First Episode available TOMORROW!

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
Yes, i live in France and i'm excited about the worldwilde release of the first episode!
I've never played Sam and Max before but i think it's great!
I've seen some videos of Hit The Road and the humour is great.
(Why not sold or offer Hit The Road when buying the first season or in a bonus with the CD? It will be great because i can't find it anywhere)
At what time the game is supposed to be out tomorrow (GMT hour)?
Thanks for the answer.

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Winckle wrote: »
    I've seen some videos of Hit The Road and the humour is great.
    (Why not sold or offer Hit The Road when buying the first season or in a bonus with the CD? It will be great because i can't find it anywhere)

Try Ebay! :)

--Erwin
  • LGHLGH
    edited October 2006
    Winckle wrote: »
    At what time the game is supposed to be out tomorrow (GMT hour)?

Yeah, I was wondering about that too... Will it be GMT or local Californian time?
    And hopefully your download servers won't break down under the thousands of simultan downloads ;)
  • Winckle wrote: »

Holy cow you never played Sam n Max... you poor guy...
    My only tip to you, if you see it take it. Wathever happens after it will be worth it I promise ;) . It's just a soo damn amazing game :D
  • edited October 2006
    By the way, they can't offer the original game in the bundle because LucasArts owns it.
  • edited February 2014
    Nothing.
  • edited October 2006
    damn, here in austria it's still 16:44....when i recall my steam-activation-experiences the game should be delivered around 18:00 CET.
    but who knows. there will be activation-keys sent out to the customers
    and maybe their mailserver will just blow.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Just for the record, it's 10:30 in the morning on Tuesday the 31st here in California! The game will be coming out tomorrow morning Pacific time (that's GMT -8), so I would recommend going to bed sometime between now and then :)
  • edited October 2006
    ah so its a 1st of November for America and 2nd of Nov for the rest of the world :P
    Its 10am in Australia now
  • edited October 2006
    djando wrote: »
    ah so its a 1st of November for America and 2nd of Nov for the rest of the world :P
    Its 10am in Australia now

Sometimes existing in the future isn't all that great, huh. ;) :p

I can't wait...I only finished the first game a few weeks ago so I'm in a really Sam and Max mood. :D
  • edited October 2006
    Good to see the australians are out in force :p
  • edited October 2006
    ITS THE 1ST OF NOVEMBER(AUS). My computer clock says so, where's my download! :(

Cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait, cant wait!
  • edited October 2006
    You should switch to decaf. :)

--Erwin
  • edited October 2006
    Hey does anyone know what exact time (in pacific GMT -8 time zone) sam and max will be coming out. Morning, arvo, etc. I am from Australia and I can't wait!
  • edited October 2006
    should be available about 5 or 6 this afternoon devil :rolleyes:
  • edited October 2006
    I'm freakin' out here! Just tried to pre-order the entire season but the damn ordering system won't take my credit card!!!!! Why damn you, why? The credit is there, the details are correct but why can't I buy you Sam and Max! Curses!
  • edited October 2006
    Hero1 wrote: »
    should be available about 5 or 6 this afternoon devil :rolleyes:

Uhh, don't think so...

Jake said sometime in the morning US Pacific Time, Nov 1.

Let's say 10:30am.

Here's a Time Zone converter.

Putting US Pacific 10:30am, Nov 1 gives the following time in Sydney, Australia;
    10:30:00 a.m. Wednesday November 1, 2006 in US/Pacific converts to
    05:30:00 a.m. Thursday November 2, 2006 in Australia/Sydney

You'll be waiting until tomorrow, Aussies...
    I'm freakin' out here! Just tried to pre-order the entire season but the damn ordering system won't take my credit card!!!!! Why damn you, why? The credit is there, the details are correct but why can't I buy you Sam and Max! Curses!

Try this forum;

Shopping or Activation Support

I'm sure they'll help you out!
  • edited October 2006
    I have been waiting for 13 years... I think another day won't hurt.
  • edited October 2006
    I read Nov 1st as, 00:00:01am...none of this 10.30am stuff. Cmon Telltale, stay up late for us :)
  • edited October 2006
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

I've been lurking here for ages, but just putting myself forth as ANOTHER Aussie who's been waiting with bated breath. Sam and Max Hit the Road has often topped my lists as fave game, and I adore the duo in general.

Got my signed prints (framed above my desk), t-shirt, Surfin the Highway, and patiently awaiting my sketchbook. Pre-ordered the other day and am bubbling with excitement (it tingles) waiting for tomorrow morning.

First thing I'll be doin when I get to work is downloading... omg can't wait...
  • edited October 2006
    10:30 am? I would have thought it would be available at midnight.. oh well

any one from melbourne round here?
  • edited October 2006
    Melbourne, Florida?
  • edited October 2006
    noo melbourne australia :p
  • edited October 2006
    Another AUS guy here... and yeah, I've been thinking Nov 2 - just like with the Bone games, we get that extra sleep... damnit!
  • edited October 2006
    I'll have you know, as of right now, in California, the business day for Tuesday, October 31 hasn't ended yet. It's still about 4:35 PM. You'll have to wait another 18 hours or so.
  • edited October 2006
    I'm from Melbourne. Can't decide whether to stay up through the night waiting for the first episode.
  • edited October 2006
    Junkface wrote: »
    I'm from Melbourne. Can't decide whether to stay up through the night waiting for the first episode.

