filming for this one to be singled out I suppose.

I mean, why not? In the general discussion, we talk about whatever we want to. There's also threads about Mass Effect, Game of Thrones, Star Wars etc. I also did one for Jurassic World back in 2014/15, and I always had a good time there.

• I didn't really single out anything, it's just that JW2 is the only movie that's being filmed I really care about right now, maybe with the exception of Fantastic Beasts 2. You can open threads for movies that interest you, though.

Also, like I said, there are a lot of threads in Telltale Talk about other movies and TV series, for example there's a pretty big Marvel thread iirc.

That is true I just found it odd with all of the movies in filming for this one to be singled out I suppose.

• Thanks, haha. Was actually just about to bump myself because I had finished this week's articles, but I'm glad I didn't have to (I hate bumping my own stuff).

bump

• I plan to use this thread as my go-to for JW2 news since the forums on IMDB have been shut down now, so I don't mind! =]

Thanks, haha. Was actually just about to bump myself because I had finished this week's articles, but I'm glad I didn't have to (I hate bumping my own stuff).

• Telltale did make a Jurassic park game so it makes sense that there are fans here

That is true I just found it odd with all of the movies in filming for this one to be singled out I suppose.

• That, and I just like the movie series.

Telltale did make a Jurassic park game so it makes sense that there are fans here

• Some exciting stuff happened today. We have another actress joining the cast, namely Geraldine Chaplin, daughter of Charlie Chaplin. She previously worked with director J.A. Bayona on The Orphanage, The Impossible and A Monster Calls.

In other news, there's a rumor going around that the movie will be called "Jurassic World: Epoch". It should be noted that this isn't entirely unreasonable, as in November last year, someone seemingly already saw the word "Epoch" on JurassicWorld.com, though it lead nowhere and was gone almost immediately.

I don't like the title (if it actually is the title), but feel free to comment how you feel about that name.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

I don't even know what to make of "Epoch," but I hope it's a production code name.

Some exciting stuff happened today. We have another actress joining the cast, namely Geraldine Chaplin, daughter of Charlie Chaplin. She pre

• edited March 2017

It's apt even if it doesn't flow off the tongue. It's also an appropriate production alt if it's just that. I don't really care, if the movie is good.

I don't even know what to make of "Epoch," but I hope it's a production code name.

• edited March 2017
  • Geraldine is good actress and yes, she's quite old but placing her in Jurassic Park... that's not right.

• Tons of news since I was away for quite some time.

If I should stop bumping this thread, please tell me. It doesn't feel right to bump my own stuff all the time, but at the same time I put a lot effort into this thread. I'll stop if no one cares, though, and might try again closer to release.

• I know I shouldn't bump this thread because it's been dead for months now ( :( ), but...the world needs to know, man.

Malcolm is back.

This seems appropriate.

• The movie is going to be about "Animal rights"?
    If so, then the movie could really be interesting. My sister and me watched Jurassic World out of nostalgia when it came to the cinemas, but it wasn't a good movie to be honest.

I love dinosaurs and I hope they will finally be portrayed as realistic, graceful animals. Not like such blood-thirsty monsters as before. Ian Malcom is my favorite character from the series, so it makes me happy that he will return. I just hope they won't make a war-type story out of it (selling dinos as soldiers etc.) and that they won't make another park. Because after what happened to a globally known, public and successful park like in the last movie, it makes no sense for it to work out. Logically, no sane person would trust such a park again.

• edited April 2017

but it wasn't a good movie to be honest.

I'm in the same camp as you. As a big fan of the original and The Lost World, as well as a moderate fan of Jurassic Park /// (I don't hate it, which already makes me more positive towards it than 90% of the fandom), I was very excited for Jurassic World, only to be utterly let down. It failed on so many levels: the story was weak, the characters were basically nonexistent, most nostalgia scenes felt just in your face on the level of "look at this shit, do you remember, LOOK AT IT!", the CGI was way too obvious at many points and the Indominus was just...no.

