Episode 1 & 2 choices not saving. Please help.

Hi everyone,

So when I played some of episode 4 of The Walking Dead ANF, I realized my choices from previous episodes must not be saving. This is because when Javi reunited with the rest of the crew after seperating from them near the end of episode 3, Conrad started talking to him even though I made the choice to kill him in episode 2... This wouldn't be so strange l if I ever skipped an episode at any point so choices would randomize, but I always played an episode until the end. And also, there was no sign of Conrad during episode 3...

I havn't played any more of episode 4 after that happened because I want to play the game through with choices that I'm happy with.
I went to the choices part of the main menu and there is 2 choices from episode 1, no choices at all for episode 2, but all the choices from episode 3 that I made are still all there. Because I thought it might fix the problem, I played through each episode again (obviously I have too much spare time haha) to find that it did the exact same - which is very annoying, it's also irritating because I found many spoilers in the process of trying to find a solution to fix the problem. I also had other bugs like the whole screen pixelising when Javi came into the action (so alot), and characters eyes blacking out completely, and Mariana's appearance changed totally - I obviously havn't been very lucky playing this game lol. But I am mostly annoyed about my choices not saving as it changes how the game plays out.

I have already emailed Telltale about this problem who say they are working on fixing it, but I know people have had issues similar to mine for a long time and I was wondering if there was a simple way that I'm missing to stop this problem from happening. (I'm on xbox one)
I would appreciate it very much if someone would help. Thanks in advance ! :):):)

Comments

• KEEP CONRAD! FOR TEH LUV OF GOD YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

• How come? Is it worth it to betray Clem?? ;-;

Melton23 posted: »

KEEP CONRAD! FOR TEH LUV OF GOD YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

• If you want a determinant character to live through the whole series for once, then yeah.

_sophie posted: »

How come? Is it worth it to betray Clem?? ;-;

• She doesn't give two dicks if you do betray her and doesn't mention it later on. Conrad also returns to save javi in episode 4 if he survives episode 2 and 3

_sophie posted: »

How come? Is it worth it to betray Clem?? ;-;

• If you play on steam there is a known issue with the steam cloud save feature and the telltale cloud save feature not working together and causing save files to be lost.

This happened to me and caused me to lose episode 1 and 2 choices going into episode 3. The only fix was to turn off steam cloud saves and replay the first two episodes again.

• So I went to download episode 4 and I get the continue your story screen....I was signed in with Telltale while I was playing and had cloud save turned on. My choices for 3 episodes are still on my profile. What happened???

• What device are you playing it on?

Bonbomb posted: »

So I went to download episode 4 and I get the continue your story screen....I was signed in with Telltale while I was playing and had cloud save turned on. My choices for 3 episodes are still on my profile. What happened???

• For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on which Telltale series you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

I'm going to close this discussion and move it to the archived Support Forum section, but you can still receive help from Telltale Staff members by trying any of the options above.

[Please note that this message is only posted by volunteer community Moderators. Community Moderators are not Telltale Staff.]

This discussion has been closed.