E3 2017 Thoughts

I think E3 for this year was trash. I didn't receive a lot of what I was expecting. E3 2016 was better. But here are the game representations that interested me the most:

And here are my predictions that didn't happen:

• The Last of Us Part 2 News, Trailers, Screenshots etc.
  • Resident Evil 2 HD Remake Reveal
  • New game by Sucker Punch

My final verdict for E3 2017: 5/10

Tell me your thoughts as well.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited June 2017

I admit, I am bummed out about not being able to see any footage of The Last Of Us Part 2 at all this year. :'( But, I was excited by the other games that were shown. :-D Life is Strange: Before the Storm, God of War, Detroit: Become Human, Spider-man, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds.

• So far Ubisoft and Xbox Won E3 for me and yeah there wasn't a lot in this year's E3.But,I think Star Wars Battlefront 2 gameplay. I was surprised Sony did bad this year including Bethesda and EA.

My thoughts on this and my grade is 6/10!!

• I was surprised Sony did bad this year

I don't think it was that bad. They showed Spider-Man, Uncharted The Lost Legacy, Shadow of the Colossus Remake, God of War, Days Gone etc. Other than that, it was boring yeah but all the conferences were boring.

Xbox One X doesn't interest me. Exclusives >>>>>>> Poweful Console

strwar3 posted: »

So far Ubisoft and Xbox Won E3 for me and yeah there wasn't a lot in this year's E3.But,I think Star Wars Battlefront 2 gameplay. I was surprised Sony did bad this year including Bethesda and EA. My thoughts on this and my grade is 6/10!!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

It was OK, this is probably a slump year (or two). So hopefully next year or the year after will be better.

• I mean, there was nothing extraordinary for me, since I dont own a PS4, I cant really get hyped for the games that Sony showed, although Detroit: become human looks fucking cool as shit, Days gone looks like it could be interesting, although I am pretty much burnt out on zombie games, since they mostly dont focus on what makes zombies interesting, zombie survival on its own is boring, its the aftermath and the effects it has on society thats interesting, which most of these games doesnt explore, which is also why I love TWD. Spiderman looks like its gonna be neat, now the question is if they will manage to not make the world feel empty, since I feel thats a problem with the other spiderman games

Best show was Microsoft for me, especially since I currently only have a PC (hope to get a ps4 some time), I am super hyped about the new Metro game, I definitely wasnt expecting it to be shown yet, sequel to Ori and the blind forest as well is gonna be great, cautiously excited for Code Vein, Life is Strange prequel could be cool, although they couldnt get Chloes voice actor due to strike, so that might suck.

As for Bethesda, well, Dishonored DLC/expansion is cool, thats pretty much it

EA.... Well, nothing really stood out to me, dont give a fuck about Fifa, Battlefront is a multiplayer shooter, doesnt interest me, was super hyped for Biowares new IP, until they showed that it would be a multiplayer looter shooter rather than a story driven singleplayer experience, now my interest is nonexistant.

Ubisoft, Well, new Assassins creed looks kinda cool I guess, looks mostly like same old Assassins creed though, maybe I'll just replay Black Flag instead, speaking of Black Flag, Skull and Bones could have been so cool, I thought they had finally listened and made a proper singleplayer pirate game, turns out that too is multiplayer, interest = vanished, never played Beyond good and Evil, but the new Beyond Good and evil looks wacky enough that I might try it, although not sure I'm a fan if the monkey is the protagonist

All in all, pretty tame E3 this year, last year was better for me, mostly because of the Dishonored 2 announcement with another few things, but at least this year had Metro and Ori, which I am definitely super hyped about

• Days gone would actually be a cool game, but I am just so sick of zombies that I dont even think I am interested, especially since most zombie games just focus on the shooty killy aspect of zombies, rather than the survival and social aspect, which is the interesting parts of a zombie apocalypse, hence why TWD is nice'

Detroit become human was the highlight of Sonys conference though, but I mostly play games for the story and dont really care about gameplay, so that game is probably right up my alley, too bad I dont actually own a PS4, guess Ill have to scrape money together somehow

AronDracula posted: »

I was surprised Sony did bad this year I don't think it was that bad. They showed Spider-Man, Uncharted The Lost Legacy, Shadow of t

• I said it in another thread...I will say it again....Sony only has themselves to blame. The Spider-man looked good.but what the hell is with all those QTEs? Releasing the Pro as it is when they did was a bad move. It keeps them from bringing out a PS5 to combat the XBOX. They will have to accept that whenever there are multi platform releases...Sony owners will now get the inferior versions.

