Why is this game not advertised as much?

In the newer Telltale titles the main menu system was changed. They even advertise their other games up to the first Walking Dead season. Except Tales From the Borderlands. Why is that?

Comments

• I'm guessing it's because Tales sticks out as a comedy, and that for New Frontier, Telltale thought it was more relevant to advertise their drama related titles.

• edited June 2017

Because Telltale has been making stupid decisions lately. Lying to the fans, ignoring or blocking their fans when they offer criticisms, not giving us sequels to games we have been practically begging for, giving us sequels/added content to games no one asked for, most of ANF, and now not advertising TFTBL, which many hold as one of Telltale's best games.

Mod notice: I didn't specify what game(s) I was referring to getting a sequel, so it's okay.

• I agree that it does not get the recognition that it deserves. Unfortunately.

I am fairly new to the Telltale games but even I can see how they put this title on the back end when compared to other series. :(

• Preach! Could not have said it any better.

Because Telltale has been making stupid decisions lately. Lying to the fans, ignoring or blocking their fans when they offer criticisms, not

• That's a sensible theory. Minecraft Story Mode is also not on there and that's a comedy too. I'll keep a lookout in Minecraft Story Mode season 2 then.

I'm guessing it's because Tales sticks out as a comedy, and that for New Frontier, Telltale thought it was more relevant to advertise their drama related titles.

• They've not been completely bad. They were active on TWD forum after the third season ended.

Because Telltale has been making stupid decisions lately. Lying to the fans, ignoring or blocking their fans when they offer criticisms, not

• For what, a day?

XyzLewis posted: »

They've not been completely bad. They were active on TWD forum after the third season ended.

• Maybe, it's just not a wise investment for Telltale. I didn't see a lot of the big Youtubers playing the game which leads me to believe it just wasn't accepted as well by the gaming community. Although, if that was the case then I would expect Telltale to advertise it via their other games even more then.

TSTO47 posted: »

I agree that it does not get the recognition that it deserves. Unfortunately. I am fairly new to the Telltale games but even I can see how they put this title on the back end when compared to other series.

• I enjoyed that small amount of time. I hope they continue to use the forum in their future titles.

I agree TFTB is my favourite Telltale game.

As for sequels: It might be hard to make that work for The Wolf Among Us if it wants to work with the cannon, Telltale won't do anyhing with TFTB until Gearbox does, Batman's to early to tell. MSM and Game Of thrones I cannot comment on as I have not played it. Although, I still think they have plans for a sequel.

I do not know of Telltale blocking negative criticisms, although maybe they blocked comments attacking them. Some comments can be too heated to count as constructive criticism.

For what, a day?

• Also, in response to some of the criticisms regarding ANF that were present on the forum, during a Q&A, Job Stauffer called us a minority of people. Sure, we may not be every single person that played the game, but considering how often we use the forums that are on your company website, you'd think they would take a little more value in what we have to say, considering how we are probably the most devoted Telltale fans around.

I enjoyed that small amount of time. I hope they continue to use the forum in their future titles. I agree TFTB is my favourite Telltale

• Unfortunately, loyalty doesn't work with companies. They're not designed that way and shouldn't be. If you don't like the way Telltale works then the best thing you can do is criticise them. Although, that doesn't sound like the most interesting thing to spend your time on. Maybe search for a fandom which is rewarded by its creators. Telltale isn't everything. If they make too many mistakes for you, leave them.

Also, in response to some of the criticisms regarding ANF that were present on the forum, during a Q&A, Job Stauffer called us a minorit

• edited June 2017

If you don't like the way Telltale works then the best thing you can do is criticise them

No, the best thing I can do is hit them where it hurts, their wallet. And if they continue to make these same mistakes and continue to treat their fanbase like shit and not listen to legit criticisms, which even some of their die hard fans are starting to see, then I will. Many before me have already done so, and that's why sales figures are plummeting.

Unfortunately, loyalty doesn't work with companies. They're not designed that way and shouldn't be. If you don't like the way Telltale works

• Pretty sure it was accepted quite well by the community. It's secretly praised as one of their best games ever. I still have hope they will make a S2.

Maybe, it's just not a wise investment for Telltale. I didn't see a lot of the big Youtubers playing the game which leads me to believe it j

• Your guess is good as mine.

TSTO47 posted: »

Pretty sure it was accepted quite well by the community. It's secretly praised as one of their best games ever. I still have hope they will make a S2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.