Why was Gregor north of the Wall?

So it was said that Lord Forrester and Duncan Tuttle and I presume a few other people at some point were north of the Wall to find the north grove. So how did he get there? And why was he there? Was it literally just to hide his bastards? If it was surely there were some easier hiding places than north of the Wall. I don't know if this has been mentioned before, or if I'm just being dumb, but I can't figure it out.

Comments

• Maybe get some extra seeds of Ironwoods from Beyond the Wall?

Also the Wall isn't the only way through it. One can use ships to bypass the wall and get to the lands beyond.

• That's true I hadn't thought about ships. Why don't more wildlings do that? Lol it seems kind of easier than climbing a seven hundred foot tall block of ice.

Maybe get some extra seeds of Ironwoods from Beyond the Wall? Also the Wall isn't the only way through it. One can use ships to bypass the wall and get to the lands beyond.

• Good point that‘s why House Mormont is so connect with wildlings(Even there was a theory in which Tormund is the father of the Mormont childs,the lover of Maege Mormont).

Anyways I theorize that Gregor wasn't ever North of the wall himself if not an unknown member of house forrester who was a night's watch ranger and carry the childs to the groove could be,use your imagination mates ;)

That's true I hadn't thought about ships. Why don't more wildlings do that? Lol it seems kind of easier than climbing a seven hundred foot tall block of ice.

• Small groups of wildlings does use small boats to pass the Wall.

Mance's problem was that he didn't have the time or the knowledge of building ships large enough to carry hundreds of thousands of wildlings to pass the Wall.

That's true I hadn't thought about ships. Why don't more wildlings do that? Lol it seems kind of easier than climbing a seven hundred foot tall block of ice.

• Yep Mance's obsession along with the other Wildling's kings to cross south passing the wall(Bael the Bard,Raymund Redbeard or the horned lord) was the maximum of stupidity.

But they probably couldn't cause of freefolk naval and construction was worse than Northerners and Westerosi in general.
    Some of them reach Mormont's lands(proximity) but other cause than scaping from the white walkers, if wildlings are viewed in southern territory they would be executed with no discussion about it.

:)

Small groups of wildlings does use small boats to pass the Wall. Mance's problem was that he didn't have the time or the knowledge of building ships large enough to carry hundreds of thousands of wildlings to pass the Wall.

• Wildling sex tourism.

• Well...They do say there are no laws beyond the Wall...

Wildling sex tourism.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.