Bethesda basically just showed a lack of new ideas...other than charging for Mods(YAY!!...oh wait no that's lame)

Ubisoft had a nice lineup

I want Metroid 4

499 for the XBOX...jeesh...oh well I guess we will see a lot of trade ins on XB1 and PS4 to get it. Forza looked amazing...Sea of Thieves looked great...Crackdown 3 not the best graphically, but the sheer destructive power in the game offsets this...and it plays amazingly well.

So yeah...Microsoft won.

• The Spider-man looked good.but what the hell is with all those QTEs?

This isn't the first Spider-Man game featuring QTEs.

I said it in another thread...I will say it again....Sony only has themselves to blame. The Spider-man looked good.but what the hell is wit

• It really isn't.

enter image description here

In seriousness though the QTEs don't kill it at all. The cinematic presentation of how they're done was quite impressive. And you can clearly tell the game has more depth to it than just QTEs. Doesn't hurt to mention that one mission was quite the set piece.

AronDracula posted: »

The Spider-man looked good.but what the hell is with all those QTEs? This isn't the first Spider-Man game featuring QTEs.

• Quite disappointed overall this year to be honest, thought the Xbox One X would've had a few more WOW exclusives and Sony was surprisingly flat too other than that Monster Hunter game.

Ubisoft surprised me enough this year and so did Nintendo. Mario Odyssey is looking amazing and Metroid Prime 4 happening? That's just brilliant.

• Yes and the Spider Man 3 game absolutely sucks and half of that was a stupid amount of QTE sequences.

QTEs are heavily overused in AAA games ESPECIALLY superhero titles and I was hoping Insominac wouldn't resort to a lazy way of making you feel like you're part of the sequence but alas you're only doing what the game is telling you to do instead of doing it yourself.

I don't have a huge issue with QTEs for boss encounters but for a chase sequence? That just feels lazy.

CathalOHara posted: »

It really isn't. In seriousness though the QTEs don't kill it at all. The cinematic presentation of how they're done was quite impres

• Not Sony's best E3, but when they showed Spider-Man, they already won for me.

• At least they'll give you time to see what you have to press.

J-Master posted: »

Yes and the Spider Man 3 game absolutely sucks and half of that was a stupid amount of QTE sequences. QTEs are heavily overused in AAA g

• No mention of the next season of Game of Thrones. Lots of us disappointed. No word from Telltale, seems there is not a scrap of update.

• i feel u about the zombie they lost its taste every new zombie game its either shooting or shooting they become very boring my only hope is state of decay 2 i played the first one it was good but lacked alot of stuff i hope the fixed it in 2

Days gone would actually be a cool game, but I am just so sick of zombies that I dont even think I am interested, especially since most zomb

• Every E3 disappoints me FeelsBadMan.

• it sucked really bad and i hated it but ubisoft and nintendo did pretty great so i'd give it a 4/10

• edited June 2017

I was disappointed that the new Metroid is part of the Prime series.

I'm also probably the only person whom just likes the 2D Metroid games it seems.

• the life of strange trailer looked good. looks like you can play as Chorlie

• The other one looks like it might be okay. Not the biggest fan of 2.5D, but it's alright.

I'm keeping in mind that the first glimpse of Other M looked similar... but then more and more first person stuff came out.

Johro posted: »

I was disappointed that the new Metroid is part of the Prime series. I'm also probably the only person whom just likes the 2D Metroid games it seems.

