Competition

AGAAGA
edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
So it's an hour and a half after the Halloween competition was supposed to be judged. Are you going to put the winning submissions out soon? :D

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I hope my entry was included. I emailed mine about four hours before entries closed. I scanned it onto my laptop while it was still drying. :D :p

Curse the HSC exam schedule and its ability to make me lose track of time! ;)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Our esteemed judges are reviewing the submissions today. We will announce the winners tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, we're going to post some of the entries on our blog for all to see. :D

Azurice, I got yours in time. :) I hope you didn't ruin your scanner!
  • edited October 2006
    Awesome! I had a blast making mine - can't wait. :)
  • edited October 2006
    Emily wrote: »
    Our esteemed judges are reviewing the submissions today. We will announce the winners tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, we're going to post some of the entries on our blog for all to see. :D

Azurice, I got yours in time. :) I hope you didn't ruin your scanner!

My scanner is well used to all sorts of liquids. :p :) So we get to see some of the other entries today? Awesomeness. :D
  • edited October 2006
    Azurice wrote: »
    My scanner is well used to all sorts of liquids.

Now I'm curious about your entry :D

--Erwin
  • edited October 2006
    Lol ^ I was just about to say :p

Give us a hint to what it was!
  • edited October 2006
    Azurice wrote: »
    Curse the HSC exam schedule and its ability to make me lose track of time! ;)

Yeah, work and family did that for me too. My final entry wasn't quite as I'd envisaged it as I was making it, but ended up kinda cute regardless...

Looking forward to the new blog!
  • edited October 2006
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Yeah, work and family did that for me too. My final entry wasn't quite as I'd envisaged it as I was making it, but ended up kinda cute regardless...

Looking forward to the new blog!

I hope to see some Sam and Max carved pumpkins, as well as some Haikus. Those things are awesome. :p
    Lol ^ I was just about to say :p

Give us a hint to what it was!

It's not as...Damp as I made it out to be. It existed, at one stage, in a state of dampness. :D

Haha, maybe it'll appear on the blog. :p
  • edited October 2006
    Happy Halloween!
    Also, because we're in a giving mood and choosing just three winners was proving to be too damn hard, we decided this morning that everyone who entered will get a coupon for a free copy of Culture Shock when it comes out tomorrow. Woo!

:eek:

Awesome - gives me more time to save for the season!

Thanks Telltale...!

Some brilliant entries - I especially loved the Max-o-Lantern filled with explosives movie! And those other Max lanterns were brilliant too. And the paintings/sketches/flash cartoon... and... I can see why Telltale decided to give everyone a prize. :D

So, who submitted what? Mine was the LEGO based comic strip. Just for fun I think I'm going to build the whole side of the street and keep refining what I've already done. Sybil's next, then the Esperanto bookstore, then Boscos. It'll be easier once I have the game to get reference pics of the buildings from all angles.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Mine was the LEGO based comic strip. Just for fun I think I'm going to build the whole side of the street and keep refining what I've already done. Sybil's next, then the Esperanto bookstore, then Boscos. It'll be easier once I have the game to get reference pics of the buildings from all angles.

That would be awesome. :D We can get you some screenshots from different angles, if that would help.

Everyone in the office had a lot of fun looking through the entires and weighing in on who the winners should be. Like I said on the blog, we'll share more of the entries soon. We just wanted to get the Halloween ones up there while it was still Halloween in at least some parts of the world. :p
  • edited October 2006
    Emily wrote: »
    That would be awesome. :D We can get you some screenshots from different angles, if that would help.

Sweet! I'll get back to you if I can't get enough reference images from the game - and once all the release hullabaloo is over.
  • edited October 2006
    Happy Halloween!

:eek:

Awesome - gives me more time to save for the season!

Thanks Telltale...!

Some brilliant entries - I especially loved the Max-o-Lantern filled with explosives movie! And those other Max lanterns were brilliant too. And the paintings/sketches/flash cartoon... and... I can see why Telltale decided to give everyone a prize. :D

So, who submitted what? Mine was the LEGO based comic strip. Just for fun I think I'm going to build the whole side of the street and keep refining what I've already done. Sybil's next, then the Esperanto bookstore, then Boscos. It'll be easier once I have the game to get reference pics of the buildings from all angles.

I love the movies and costume efforts submitted. And Max Lanterns are awesome! :D

You definitely should keep making the street, as it's pretty much completely awesome. :) Hehe, mine was the Brain-Eating Zombies painting. You can kinda tell that I ran outta time. I decided to finish it properly today, as it's the only watercolour picture I've managed to not ruin in ages. :D :p
  • edited November 2006
  • edited November 2006
    Holy crap, I won!

Now, just waiting for that email with download instructions as I don't appear to be able to pre-download... or do I just use the credit card option and it won't actually be billed?
  • edited November 2006
    Does downloading the demo not work for you? Anyway, I think that you will get an email. They are queued right now, but definitely are being sent out. I don't think you will be forced to do some sort of mock-order... but what do I know?
  • edited November 2006
    Ahh - the demo! Didn't notice that, I went straight to the store! Thanks man!
  • edited November 2006
    Oh dude!! I won too!! (mine was the soap :D) But honestly - AWESOME entries everyone. The fire one was too crazy.

Thanks so much Telltale! So what was it we get? The entire season (will we still need to pay for shipping at the end?) and the signed poster? Is that right? Too dang awesome! :p

I don't want to bug you too much because I know you're getting the bugs into the ordering system and everything worked out. But I was wondering - will we get the coupon code or activation code or whatever emailed to us? I don't see anything in my inbox (no rush though! I know you must be answering tons of support ticckets and stuff. Can't wait to get my grimy hands on the game. :D)
  • edited November 2006
    Thanks so much Telltale! So what was it we get? The entire season (will we still need to pay for shipping at the end?) and the signed poster? Is that it? Too awesome. :p

I don't want to bug you too much because I know you're getting the bugs into the ordering system and everything worked out. But I was wondering - will we get the coupon code or activation code or whatever emailed to us? I don't see anything in my inbox (no rush though! I know you must be answering tons of support ticckets and stuff. Can't wait to get my grimy hands on the game. :D)

I'm pretty sure shipping is free for the prize! :)

And yes, I've played through the demo too (though not clicked on everything yet) and am hoping my activation code/coupon comes through in my email sometime before the Telltale staff all call it a night...
  • edited November 2006
    I.. before the Telltale staff all call it a night...

the horror! :eek: But I don't plan to play it through until the weekend anyway. Lol - I'm inviting a friend over to try to get her hooked. :) But I'm downloading the demo now!
  • edited November 2006
    Lol - I'm inviting a friend over to try to get her hooked.

Is that what they're calling it these days? :p
  • edited November 2006
    Ouch, sounds kinda painful if you ask me. :eek:

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    Oh, c'mon. I'm not cruel. It's not like I use a BIG hook. :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.