game won't recognise my game saves

So i reached episode 5, and all my save files are there in the expected place (Documents>Telltale Games>The Walking Dead) however, when I reached the last saved point, the game crashed and now when I open the game, it does not recognise the game saves and the only option given is for me to start a new game.

I've tried disabling the steam cloud like recommended in old posts and re-uploading the game but it did not work.

what do I do? I very much want to finish the game and I already have 400 days downloaded to get onto before starting season 2 which I have bought on steam.

help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on which Telltale series you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

I'm going to close this discussion and move it to the archived Support Forum section, but you can still receive help from Telltale Staff members by trying any of the options above.

[Please note that this message is only posted by volunteer community Moderators. Community Moderators are not Telltale Staff.]

This discussion has been closed.