Pirates Of The Caribbean - Dead Man Tell No Tales - thread.

So I haven't been on here for a few months, and in that time I went to go see the latest POTC movie. And I have to say it was quite good.

In some ways, I felt it covered a lot of familiar ground, and kinda lacked a little originality, especially with William's son Henry trying to break his father's curse; as William did for his father, but I think the movie in and of itself was still good.

As far as characters go, in my personal opinion, Barbossa was the best character in the movie, albeit the entire series. I think his character is indacitive of what people from that kind of world - the criminal world - are really like.

Like Barbossa, they may put on a facade of being honorable, perhaps even noble, but will not hesitate to sell somebody out, even if it's someone they claim to be friends with, if it means either saving themself, out of pure greed; as when Barbossa mutinied against Jack, or for pure pleasure.

As far as the ladies of the series go, I have to say the actress who played Barbossa's daughter was not only a more appealing character - in my personal opinion - but was also much more attractive than Keira Knightly.

So share your thoughts. What did you think of the film? Who was your favorite character? And even though I'm sure you've heard Pirates 5 is supposed to end the series - if by some off chance they were to make another one - where could they go with the story - and whom would you like to see in it?

Tagged:

Comments

• It was a whole two hours of nothing.

• Eh, it was ok, I feel like the series has gone way too far towards the supernatural side though, the first few movies also had alot of supernatural, but it also had alot of just straight up pirates, this one has just magic shit up the wazoo, and fucking Moses ass water division, fight underwater, I dunno, maybe I'm misremembering the older movies, but they never felt so crazy as this one was

Barbossa is probably my favorite character because he is the one that acts the most like a normal pirate, doesnt hesitate to use people to his advantage, or betray them when he can gain something, but he also allies himself with the right people in order to gain something

• I was really dissapointed after seeing it on the cinema. I really don't like it. It felt like a whole different franchise, not Pirates of the Caribbean. It lacked originality, the romance was forced, the humour was really boring imo, the special effects were horrible. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is still my favourite movie from the PotC.

• Good description of Barbossa.

Eh, it was ok, I feel like the series has gone way too far towards the supernatural side though, the first few movies also had alot of super

• Probably the best scenes in the movie.

FetchWalker posted: »

I was really dissapointed after seeing it on the cinema. I really don't like it. It felt like a whole different franchise, not Pirates of th

• It was great! Jacks character was tired and not utilised correctly. I understood what they were trying to achieve with him but no one is interested in a Jack Sparrow like that.

Will's cameos were well executed and punchy. Love the set up for the next one.

Barbossa was very good again but I did feel there was little to no pay off with his character development and the reveal.

Corina and Henry were welcome additions and would be great leads should the series continue with them,

Salazar was an intimidating and slightly comical foe, perfect for this series. I take some issues with him knowing so much about the compass as that all seems a bit wibbly wobbly, but I'll bite it's cool.

Sharks were great.

The return of the black pearl was somewhat underwhelming but also made perfect sense given the characters in the show.

Bank scene was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Mad love for that.

I wouldn't go as far as to say this is the best in the series but it is very very good.

I am glad to see some love for on stranger tides on here as well cause that is amazing too.

I am hope sales have proven to be enough to warrant a sequel. I want more

• Haven't even seen the movie, but I did see the after credits scene. Look it up yourself if you're interested. Pirates 6 is happening for sure, with a familiar bad guy.

• Yes! That scene was fucking epic!

Haven't even seen the movie, but I did see the after credits scene. Look it up yourself if you're interested. Pirates 6 is happening for sure, with a familiar bad guy.

• After disney was publicly accused of ripping of lucas arts they managed to gain ownership of the rights to monkey island and this is why there hasnt and will likely never be a new monkey island game and if there was it would be a bastardised disney version.

Gee wizz disney you sure arrr swell

I dont watch these movies out of principle although I may plunder them ;)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.