I wouldn't, or you'll end up spending tomorrow in a daze, and won't know whether you're awake or not unless your holding a cup of 10x strength Red Bull or coffee.

Eh, at least that's what happens when I pull an all-nighter. :D
  • edited October 2006
    I'm from New Zealand. I figure that game'll come online sometime tomorrow morning. I just don't know whether to play it right away or wait for my wife to finish work and play it with her.

Likely I'll play for 30-45 mins as soon as it downloads, and then start over with the wife in the evening.
  • edited October 2006
    Be sure to take your time with the game. You'll enjoy it more.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Davejhj wrote: »
    I read Nov 1st as, 00:00:01am...none of this 10.30am stuff. Cmon Telltale, stay up late for us :)

On Halloween? Which also happens to be Jake's birthday? You're asking too much. ;)
  • edited February 2014
    Nothing.
  • edited October 2006
    Cmon Emily. Stay up late with Jake, get hammered(Aussie slang for drunk) then post the game and let us celebrate with you! It's the perfect excuse for a party! :)
  • edited October 2006
    I cant believe they are waiting till early PST to release - it basically means that the rest of the world has to wait 'very' long. Obviously the poor Australians are waiting an entire day more but even here in the UK it means that we get it almost in the evening?!

I know a few hours is a few hours but how many years wait is this for a Sam & Max game for those of us that loved the original? I was sure Id be able to download it tomorrow afternoon at least and now we hear this :/ I sure hope it will be possible to download future episodes at an earlier time because PST may be the local time there but this is a global release and so perhaps some adjustment may be needed for the rest of us to get it at a reasonable time during the day? EST may be a better time period to base it around - five hour difference between that and GMT instead of the eight for PST...
  • edited October 2006
    Viz79 wrote: »
    I cant believe they are waiting till early PST to release - it basically means that the rest of the world has to wait 'very' long. Obviously the poor Australians are waiting an entire day more but even here in the UK it means that we get it almost in the evening?

It's being simultaneously released around the world. How on earth does that mean some people have to wait longer?

If there were staggered releases over the 24 hours of Nov 1 THEN it would be (ever so slightly) unfair that some people were waiting longer than others!
  • edited October 2006
    I am not sure if your question was actually serious and you seem to have missed a very simple point... or if it was some sort of strange joke.

How do I have to wait longer? Well lets see.. I get my version to download after 6pm. If you're sitting in California, you get yours in the morning on that same day. Can you see how I have waited and you haven't?

Ill explain in more detail then. Tomorrow morning Im going to wake up all excited to play the game but Im not going to get it until the evening. Another guy who did the exact same thing sitting in Western USA is going to wake up, fire up his PC and foom, its rabbity thingy time!

Its not really the biggest thing... it was a request to simply open up downloads just a 'few' hours earlier so people like me in the various countries across the globe all the way to Australia dont have to 'wait' longer as you can clearly see, Australia ends up a 'day' after due to the time difference. Most of Europe ends up in the afternoon/evening.

Im not sure why you would suddenly start getting excited over a simple request to open downloads a little earlier. Why all this agitation? Is this request for all these people that happen to be further east in the globe annoying? Sincere apologies for wanting to play the game early on the day like the people in the US - clearly it was a request too far for certain posters to stomach :P Still last I checked the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Since it does rise in the east, a time zone more central would be more beneficial for everyone like say - GMT? :)
  • edited October 2006
    Can I preorder even after tonight for the $35?

Reason being I'm struggling to get Windows installed on my new Mac Pro.. stupid issue with the 23 apple cinema display.

I haven't preordered yet but I would like to be able to pay the $35 and get all the games rather than buy individually. But will that offer end tonight?
  • edited October 2006
    I'm in UK, Is it gonna be release on the midnight of 1NOV?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Davejhj wrote: »
    Cmon Emily. Stay up late with Jake, get hammered(Aussie slang for drunk) then post the game and let us celebrate with you! It's the perfect excuse for a party! :)

We did that last night. :D

Well, except for the posting the game part.
  • edited October 2006
    Apparantly not Pinaldo from someone elses quote - its PST which makes it after 6pm our time if they do it at 10am PST. Hence my posts above and requests that they choose a more suitable timezone to open up their downloads on the date since their local one is one of the most 'western' time zones on the globe and most of us are east all the way to the other side of the sphere ;)

I do realise its a US West Coast developer but it is a global audience after all so...
  • edited October 2006
    Hey, consider this: if it comes out at 6pm your time and 10am my time, you're probably just getting off work and I'm just going to work (or already there). Who has to wait longer?

Good thing I'm a student :)
  • edited October 2006
    If it's released 10am PST Nov 1, those of us on east coast of Aus will have it available around 5am Nov 2.

No biggie, I've been waitin just as long if not longer (ie was a fan since back in 93 when Hit the Road... hit), so another day, whilst a bit irritating, won't kill me. 15.5 hours remaining if the above's correct ;-)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.