GOTG Episode 2 Waiting Thread - Rated by Aus, Releasing June 6th, New Key Art, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• Because I am Groot

Take a wild guess

• Looks like this'll be how episode 2 of MCSM went. Where the entire episode is completely different depending on your choice.

Cool!

OzzyUK posted: »

Trailer is out.

• edited June 2017

It'll be cool to see Rocket's girlfriend, Lylla the Otter.

• edited June 2017

Alright! The plot thickens!!

Interesting what may happen next. Rocket reveals more of his backstory (which I'm pretty excited about, after reading about it online... now we get to see it in action! ..or at least Telltale's version.) I'm not too ticked off that they spoiled a choice in the episode, because now I'm even more excited on how they handle that branching path! It does indeed seem like the Episode 2 of MCSM, where half the episode changes based on a decision. Now that I'm really excited about. Guardians is one of the few Telltale series I really have the urge to replay compared to others. I like the humor, it has interesting choices concerning Rocket, Drax and Gamora. Though, that may be because of my love for the two movies. (especially the second one, it's just so stylish and well written. Telltale's is less so, but I found good humor and writing in it.)
    They have also improved their trailer making skills. This trailer really made me laugh out loud more than the previous two did. Though, I assume that's mostly because Telltale were limited in their scenes due to not revealing the villain at first. They were pretty hush-hush about it... So that left them mostly the Thanos fight and the Bar scene to grab from.

And then... rewrites. I'm not saying this is bad, as it does look like TFTB where it's going to do some good. Just that things look different than they previously did, and it seems like it's that way for no reason other than plot. That makes the continuity portion of my brain a bit mad. (Glyphs on the Forge... but where were they before?! Will that change in the main menu? ;)) [Kind of like Handsome Jack's design change from a dark blue, pixelated ghost; To a light blue, more smooth ghost. Minimal, but noticeable.]

Trailer is out.

• Nice!
    See... MCSM was a pretty good series in terms of choices and their consequences. They weren't big plot changing ones, but they were very cosmetic in changing the look or order of some events.
    Good to know that may be the case here.

lupinb0y posted: »

Looks like this'll be how episode 2 of MCSM went. Where the entire episode is completely different depending on your choice. Cool!

• WTF is wrong with this trailer?! I stopped watching it halfways.
    They pretty much spoiled the premise, new characters and the biggest choice of this episode!

Trailer is out.

• Looks like the same situation as the second episode of Minecraft Story Mode: A good portion of the chapter is completely different depending on your choice of where to go.

Perhaps that is why we are getting reports of the chapter being small.

Trailer is out.

• What are the odds that Lylla will have the same voice actress as Elena from the Uncharted series?

• Does not sound like her to me, but then again she only said one word in the trailer.

matteso586 posted: »

What are the odds that Lylla will have the same voice actress as Elena from the Uncharted series?

• The episode is over 100 mins long according to a playthrough uploaded.

• Man I'm excited! Not to mention the trailer actually got some chuckles out of me, unlike episode 1's trailer.

Trailer is out.

• edited June 2017

Yeah, watch out for spoilers guys. Playthroughs are releasing early again... (or not, at least for Australia.)

Edit: By the way, the thread title says Australia ate Episode 2. Must've been tasty. :grinning:

• Yes! That may vary due to scenes of choices, but that's reassuring, coming off of TWD.

The episode is over 100 mins long according to a playthrough uploaded.

• It got a good few chuckles out of me too. It definitely looks a lot funnier.

Man I'm excited! Not to mention the trailer actually got some chuckles out of me, unlike episode 1's trailer.

• Thanks

Trailer is out.

• OKG 1 DAY LEFT! :D i'm so excited for the next epi! ^_^

• Wow that trailer looked cool! Definitely hyped for this episode! I wonder if we still get to dive into Rockets past even if we choose the other choice.

• That you for that, then.

• Cool beans. Glad you felt mentioning that despite not caring.

• Yeah, I kinda feel bad that Australia gets their game earlier and already post it on youtube.

Cool beans. Glad you felt mentioning that despite not caring.

• edited June 2017

Excuse me but why is telltale letting YouTubers play Telltale games before release date of the actual EP, this isn't fair for fans who do not want to be spoiled and are waiting for release of the EP, YouTubers like theradbrad shouldn't be having special treatment fromTT to play games before everyone else just for more marketing from tt, this isn't cool at all. This is a serious matter and I hate it with a passion, they should wait like everybody else for release, they shouldn't be getting any special treatment, nor should they be able to play the games before anyone else. Youtubers love spoiling things all the bloody time.

• It's called breaking embargo, and is usually frowned upon. Telltale sets a time for reviews/videos to start emerging (recently it's at 9 PM EST).

hs19940 posted: »

Excuse me but why is telltale letting YouTubers play Telltale games before release date of the actual EP, this isn't fair for fans who do no

• what a load of tosh coming from TT, a rubbish policy from them, they should support the fans properly, not a high paid YouTuber.

It's called breaking embargo, and is usually frowned upon. Telltale sets a time for reviews/videos to start emerging (recently it's at 9 PM EST).

• Though, not really. Australia gets the episode before the rest of the world... or did that not happen this time?
    I recall it wasn't always like that, and it truly did release all at the same time for everyone, but it has happened quite a lot for Walking Dead recently.

It's called breaking embargo, and is usually frowned upon. Telltale sets a time for reviews/videos to start emerging (recently it's at 9 PM EST).

• Does anyone know exactly what time the episode comes out tomorrow?

• Depends if it's on a console or Pc I play on Xbox and it's usually there for me by 4:50 am when I usually wake up (EST) but for Pc probably like 3pm (EST)

vegetafan72 posted: »

Does anyone know exactly what time the episode comes out tomorrow?

• edited June 2017

That's true for some, but I have a feeling a majority of them (for example "Theradbrad") aren't using the Australian time zone.

AChicken posted: »

Though, not really. Australia gets the episode before the rest of the world... or did that not happen this time? I recall it wasn't always

• It's out on PS4 EU at least.

vegetafan72 posted: »

Does anyone know exactly what time the episode comes out tomorrow?

• Oh wow, Guardians has now moved to the top (apart from TT talk.) Nice!

• Ah, so you mean the YouTubers should be restricted to their time zones.
    Yeah, I can agree with that.

That's true for some, but I have a feeling a majority of them (for example "Theradbrad") aren't using the Australian time zone.

• Discord dudes like you, my man

AronDracula posted: »

And?

• And you aren't less of a dumbass.

And?

• I appreciate it.

Discord dudes like you, my man

• The fuck is wrong with you?

papai46 posted: »

And you aren't less of a dumbass.

• I'm just saying, you're not clever for sying you don't care about a game on it's own sub forum.

The fuck is wrong with you?

• And your problem is?

papai46 posted: »

I'm just saying, you're not clever for sying you don't care about a game on it's own sub forum.

• Can't wait for them to announce the PS4 version will be released the 7th (if they announce it)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.