Why is this being called a Complete Disaster?

2»

Comments

• edited April 2017

Different style? Guardians is pretty dry with its humor, and doesn't throw joke after joke, so if a joke does miss there isn't a joke a few second later to try to relay a laugh. From critic reviews they thought the jokes were solid for the most part.

J-Master posted: »

I don't know, it just seems like the folks writing Guardians(according to the consensus) just can can't seem to do humor that most people fi

• edited April 2017

Meme bashing of games seems to be a thing now. If you look at the actual purchase-locked reviews on Steam most are positive, by far.

Edit: To be clear I'm not saying any opinion is 'correct,' but it's true that the actual reviews are not a disaster.

• The game hit some high notes, and some low notes for me.

As a fan of Guardians of the Galaxy, ( both the comics and the movie ) I was a little disappointed with how quickly Thanos was dispatched. I did give the game a pass on that as I can appreciate not wanting to be confined to a lengthy battle sequence with so much ground to cover in a first episode.

Great voice acting work for several of the guardians. I feel like they went the right direction for Drax, Rocket, Groot, and for the most part Gamora. I really didn't care for Starlord's voice acting all that much, but that's honestly me being overly critical because Chris Pratt did such an outstanding job. ( For some reason Scott Porter had more like Rhys from Borderlands vibe. )

I like the incorporation of Starlord's mobility, and fleshing out the environments with some verticality.

The music selection is alright. Not what I would've necessarily wanted, but I can understand the difficulty licensing can have.

There's an awkwardness to it that's a bit off-putting - like something didn't go quite that smoothly during editing. The dialogue doesn't flow like it should with lengthy pauses between replies that makes some instances sound more like an elementary school theatre production. ( Okay, so that might be a little harsh, but that's the best description I have atm for it. ) And for some reason Starlord's walking animation is just.. wierd to me. The QTE's of combat also slow down the action sequence because we're controlling all of the Guardians, and make the game feel as though it has a director that's having an affair with Slow Motion capture.

I didn't mind the conflicts between the Guardians. They're a rough group and frequently didn't mesh cohesively to the point of several inner conflicts, but in the end stood by each other like an extremely dysfunctional family. That's just how they've always been.

Overall, it was alright. I'm hoping the next installment has a few tweaks as far as the editing is concerned.

• edited April 2017

The addition of interesting hubs and actual character conversations in those hubs are really great. Finally TTG has listened.

Yeah they listened and added them to Guardians instead of TWD even though we have been asking for 2-3 years... so, no... they didn't really listen.

• I can deny that, actually. The main problem with ANF is the writing. The technical aspects (aka most of the work) are pretty well done, at least for a Telltale game. Maybe Telltale genuinely thought people would like the first "two" episode(s), who knows. I'd say Guardians might have gotten a little more attention, but not even close to what people would have you believe. Like I said, ANF's biggest problem is the writing, and different writers worked on the premieres of Guardians and ANF.

And I'm not saying that everyone who hates this game automatically do because they don't like ANF. You have your reasons for not liking it,

• Well... We now know that they are still capable of making them, so let's just hope they add them to the next few TWD episodes (though I kind of doubt it), whatever game they make next, and every other game after that...

The addition of interesting hubs and actual character conversations in those hubs are really great. Finally TTG has listened. Yeah t

• 1 - You can't prove that.

2 - The story has only begun.

3 - That's subjective.

AronDracula posted: »

* Telltale cares more about this game more than ANF * Mediocre story * Terrible art direction

• Interestingly enough, there are allot of people in real life who constantly makes jokes (most specifically those who joke about others) who get very defensive and even aggressive when they're the topic or part of the topic of a joke. Not saying that justifies Rocket's character acting this way.

Jaku2011 posted: »

Really a guy who jokes around all the time can't take a joke himself and says "fuck this maybe I'll leave"? I felt like he was capable of that in the movie but maybe my memories off

Then why does GOTG have more content than ANF?

2 - The story has only begun.

It started bad and I felt no attachment.

prink34320 posted: »

1 - You can't prove that. 2 - The story has only begun. 3 - That's subjective.

• 1 - More content such as what? Peter Quill being able to hover, all in all the content is practically the same game-play wise and I highly doubt Telltale intentionally limited the game-play content in ANF, if they did that doesn't mean GOTG wasn't just as limited with it's potential.

2 - Again, subjective, whether the story is good, bad, mediocre or a masterpiece often depends on each individual's perspective, plus, the story has only started.

1 - You can't prove that. Then why does GOTG have more content than ANF? 2 - The story has only begun. It started bad and I felt no attachment.

Guardians has most of the things fans have been asking for to be in TWD...

