Pls help. My save file from Episodes 1 and 2 gone

Today I started game to play episode 3 and found, that my save is totally fresh! No choices from episodes 1 and 2, nothing. I know, where save files is located in My Documents, I never touched it, and didn't reinstalled the game/Steam/Windows/etc from time, I've played ep1 and ep2.
My telltale account on telltale website shows me my choices from ep1 and 2, but the game doesn't see it at all. From game perspective it looks like I've never played A New Frontier before, which is defenetly wrong.
What can you suggest me to do in this situation? I don't wanna play ep1 and ep2 again, and don't wanna random choices done by game. I want my choices.
P.S. Ticket to Telltale support is already sent.

Comments

• You may just have to restart both episodes and play through them. They're not too long, so I think you can get both episodes done in about 2 hours?

• I will do this if nothing works ofc. But I don't get it, why I should do that. My Telltale Account has information of all choices I made, I assume that Telltale Cloud too, so why the game can't use it instead of make me to waste my time?

You may just have to restart both episodes and play through them. They're not too long, so I think you can get both episodes done in about 2 hours?

• edited April 2017

Make sure the folders in My Documents/Telltale Games are named as follows:

For Season 1: The Walking Dead
    For Season 2: The Walking Dead Season Two

As for the New Frontier saves, not sure what to say, maybe something did not save properly. Try playing Episode 2 again and see if the choices match, maybe somewhere along the line something happened.

• Directory for A New Frontier is "The Walking Dead - A New Frontier (Season 3)".
    This directory has files from previous plays of ep1 and ep2, with date of creation in December. But somehow game doesn't see it and create new saves, because this particular directory also has new files with date of creation in April.

AndreiB707 posted: »

Make sure the folders in My Documents/Telltale Games are named as follows: For Season 1: The Walking Dead For Season 2: The Walking Dead

• Did you try renaming it to "The Walking Dead A New Frontier"? Give it a go, it may work.

GTmAster posted: »

Directory for A New Frontier is "The Walking Dead - A New Frontier (Season 3)". This directory has files from previous plays of ep1 and ep2

• It doesn't work. The game creates folder "The Walking Dead - A New Frontier (Season 3)" and makes here fresh save. So folder name is right.

AndreiB707 posted: »

Did you try renaming it to "The Walking Dead A New Frontier"? Give it a go, it may work.

• WTF, my saved game was also gone, so I just played it through again, and when I came to episode 3, they were gone again??????

• For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on which Telltale series you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

I'm going to close this discussion and move it to the archived Support Forum section, but you can still receive help from Telltale Staff members by trying any of the options above.

[Please note that this message is only posted by volunteer community Moderators. Community Moderators are not Telltale Staff.]

This discussion has been closed.