Would you take a life to bring a loved one back?

This is something that dawned on me after thinking about it. It's what Hala asks when trying to get the relic back.

Now, what if you really were given a choice like this? If you actually could, would you take a life to bring a loved one back?

For me, I would've really liked to see my grandparents one more time before they passed away. But, I feel like it wouldn't be worth it if it meant having someone's blood on my hands. I wouldn't be able to handle the guilt.

Comments

• No. Not even taking into account how morally wrong it would be, what's dead should stay dead.

• I said no in the game. In real life ya I probably would if it's someone I don't know.

• No way man. What if I ended up killing someone else's loved one?
    I wouldn't be able to handle the guilt, looking at my "loved one" every time would only make me remember the person whom I killed.

• In the game I said no. But in real life I've dealt with some deaths close to me but maybe people should just keep it as is every life is important. Also depending on the person's personality that you are trying to bring back they might not be to happy with you like Peter's mother might think.

• In the game I said yes, but in real life, I haven't ever had the opportunity, and I probably never will, but if I'm being honest, I think I wouldn't be able to stop myself. It would be too tempting.

• edited April 2017

No.. I would like to bring the one i love back to life but not with killing people. It means you are selfish and you don't care anybody but yourself. This is why i chose no in the game too.

• Good answer buddy.

AChicken posted: »

No way man. What if I ended up killing someone else's loved one? I wouldn't be able to handle the guilt, looking at my "loved one" every time would only make me remember the person whom I killed.

• Nah. Anyone who says otherwise should be locked up. Murder is murder.

• Yes, I would take the life of a horrible person. People like Ramsay Bolton.

• Yes...provided that person I am sacrificing is a bad person.

• Yes I would.

• edited April 2017

I would like to say that I wouldn't... But is that the truth? It's impossible to have such opportunity, so my word on this can't be verified. It is easy for me to say that I wouldn't, and I can live the rest of my life actually thinking that I wouldn't since there will never be an occasion where this belief I have that I wouldn't do it would be challenged. But if the moment came, and if I was presented with such choice... I don't really know.

I didn't answer to that question in the game.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Depends on the person. There's plenty of people who have committed horrible atrocities. There's people like Assad who I'd want dead even without the benefit of it bringing someone back to life.

• I said no in the game and I think I'd do the same in real life. I think it would be too complicated because oftentimes you expect that person to be the way they used to be and in literature when they do bring them back, the person never is the same and regret immediately ensues.

• Absolutely not! I've always felt that killing is wrong (unless you have no choice. Self-defense) and adding a reward for killing someone doesn't change that. It wouldn't be worth it.

• Depends on who I'm killing.

• Guys dont be so edgy and dramatic. If your brother/sister died and you loved them above all you would kill anyone to bring them back.

• If the person I need to sacrifice is actually a terrible person then sure. Otherwise no.

• I would in a heartbeat if something happened to my little brother or sister.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Guys dont be so edgy and dramatic. If your brother/sister died and you loved them above all you would kill anyone to bring them back.

• I like to think that I wouldn't do that but who knows what kind of person I'd be if that happened.

Guys dont be so edgy and dramatic. If your brother/sister died and you loved them above all you would kill anyone to bring them back.

• I would. I'd hate myself for it, but at the end of the day my family and those I care for come before the random person I see on the street.

And I was never one for letting go.

• I said yes in the game but in real life honestly i dunno i don't have the balls to
    i don't even think i could kill the leader of ISIS i know i should but i don't think i can. I know that sounds mess up it's even more mess up knowing i can bring back a love one.

• says "Guys dont be so edgy and dramatic."

immediately says something edgy and dramatic.

• no. murder is not okay in any sense no matter what you're doing, eventually i'll move on and accept that my loved one is gone. that's just life.

• just curious, what kind of terrible person do you classify worthy of murder?

lupinb0y posted: »

If the person I need to sacrifice is actually a terrible person then sure. Otherwise no.

• Someone who's a serial rapist or murderer (of innocent people) who finds no fault in their actions I guess. That kind of terrible person.

just curious, what kind of terrible person do you classify worthy of murder?

• fair enough.

lupinb0y posted: »

Someone who's a serial rapist or murderer (of innocent people) who finds no fault in their actions I guess. That kind of terrible person.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.