I was surprised by the reception it got. Really? This is the Jurassic Park sequel you've been waiting for? Then why did you hate Jurassic Park /// so much, seeing as they're almost identical (plot sacrificed for action, terrible characters, etc.)? I would say they're about the same level, I hate neither of them, but they're both just so damn disappointing after the masterpieces that were the first two movies. It's good to finally see someone else who doesn't like Jurassic World.

The movie is going to be about "Animal rights"?

Yes, which seems to be a good direction to take the franchise in (again, arguably). Last fall, Colin Trevorrow had this to say about the sequel: “The dinosaurs will be a parable of the treatment animals receive today: the abuse, medical experimentation, pets, having wild animals in zoos like prisons, the use the military has made of them, animals as weapons. The second part will be a very different, more complex movie that will explore new paths. For that reason, it was clear that it needed to be Bayona who would direct it, in order to have it grow and evolve with his very personal vision.”
    Director J.A. Bayona also added that it will "explore the responsibility mankind faces for creating dinosaurs".
    All in all JW2 gives off a very TLW-esque vibe so far, which I already like a lot. I have high hopes for this movie, and I say that as someone who absolutely did not like Jurassic World.

I love dinosaurs and I hope they will finally be portrayed as realistic, graceful animals. Not like such blood-thirsty monsters as before.

They have always been portrayed more as animals acting on their instincts and less as monsters out for blood. The only exceptions I can think of are the two dino sociopaths of the series, namely the Indominus and the Spinosaurus, and the raptors, who have always wandered the fine line between very aggressive animals and monsters (though I still love them). The rest are just animals facing situations that they are not prepared for, just like the humans are not prepared to face them. The Brachiosaurs and Triceratops are perfect examples for the dinosaurs being portrayed as beautiful creatures rather than killers.

Rexy only attacked the tour vehicles because they were intruding on her territory and because she was startled by the flashlight. Nedry was just prey to the Dilophosaurus, there was no deeper motive there. The T. rex parents in The Lost World were looking for their infant, and again, the InGen hunters were on their territory. The San Diego Incident only escalated as badly as it did because the buck was looking for its infant, along with the fact that it had been revived from a coma with a unproportionally large dose of adrenaline, which led to it being aggressive, hungry and thirsty. Jurassic Park ///'s portrayal of the raptors is interesting and actually probably my favourite from the franchise. They are portrayed as aggressive and intelligent, just as before, but the movie adds something else to them: parental instincts, as well a less instinctive aggressiveness, which led to them being arguably more intelligent and more animal like.

I just hope they won't make a war-type story out of it (selling dinos as soldiers etc.) and that they won't make another park.

Thankfully, Colin Trevorrow has already stated in an interview that no one ever seriously considered Hoskin's plan to be a good idea, be it in-universe or in the writing room for the movie. Here is an interview he did a few months ago. It's very readable, and I think it will put some of your worries at rest. It did for me.

All in all, I'm hyped for this movie. I think it'll be a good one.

Domi_nique posted: »

The movie is going to be about "Animal rights"? If so, then the movie could really be interesting. My sister and me watched Jurassic World

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Life... uh... finds a way

I know I shouldn't bump this thread because it's been dead for months now ( ), but...the world needs to know, man. Malcolm is back. This seems appropriate.

• Wow, first of all thank you for this long and detailed post. And even the sources you linked ! :>

Yep, JP3 wasn't as good as the first movie (the second one is weird to me because of a T-Rex running through San Diego as if it was usual).. but I don't hate it either. I like how the raptors just wanted their unborn babies back and enjoyed the overall atmosphere of this abandoned island where dinosaurs took back the place at the top of the food-chain they deserve.
    But yeah, it shares a lot of the same problems with Jurassic World.

Good do know they adress animal rights. Sounds really promising.
    I hate how awful animals are treated in the real world. It breaks my heart and makes me angry every single time. We are basically "animals" as well, share the same air, the same sun, the same planet. They deserve a lot better and I hope this movie shines a light on important issues, so that the one or other viewer maybe starts to think about that topic and cares more.

