Spoiler-free opinion on Episode 2?

For those of you who have seen a playthrough of Episode 2, what are your general (spoiler-free) opinions? Better, worse, or equal in quality with episode 1? Feel free to give it a rating out of 10! :)

Comments

• edited June 2017

I made a Straw Poll for less talkative users

RATE Episode 2 - Under Pressure

• edited June 2017

Wow. A lot of haters.
    But, other people didn't like episode 1, and I did... Eh, opinions.

I made a Straw Poll for less talkative users RATE Episode 2 - Under Pressure

• Viewed by 156 users

Only 2 comments

this is promising

• I'm not...feeling this humor...it's kind of flat half the time.

• It's mostly the same quality. Which isn't great if you ask me. At least it seems longer.

• I thought it was better than Episode 1, but I only watched a playthrough. I don't have enough investment in the series.
    I will say that I felt more sad in one part than I did than in the entire run of A New Frontier.
    I'll give it a 7/10 -- it had a good length too, about 2 hours, with lots of opportunities to catch up with the characters.

The humor though --- meh. It's not that funny to me, there was a few things that got a smirk from me, but that's about it. It's an interesting story, though, I suppose, and choices seem to matter a bit more, but I'm not entirely sure.

• I liked the Rocket flashback which i thought was done really well. Other than that I found the episode to be quite dull and quite detached. The comedy was still pretty bad with few jokes actually working somewhat. The music was decent which you can typically rely on in the series to deliver.

• I felt the episode could have had more my play through was 75 minutes it may be choice dependent or it may be because I rushed through the hubs and didn’t spend time to get extra dialogue. Overall I’m in the 7/10 to 7.5/10 range it was good but not amazing.

• 6/10 for me. Weird choice of music, story not really going anywhere, extremely messed up pacing (which Episode 1 already suffered from), even the voice acting isn't as good as you're used to from these VAs. Choices also didn't matter much so far. Not impressed at all.

• edited June 2017

I really liked the first episode. I really did. And I was kind of hyped for the second one, but got disappointed after playing it. The story of the episode wasn't that bad, but a little boring. What really made me mad was the sound and visual glitches and bugs. My playthrough of the episode was full of them. So... full... of... them. There were times when Rocket was speaking without face expression and without opening his mouth, I was driving the ship and fighting while having a body of a random person on top of my Star-Lord, the friend of Rocket (forgot her name) was having body distorsions the whole time, the background music often suddenly stops and near the end I started not getting any background music/OST at all, and the list goes on and on.

Telltale must always have their visual glitches/bugs, otherwise they're no Telltale games, but this one was the worst. I am so disappointed, so so disappointed.

• edited June 2017

I'm still absolutely adoring this series so far. I really don't understand all the hate for it. -shrugs-

Liked this episode even more than the first one. Really appreciate all the hubs, optional dialog, and things like being able to radio other team mates, check emails, and voice call others. The story still has me really interested and I think it's funny overall, even though some jokes do fall flat. Rocket's flashback was cool to see.

Also, this episode had more Yondu than the last one did, so that made me happy.

• Actually not the worst, most of the batman episodes wouldn't even start up without completely crashing.

Ciocolici posted: »

I really liked the first episode. I really did. And I was kind of hyped for the second one, but got disappointed after playing it. The story

• Everyone's playing it already? Is it just the season pass disc users who can't play?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2017

It's a good episode, better than the first, but the highlight was definitely Rocket's flashback.

• Rocket's flashback was good, but everything else was painfully mediocre.

The characters are uninteresting, the plot is as generic as it can get, choices are boring, and the pacing is horrendous.

I had high hopes for this game prior to Episode 1, but so far, I feel really let down.

I'm hoping it'll get better, but honestly, I can't see that happening at this point.

Overall, I'd give the episode a 6/10.

• Loved it, Episode 2 was even better than Episode 1. My only real nag was how the music didn't want to play in some sequences.

• I have the Season Pass and it's fine, I had to download it directly off the game though, no sign of the episode on UK PS Store when I checked.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Everyone's playing it already? Is it just the season pass disc users who can't play?

• I have the season pass too and for me, it's not fine. The disc just says coming soon.

