GRRM Should Hand "Winds Of Winter" and "A Dream of Spring" Over to Some Other Authors

GRRM has taken a long time to write The Winds of Winter and it still seems like he's a long way from being finished. I think he should hand over some of the writing to other authors. Get some of his author friends to do it, or experienced authors he could work very closely with. If he gets a team together each one could handle a character or two and be done the novel in a few years. Obviously the story would have to be mapped out before hand so that no one messes up the continuity between chapters, but I think it would be the best way to do it.

Martin would still work on the novels, writing chapters, ironing out the story, editing chapters written by the other authors; he just wouldn't be the only author. I think it would be the best way to finish the series. This way the books are finished quicker, but still have massive input by Martin.

Comments

• Let me answer you with a quick comment:
    All the magic all the good writing and real stuff that is asoiaf comes from this man so have patience with him he is not going to die or something.

Moreover if he hands asoiaf to another autors you will never see the real final of the series(On GRR Martin hands) and you will regret it mate.

• Well he certainly does take his sweet time with them, and he has tons of other projects as well which isn't helping. I'm pretty sure we'll get TWoW from him in a year or two, but I don't have much hope for ADoS. That said, I hope there is someone who he is sharing his plans for it, who can possibly shadow write it to the end after Martin himself passes. Maybe it wouldn't be as good as GRRM doing it himself, but I'd take it over the series being forever unfinished.

• Maybe you should be patient and let him work on his story instead of handing it over to someone else. The books are as good as they are because of him and rushing it or letting someone else do it risks his creative vision. I should also clarify that he hates hearing stuff like this.

• Man I've been patient for six years. And I'm fine with waiting for him to finish TWoW b/c he's pretty close to done. But maybe for the next one he could get some help. Like I said he wouldn't be totally pushed out, he would still write chapters and map out the story as he wants it to be told, he would just hand off some character's chapters to other authors who he would work very closely with.

And I think if GRRM did ever stumble upon this forum some how and saw this discussion; he would be grown up enough, and professional enough to handle a little constructive criticism.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Maybe you should be patient and let him work on his story instead of handing it over to someone else. The books are as good as they are beca

• No I meant he hates when people rush him.

soysauce posted: »

Man I've been patient for six years. And I'm fine with waiting for him to finish TWoW b/c he's pretty close to done. But maybe for the next

• Let grrm do he's work but I'm worried that the show will spoil some key plot points in the books

• Wow this is one of the worst things i have read on the internet

• edited May 2017

What don't you like about it?

Wow this is one of the worst things i have read on the internet

• wtf you saying

soysauce posted: »

What don't you like about it?

• The only author I could ever see him working with is Bernard Cornwell. GRRM praises him for how he writes battle scenes, so if it did come down to another author I would see him asking Bernard to take over, but their ways of writing are so different that it would read like historical fiction instead of fantasy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.