Tales from the Borderlands - can you jump straight in?

Hi guys

This game looks great - is it playable if you've missed the previous episode/seasons?

I'm sure it'll do a "previously on" style recap, but you can't get earlier episodes so it's this or nothing

Thanks

Comments

• I honestly don't see the reason of not playing the whole game. If you're talking about the other Borderlands games I think you can catch up easily by watching an explanation video on youtube or you can just start TFTB. I played Borderlands 2 first, then I jumped to TFTB without playing BL1 or The Pre Sequel.

• I'm assuming you mean the main borderlands games. They aren't episodes, they're the series TFTB is based on. TFTB picks up where BL2 ends except not from a vault hunter's perspective. You definitely won't understand a lot of things but lots of people say that they liked it with no prior borderlands knowledge anyway so I guess you're in the clear.

• You don't have to play any main series Borderlands game to enjoy this game, if that's what you're asking. I've never played any Borderlands games, but Tales is still my favourite Telltale game.

• I guess you mean borderlands 1 and 2 right? If so no you don't have to play them before telltale's version but you may be in need of gathering some information about someone named handsome jack before playing

• Jump right in! From what I've seen, TFTBL was a lot of people's first Borderlands game. It's a great introduction to the franchise. If you like it, I definitely recommend trying out Borderlands 2 and The Pre Sequel as well. They aren't Telltale games, they're first person shooters, but don't let that scare you off. They're super creative, funny, and have a very engaging story as well!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

As others have said you can jump straight into Tales From The Borderlands without having played the other Borderlands games, i played it with only basic knowledge of the series and really enjoyed it and consider it one of Telltales best games.

• That's a great idea kenny thank you

Poor choice of words by me when I said episodes. As you interpreted, I should have said previous games/seasons

I honestly don't see the reason of not playing the whole game. If you're talking about the other Borderlands games I think you can catch up

• excellent thank you

Poor choice of words by me when I said episodes. As you interpreted, I should have said previous games/seasons

• Thank you all for taking the time to help, and for interpreting my question too

I'm off to download the game ready for my upcoming vacation so fingers crossed!

Thanks again everyone

• I hope you enjoy it. I know you will actually, it's one of the best Telltale games so far. :D

HotspurLee posted: »

That's a great idea kenny thank you Poor choice of words by me when I said episodes. As you interpreted, I should have said previous games/seasons

Sign in to comment in this discussion.