Mac OS

So, 7 months ago me and other mac osx users bought the game based on the face that it'll be available for mac (as was advertised at the time).
Now the season has been over and there were no news on the subject since day one (!) of the release.

I haven't refunded the game in the first two week based on the promise that "it's coming", as was the case with other Telltale games that their mac release was delayed by a week or two - but eventually did arrive.

So now I've bought a game that I can't play because of false advertising, and I think I'm entitled to some answers: is anything being done anymore? is there a plan to refund the mac players? Me and other mac users have fallen victim to what I think doesn't fall short of purposeful false advertisement with the intent to make money of our backs while denying us the product we've paid for.

If anyone here has a way to get in contact with someone at Telltale (not the auto-reply that I get whenever I send the e-mails about the subject) - it'll be much appreciated.

Comments

• I am not a Telltale Staff member - just a volunteer community moderator, but I recall hearing Telltale sent out emails offering refunds if you pre-ordered the Mac version of Batman from the Telltale store. If you did not get the email, try checking your spam folder of your email account.

• Unfortunately I don't think telltale even remembers about this and it most likely will not be addressed. I do think you should get a refund as it has been 7 months with 0 progress for Mac users. In regards to contacting telltale directly I do not think there is a direct way to contact them without an automated system.

• If you got it through Steam, you can request a refund through them. (That's what I had to do). Telltale isn't really being very ethical here about this situation, they really should make a statement at least.

• When the refund option was offered, there was no mention of the fact that the Mac version would never see the light of day. It was simply delayed "until later this year" (i.e. 2016). Now that the new TWD is out and it is not available for Mac at all, it seems clear that Telltale has given up on this OS. And it's too late to get refunds: the email mentioned that requesting a refund was possible only until end of 2016.

• Correct. We were given the option of getting a refund or waiting for the mac release... I decided to wait it out, but that still means I was promised that the mac version would be released.

I e-mailed Telltale in December and the Mac Version was going to be released "very early in the next year". I haven't received an answer to my follow-up e-mail.

Can I perhaps change to an iOS-version?

• Unfortunately I don't see a Mac release in sight anytime soon. Your best bet would be to get a refund and get it on a current working platform.

amjdmg posted: »

Correct. We were given the option of getting a refund or waiting for the mac release... I decided to wait it out, but that still means I was

• I've e-mailed telltale and asked to change to a iOs version, but no response yet...

Chibikid posted: »

Unfortunately I don't see a Mac release in sight anytime soon. Your best bet would be to get a refund and get it on a current working platform.

• I just made the mistake of buying both Batman's.... the enemy within has the mac option the the OG does not :( Guess my question is now answered. Bummer.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.