You and 10.7% didn't encounter ****.

I've realized lately that you could bring Finn along when you escape Casteblack. There is the point, I kill the Whitehill soldier, Finn sees me, the next day he snitch on me. I watched some walktrough videos and I was surprised that (in most of them) Finn didn't act like a dick in front of frostfinger.
I mean, my Gared was the kind of guy minding his own business, I tried to stop Finn when he attacked Cotter, but I hit him to defend myself, and when frostfinger asked me who was talking in the crowd, I didn't snitch.

I know I was harsh with him sometimes but he was always trying to bully Gared lol. Come on 10%? What did I do wrong?

Comments

• You must have been very unfriendly towards Finn. Try to be more reasonable next time. Britt succumbing to his wounds after you walk away looked rather silly. Kicking him off the wall is soooooo worth it!! Finn will still defend you if you kick Britt off the wall. That is if you're on good terms with him.

• I see, only my choices in episode 3 matter? And yes I walked away I thought he would survive lol.

• edited May 2017

You didn't do anything wrong. I almost never encounter him either.
    The first impression I got from him was "Oy, fuck head!! You're in my spot. So MOVE."
    Then he tells Cotter he has something for his sister, and something for him too (his cock for his sister, his knife for Cotter)
    Even if you do not snitch, he won't appreciate anyway. Let's face it he's an ungrateful cunt. Why? Argumentation follows:
    Remember him mocking (and pushing) you as you transport the barrel. "Don't hurt yourself, Tuttle". "I'm thinking steward for you. You can help Frostfinger wash his cock".
    If you tell him to fuck off he teaches you how to speak politely: "Mind your language, Gared"
    Then he attacks Cotter for a suspected (he had no proof even though it was true) knife theft, a knife he got from the man he murdered.
    Then if you just stand between Cotter and him, he pushes you around and eventually punches you. (unprovoked physical attack)
    Then he sntches on who stole what (he has no proof but he already accuses), and who dared defend his victim (you).
    Then after Frostfinger decides to punish you scrubbing the latrines, and to deal with Finn, the latter just tells him to fuck off (and gets a well deserved) punch for that.
    Remember that unless you managed the QTE well, your face will be bruisy and bloodied as hell.
    Then after you become ranger and succeed in all the trainings (bow, sword, barrel) he tells you he can't believe you become a ranger, that you dont even have balls between your legs, you don't have what it takes, you'll be a liability and so on.

UNLESS you respond with an arse licking "I can help you" (why would you want to help the jerk that pushes you around, that physycally assaults you, that insults you),
    you're just given the option to stand for yourself. You tell him that you don't care about his problems (least you can do if you do not want to cause the problems yourself).

He considers this response as unacceptable and implicitely becomes your enemy, telling (lying) he saw the whole fight from the start (BTW what was he doing, just enjoying the show?)
    and tells you attacked Britt for no reason, no matter your possible choice to try not to fight him. According to Finn, who wasn't there during any moment of the fight, you murdered poor little Britt in cold blood. In the end the fat cunt Finn just wants the axemen to take your head, and for what, that you do not care about his problems??? After everything he's done to you and your friend? WTF?!

• Aha seems like you really hate the guy. I had doubts about the Gared/Finn friendship but your post make me hate him even more than before lol.

"UNLESS you respond with an arse licking "I can help you""
    This. If you pick this option they (Gared/Finn) laugh at how he nearly broke your skull at Casteblack. If this is the only way to befriend him then screw him.
    I told him "try being less than an arse" then he starts boohooing about how nobody cares about him, I picked the remain silent option.
    Anyway, Cotter is the only friend you need.

• not really there s another dialogue option after that after he starts saying no one would care if he dies to which he will still hate you if you re silent or say you would not care if he died if you dont do then he still appears later on.

Aha seems like you really hate the guy. I had doubts about the Gared/Finn friendship but your post make me hate him even more than before lo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.