• 90+ minute episode(s)? Check.
    • Hubs you can explore with actual conversations? Check.
    • Credit songs? Check.
    • Next Time On segment? Check.
    • More interactive gameplay sections? Check.
    • Judging by the blurbs for each episode, we will control most of the characters and know more about them. For Clementine and Javier... this wasn't the case. 5/95 split? No thanks.

1 - You can't prove that. 2 - The story has only begun. 3 - That's subjective.

• Peter Quill being able to hover

That's not what I said

all in all the content is practically the same game-play wise

No it's not. This was nowhere to be found in ANF.

enter image description here

1 - More content such as what? Peter Quill being able to hover, all in all the content is practically the same game-play wise and I highly d

• I dont know why there is hate but I loved it . Not the best telltale game but who cares as long as you enjoyed playing it :)

• You're right I'd even say I was like that in high school however you typically don't put a character trait like that on a character you're supposed to like.

Interestingly enough, there are allot of people in real life who constantly makes jokes (most specifically those who joke about others) who

• You guys are high on your own farts if you call this a disaster. It was really good episode, had fun playing. What I had a problem with was Rocket flipping his shit when I made the tiny joke in the bar about me being a good shot. Now that was crazy He continued to be a lil bitch throughout the ep. Kinda sucked, because he was one of my favorite characters from the movie

• To be fair he was practically drunk

Timcanpy posted: »

You guys are high on your own farts if you call this a disaster. It was really good episode, had fun playing. What I had a problem with was

• I hadn't considered that... I guess it makes a bit more sense now.

To be fair he was practically drunk

• Dialogue isn't in the new frontier? Or do you mean Drax wasn't in the new frontier?

Peter Quill being able to hover That's not what I said all in all the content is practically the same game-play wise No it's not. This was nowhere to be found in ANF.

• Some people just thrive on complaining, man. Don't bother trying to understand another human being, it's pretty much impossible.

• To be fair, watching it is in some ways very similar to playing it. It's not the full experience, but it's still a good experience watching it. I think. I play the games, so I don't know for sure.

Most people who hate it seem to either have 'watched it' and so automatically are allowed to have an opinion, or seem or be of the camp that

• I gave Drax the credit, but I can see what you mean. Drax I can buy being annoyed about not getting his revenge, but not Rocket...

Chibikid posted: »

* The argument about Drax killing Thanos and how it escalated really came off as telltale trying to manufacture the descent between the guar

• Episode 5 has Groot. Does that mean the whole episode is dialogue options of "I am Groot". Please say yes.

zeke10 posted: »

Last was the animation. There are so many weird facial animations, wonky movements, and twitching faces going on. Also the "you play as all

• Look at all these options. That's what Season 1 has and not Season 2 and ANF.

mujie posted: »

Dialogue isn't in the new frontier? Or do you mean Drax wasn't in the new frontier?

• edited April 2017

So by more content you mean actual conversations? That's one of the things I really like from GOTG but ANF does have conversations, except it's allot more inferior and by no means does that provide evidence that Telltale favors this game over the new sequel to their game series that gave them their good reputation. It's like saying they favored TWAU and TFTBL over TWDGS2 and GOT before they were released.

But you know what? With how Telltale have been treating their games as of late, I wouldn't be surprised if they were picking favorites earlier than they used to.

Peter Quill being able to hover That's not what I said all in all the content is practically the same game-play wise No it's not. This was nowhere to be found in ANF.

• You know, just because the game does allot of things better than ANF doesn't mean it's being favored by Telltale as a whole, it could all depend on the development team and what they felt would fit the game, there are also other possible factors.

In the end, even if it is, there's not much we can do but continue criticizing the games we want to improve.

1 - You can't prove that. Guardians has most of the things fans have been asking for to be in TWD... * 90+ minute episode(s)? C

• I loved GoT art, it reminded me of some kind of oil painting and it worked better with the mood of the game, the comic art or that new telltale art wouldn't work that well imo

Omid's cat posted: »

* so what? Telltale cared more about TWD s2 than TWAU. Good story will defend itself. * wasn't that episode number one? * I like this

• Reminded me of this kind of art. Didn't like it. Too innovative imo.

enter image description here

MrEggplant posted: »

I loved GoT art, it reminded me of some kind of oil painting and it worked better with the mood of the game, the comic art or that new telltale art wouldn't work that well imo

• I really liked it.

• edited April 2017

Wait, I didn't even know the game was being called a disaster? Its current rating on steam is a very respectable 93% at the moment.

• It seems to have died down, but the day before it released it got VERY negative responses from forum users here who watched the episode.

Wait, I didn't even know the game was being called a disaster? Its current rating on steam is a very respectable 93% at the moment.

• edited April 2017

((posted in wrong thread. XP))

• I liked the first episode , Music fantastic ,story .but they game much greater importance to GOTG than ANF thats the problem

Sign in to comment in this discussion.