That's why I enjoy and value the first movie so much. The main trio (Ian Malcom, Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler) faced the dinosaurs with proper respect and humbleness. Hopefully we see more of that, especially from Ian Malcom, even though he probably is going to be like "Damn, NO. NO. NO. I told you all decades ago this was a bad idea." all the time. :'D

Yes, the Indominus and the Spinosaurus were portrayed as monsters. The raptors.. sometimes yes, sometimes no. Like you said, a fine line. But there were also the flying ones in Jurassic World, who attacked the people in the visitor hub after being scared away by the Indominus.. don't know the name of these. This bothered me a lot.

All in all, thanks again. Now I feel a lot more interested in the sequel. Will wait for more info and a first trailer, but I guess my sister and me will repeat the cinema-evening, watching fascinating giants.

but it wasn't a good movie to be honest. I'm in the same camp as you. As a big fan of the original and The Lost World, as well a

• You're quite welcome, I'm glad that my comment got you more interested in and excited for the sequel. Let's hope the movie deserves all the praise I gave it :D

the second one is weird to me because of a T-Rex running through San Diego as if it was usual

While I agree that the San Diego scene was a bit over the top, it was hardly treated like just any ordinary day in California. There was absolute madness in the streets (understandable), at least two people were killed (that does not even count any who might have succumbed to their injuries after e.g. the bus crash) and the T. rex with its infant was transported back to Sorna under heavy military guard. Isla Sorna was locked down and became a no-fly zone (which, of course, only led to boat tours etc. as seen in JP///), and the public became interested in InGen for the first time because it was revealed that Malcolm had not been lying after all and that dinosaurs had really been brought back from extinction. No doubt this also led to Jurassic World being so successful when it opened eight years later, after the initial shock and disgust had probably turned to a morbid fascination with these dinosaurs.

There's also a lot more to the movie than this. San Diego was only the last act of a movie that took place mostly on Isla Sorna and dealt with a lot of issues that JW2 promises to also deal with, such as the dinosaurs' rights, them being explored for profit etc. A very underrated movie with a message that is still relevant today.

I hate how awful animals are treated in the real world. It breaks my heart and makes me angry every single time.

I agree. Though I won't pretend that I don't eat meat and dairy products, and will continue to do so, I always try to buy products that I know are from an animal that was happy and not afraid before dying. And it will be interesting to see if the parable of fictional animals being mistreated will actually lead to more awareness in the real world as well. I would not be surprised if I'm honest.

though he probably is going to be like "Damn, NO. NO. NO. I told you all decades ago this was a bad idea." all the time. :'D

And can you really blame him :D? If there is anyone who deserves to constantly tell everyone "I told you so", it's Ian Malcolm. I woke up to the headlines and was almost jumping out of bed as I looked at the date and realized that April 1st was more than three weeks ago. It was a good day indeed. I'm very excited to see what kind of role Malcolm will play, wether it will just be something like an interview or a "don't do this, this is the second worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas" scene before the group leaves for Isla Nublar, or if he'll actually be inolved heavily in the movie's plot. My guess is the former, but it's still infinitely better than no Malcolm at all.

But there were also the flying ones in Jurassic World, who attacked the people in the visitor hub after being scared away by the Indominus.. don't know the name of these. This bothered me a lot.

Pteranodons (the big ones) and Dimorphodons (the rats), flying reptiles and not actual dinosaurs. They bothered me as well, simply for the fact that they attacked Main Street for no reason at all other than movie. The Pteranodons in the aviary in Jurassic Park /// were fiercely territorial, but they ignored the humans outside of their own territory and went to look for better nesting grounds. Of course they never reached the coast and were stopped by Hoskins, but still, their attack on the humans was purely territorial, also seen in the fact that they didn't kill Billy after he was swept out of the aviary and didn't attack the helicopters at the end of the movie. In Jurassic World, the aviary is very far removed from the rest of the park, but the animals actually look for trouble, as if they want to start shit just because they can. They also don't stop even when the ACU fights back, which makes the scene even dumber.

Domi_nique posted: »

Wow, first of all thank you for this long and detailed post. And even the sources you linked ! :> Yep, JP3 wasn't as good as the first

Sign in to comment in this discussion.