Battle of the Bastards in season 2?

Could we be seeing a Battle of the Bastards in season 2 of Telltale's GoT? It would honestly be interesting to see the battle from a different point of view, especially from Asher's or Rodrik's point of view. (If they ever live, of course.)

Although, I don't believe Telltale are able to animate an entire battle of the bastards, but we'll see if they can.

Comments

• Also, Rodrik did promise he would get some form of revenge on Ramsay. So I bet a battle of the bastards will happen.

• It would be the perfect way to end the Forrester-Whitehill conflict once and for all. Rodrik/Asher and Gared could get involved in the initial battle with options to pester Davos to rush in. QTE sequences to not get crushed would have to be in there.

Torrhen Whitehill and his men could be the ones guarding the front gate to Winterfell. Rodrik/Asher could insist on taking care of it. Finally, Rodrik/Asher can have some alone time with Ramsay but the least they can do is spit at or punch Ramsay and say "This is for Ethan, you bastard!" and then walk away to let Sansa finish the job.

• If they'll do a major timeskip, either between the seasons or somewhere in season 2, then I could see it happening. However, if they want to continue directly where season 1 ended, then I'm afraid the Battle of the Bastards is too far in the future. I mean, s1 of the game ended around the ending of s4 of the show, and BotB is at the end of season 6.

• edited May 2017

I agree with this being the perfect way to end the Forrester vs Whitehill conflict, but I don't agree with how House Forrester will be involved in the main clash and how we'll get to harm Ramsay. Because Jon Snow would've already done that.

I believe Jon Snow will task House Forrester with preparing the battle and digging trenches, etc. And I believe Jon will execute Gared for deserting the Night's Watch as that is his duty as a Northern Lord and King, eventually. Which might cause a disconnection with House Stark and House Forrester and will lead Asher/Rodrik to get revenge on Ramsay on their own but they would fail.

Once Winterfell has been besieged, I think Rodrik/Asher will be fighting whatever was left of the battlefield after the Vale came to rescue Jon and his wildlings and will encounter Whitehill soldiers. And from there we will be killing Whitehill soldiers.

Afterwards, we'll be able to kill Gryff/Ludd in the field. So, in way we'll be getting revenge, but not quite because we didn't get our hands on Ramsay for killing Ethan. Add a bitter disconnect between Stark and Forrester and you've got the perfect bittersweet ending for season 2.

TL;DR House Forrester won't be in the Battle of the Bastards because Jon would execute Gared for deserting which causes a disconnect between Stark and Forrester and instead will be trying to kill Gryff/Ludd in the field rather than helping House Stark.

It would be the perfect way to end the Forrester-Whitehill conflict once and for all. Rodrik/Asher and Gared could get involved in the init

• Well, in every Walking Dead sequel there was always a time skip. I believe they would do the same for this.

I feel like they will at least start season 2 where season 1 left off so we know what happens to Rodrik/Asher and Beshka and Ryon and what Gared is doing. And then, they could just do a time skip to season 6 where it shows Rodrik/Asher and co. hiding from Boltons and their supporters in another region, say, the Riverlands. Gared marching South to save House Forrester from doom, and then showing Beshka and Ryon probably reuniting with Rodrik/Asher and co.

From there, the story can go anywhere leading up to BotB as the finale.

If they'll do a major timeskip, either between the seasons or somewhere in season 2, then I could see it happening. However, if they want to

• True, and perhaps it would indeed be good for the story to have a time skip, since not that much happens in the North during season 5 (except at the Wall). In season 6 however there is much more happening that could give the Forresters a great storyline. What worries me about time skip though is that they might be tempted to use it as an easy and cheap way to get rid of determinant characters, perhaps just showing some flashbacks of them dying. The one determinant character I have the least hope for is Mira, and in all honesty I think making her determinant was a mistake from telltale in the first place, because I can't see it leading to anything but her dying right away in the first episode.

Well, in every Walking Dead sequel there was always a time skip. I believe they would do the same for this. I feel like they will at leas

• I don't think they'll do that though, because Telltale have heard our complaints and they've probably regretted killing off Kenny or Jane in ANF.

True, and perhaps it would indeed be good for the story to have a time skip, since not that much happens in the North during season 5 (excep

• Let's hope so.

I don't think they'll do that though, because Telltale have heard our complaints and they've probably regretted killing off Kenny or Jane in ANF.

• "Although, I don't believe Telltale are able to animate an entire battle of the bastards, but we'll see if they can." Well if they make their engine more efficient, there could be potentially thousands of low texture soldiers from afar or some good quality at short range. TTG will have to learn from The Creative Assembly. Ressource demanding but not impossible. We already saw what appeared to be half a thousand men. 10 times more isn't so so much more for faster PCs. once again the engine needs to be made more efficient. And perhaps we could support Jon. Knowing the outcome makes a huge spoiler. It's hard to root when you know your team will win anyway. It just makes you "not very involved". Plus House Forrester is dead. They're just some Forrester survivors hunted down by Whitehill murderers, a mortally wounded former lord (lord of what now?). I can't see how House Forrester could have any direct interest in such a clash. Sure it's in our interest that Jon wins but we don't have any manpower left. And it's gonna be a while before this happens. In other words there will be a lot more urgent stuff to solve until we get to possibly see (or even participate) in a massive battle, the outcome of which is already spoiled. If there is no BotB in S2, I won't be criticizing anyone. It sure would be fun but we already watched it, we don't need a remastered 3D version. I'd like TTG to focus on Forrester survival and rebuilding. The background is the stage in which the story is supposed to develop, the background isn't the point of the story. We don't play for the Starks nor can we really help them or hurt them.
    We play for Forresters, we face their problems, we try to manage those problems with choices. In short, the BotB is supposed to be a part of the later setting of S2, at least I believe it so.

• The Forresters did lose most of their army at the Red Wedding and barely had anything left to defend Ironrath. Then in the Battle of Ironrath, they lost everything and no other house in Westeros came to their aid. Since they're a third tier house, I can't really imagine how they're going to reclaim Ironrath aside from the Starks promising to give it back to them.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.