I have the Season Pass and it's fine, I had to download it directly off the game though, no sign of the episode on UK PS Store when I checked.

• I'm really feeling it too. I'm sad a lot of other people don't seem to. It seems to fix a lot of the problems the other telltale games have had

Deadpoolian posted: »

I'm still absolutely adoring this series so far. I really don't understand all the hate for it. -shrugs- Liked this episode even more tha

• edited June 2017

I had no issue playing Batman, or at least I don't remember having any. The only big visual glitch I've seen, in Batman, was one time with Bruce speaking with his head rotated to his back. It was quite funny tbh. xD

Actually not the worst, most of the batman episodes wouldn't even start up without completely crashing.

• Ah well I downloaded it, must be a disc thing then?

AnimalBoy posted: »

I have the season pass too and for me, it's not fine. The disc just says coming soon.

• edited June 2017

I thought it was good! Much better than episode 1 in terms of humour, more hubs and interactables, Rocket's flashback was really well done (Lylla was adorable), good choice of music, I managed to clock in two hours which was a nice surprise, and the Guardians (minues Groot) got a good amount of development.

However there were a couple bugs and some iffy parts with the dialogue. Why give the option to talk to Rocket if he's not gonna say anything?

Overall I really enjoyed it! Excited for the next episode :D

Also I'm really confused on how some people said they managed to finish the Episode in under an hour.

• edited June 2017

I'll tell you one thing that bothered me. The email and codex notifications. It kept telling me that I had new email/codexs to read, but it was the same stuff that I had already read. Also, is Rocket supposed to have anything to say when he invites you down to the engine room? Went down there to talk to him and he had nothing to say.

• It was pretty good. A bit better than episode 1, but just a bit. There were really good moments, but the whole episode I wouldn't call consistent. This is the only time I'll compare it to Tales, but Guardians feels like Tales put on tranquilizers, there's so much more down time and slower scenes of just characters talking. I love the freedom of the Milano, but I would love to see more fresher environments in future episodes, also it has such a wonderful soundtrack. I just really wish they could nail down the pacing because the songs just go on for darn too long, and they shouldn't be meshed with conversations it takes away the feeling a bit, but I wouldn't call these massive complaints just some stuff I would really love to see improved because Guardians has all the ingredients necessary to make the perfect modern Telltale game, they just need to work a bit on the execution.

• That 36% must be from the Walking Dead forums. :P

I made a Straw Poll for less talkative users RATE Episode 2 - Under Pressure

• Honestly, I came to love this game just due to all these new features that I feel like were much needed in other Telltale games, the story and characters are good but could be better, but that's why we have 3 more episodes... :p

Deadpoolian posted: »

I'm still absolutely adoring this series so far. I really don't understand all the hate for it. -shrugs- Liked this episode even more tha

• It was a great episode. The music selection was much better, Rocket's flashback did a better job of telling a story than a certain other Telltale series has done recently, with flashbacks. Hubs make a much bigger return in episode 2. Your choices from the previous episode as well as this one do seem to be referenced a lot here, so that's nice to hear, as always. I got about an 1 hour and 45 minutes, I think. I didn't time it (I forgot to look at my clock when finishing the episode), but I know for sure it was more than 1 hour and 30mins.

I was worried I'd experience these music bugs others have mentioned, but I was fine. Just usual Telltale bugs and stutters. Not too much, but more here than in Episode 1.

In conclusion, I really liked it!

• edited June 2017

The humor missed a lot, which is sad because I can see they're really trying. The choices were tough and the writing was compelling and made sense if you can look over some minor things. The length was crazy good though, how long was it in actuality? I was expecting it to end on multiple occasions and it just kept chugging, so good. I wish ANF had episodes like that, Guardians is going in the right direction.

• Pretty meh TBH. The flashback segment was genuinely good though.

• Better than the first episode still iffy on the series, the humor misses way more than it hits not to mention zero screen time for the villain sucks.

• Well, I just finished playing the episode and I unfortunately must say, it wasn't very entertaining for me. I found myself bored for most of the episode.

I definitely think the first beats the second. So with that, I'd probably give episode two a 4/10.

• I'm just about the only one who loves the humor apparently.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.