Stuck in Michonne Episode 3

So last year I started playing the GOG version of Michonne and got through the first two episodes and the very beginning of episode 3. Around Christmas I bought myself parts for a new PC but had some trouble getting it up and running, plus some life issues getting in the way. Today after transferring my Telltale directory from the old PC I finally got around to trying to finish the game, starting where you talk to James about the gun. I completed this portion successfully, but at the next portion I ran into two game-breaking issues:

1) Attempting to interact with Pete results in us staring at each other performing idle animations indefinitely. The only way out of this is to reload the save.

2) If I attempt to go upstairs, the cutscene with the daughters plays but when I am at the door, I only have the option to look at it, if I click it nothing happens other than the indicator disappearing. Clicking again, especially if I have moved my mouse towards the right of the screen, results in the game tabbing out (I can tab back in but not make any progress). The only way out of this is to reload a save from before I went upstairs, as that saves the game (fortunately I had made a copy before I talked to James).

I looked up a video of the episode on Youtube, at 23:20 he is given the option to Look At, Talk To, or Give Gun to Pete, I only have Talk To. At 31:56 he is given the option to Open Door, I have Look At Door. I can interact with all downstairs objects without issue as well as Look At, Talk To, or Punch Randall (I didn't punch him but the other options work fine) and I can talk to Sam and give her her gun without issue.

I assume this is a bug of some kind, and might have to do with transferring my save file between PCs. Is there any known fix to this? Could Rewinding help? If so how far?

Comments

• edited March 2017

You are best going to the support section of the website if I am honest.

I do not own the game on PC so unfortunately I cannot help, but hopefully support will have an answer for you.

Edit: I forgot to add, but if you can't find a solution then I would just try rewinding back at least one chapter. It shouldn't take you long to get back to your current point in time and could be worth it if it solves the issue.

• You'll most likely get quicker and more efficient help from the forums than the support.

• Yeah I suppose you are right. I am actually surprised the mods haven't moved this thread by now though. I just hope someone else has had this problem and sorted it so they can help Egghead out.

Chibikid posted: »

You'll most likely get quicker and more efficient help from the forums than the support.

• Sorry I just googled Telltale forums and this site was the first that popped up.

Saoralba131 posted: »

Yeah I suppose you are right. I am actually surprised the mods haven't moved this thread by now though. I just hope someone else has had this problem and sorted it so they can help Egghead out.

• No don't worry about it at all! I am just sorry I couldn't help more. I'm sure someone who experienced the same problem will help out ASAP!

EggheadDash posted: »

Sorry I just googled Telltale forums and this site was the first that popped up.

• While waiting for assistance from support I just decided to rewind to the beginning of Chapter 4 (where you talk to James) and that fixed it. I think it might have been some bug resulting from the fact that I told James to give the gun to Sam but then the hint text said to give guns to Sam, Pete, and Paige and I was able to give a gun to Sam as well. When I rewinded and chose the exact same options the hint text changed to just Pete and Paige and Sam already had a gun when I went out to talk to her. And I was able to fully interact with Pete and open the door upstairs.

Saoralba131 posted: »

No don't worry about it at all! I am just sorry I couldn't help more. I'm sure someone who experienced the same problem will help out ASAP!

• edited March 2017

Thank goodness. I find that rewinding does often help with things. I had a bug where I couldn't transfer my saves from S2 to S3 and found that I had to rewind back to Episode 2 of Season 2 to get it since a single choice glitched out. I had to play through the whole game again after that point, but it was worth it.

• For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on which Telltale series you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

I'm going to close this discussion and move it to the archived Support Forum section, but you can still receive help from Telltale Staff members by trying any of the options above.

[Please note that this message is only posted by volunteer community Moderators. Community Moderators are not Telltale Staff.]

This discussion has been closed.