• I think it's impossible for E3 to be bad, there are always loads of games to be excited about and while there weren't a lot of surprises this year i'm still looking forward to a lot of games that were shown. Assasins Creed looks great, the setting sold me on it instantly, Detroit looks like an awesome experience, God of War seems to be great, Anthem looked batshit crazy with the jetpacks and such, A way out was really fresh and interesting, more LIS is always amazing, looking forward to the Shadow of the colossus remaster since i never played the original. Sony's conference was a slight letdown but that's because they blew their load last year and had nothing new to show this year and instead focused on what we already knew existed and got us excited for those titles. Sony has a WAY better library than Microsoft, Microsoft is clearly lacking in exclusives to make their console feel worth buying. They are banking way too much on the hardware convicing people and while they have great hardware i doubt it will sell well since we're midway trough a generation and 99% of gamers aren't gonna be interested in spending 500 dollars this far into this generation, plus Sony already stole a lot of their user base with the Pro. Microsoft tried to hide their lack of first party games with a lot of 3rd party wich worked because a lot of people are saying they had a better E3. When it comes down to it tho did Microsoft make me wanna buy THEIR stuff? No they didn't, being a PS4 only user there's only a couple of games wich i would like to play that i can't but if you compare those games to the ones i can't play anywhere else i'm happy to be with Sony instead of Microsoft. Nintendo had a really strong showing this year, they anounced a lot of cool new games, showed stuff for ones we already knew existed and made me want to buy their console wich i would do 100% if i had the money to afford one.

Overall i loved this E3 because i don't think it's possible for me not to love E3. Also shout out to Ubisoft for the surprisingly amazing conference.

• No TLOU2, which is a huge letdown. insert sad violin music

What I'm hyped for:

• Metro: Exodus (I forgot to breathe when I first heard the music, oh the memories)
    • Days Gone (my TLOU substitution at this point)
    • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (it's always a good time to go treasure hunting and Nathan Brake your way through ancient temples)

Also, I'm kinda curious to see Evil Within and Life is Strange, even though I'm not a fan of both games, I'm still gonna follow their development and watch some gameplays. There are a few aspects of it that I like, however there's more stuff in it that I dislike... you do the match.

I feel like I'm gonna be deeply disappointed with Far Cry 5 and Assassin's Creed, though I don't want to jump to conclusions.

State of Decay 2 looks nice, I had fun playing the previous one so I guess I'll check it out in the future. I can't fight my cravings for post-apocalyptic games.

I'm still patiently waiting for Witcher's last DLC and TLOU2. I'd take maternity leave at work just to play those games once they come out, and I'm neither pregnant nor planning to have a child.

• I'm still patiently waiting for Witcher's last DLC and TLOU2

You mean The Witcher 3 DLC ? As far as I know Blood and Wine was the last DLC and it was released back in 2016. Or maybe I don't understand your sentence well.

fallandir posted: »

No TLOU2, which is a huge letdown. insert sad violin music What I'm hyped for: * Metro: Exodus (I forgot to breathe when I first hea

• It's more like a mod than a DLC, but still, it looks amazing and I look forward to playing as a White Wolf for the last time.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/the-witcher-series/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/mods-adventures/114223-the-witcher-farewell-of-the-white-wolf

If you're Polish, search up: "Pożegnanie Białego Wilka".

bruzdaa posted: »

I'm still patiently waiting for Witcher's last DLC and TLOU2 You mean The Witcher 3 DLC ? As far as I know Blood and Wine was the last DLC and it was released back in 2016. Or maybe I don't understand your sentence well.

• edited June 2017

Sony's was the weakest other than Monster Hunter I didn't care much for what they showed.
    Games that interested me
    Dragonball FighterZ (a real Dragonball fighting game by the Guilty Gear guys? Sign me up)
    Last Night (amazing aesthetic)
    Need for Speed (I enjoyed the set piece racing in The Run so I hope for more of that)
    A Way Out (couch coop story? Made for me)
    Skull and Bones (taking all the Assassins Creed garbage out of Black Flag is smart, though I hope there is the ability to fight and walk around)
    Anthem (I want a story driven RPG but I can't deny this looked cool)
    State of Decay 2 (the trailer was awful but I love the first game so I'm still on board with this)
    Metroid Prime 4 (don't need to explain)
    Mario Oddysey (best trailer song in the show game looks like it has charm to spare)
    Pokemon Switch (again don't need to explain)

• Ooh you mean that one . I totally forgot about it. It still a bit quiet about it but I'm also looking forward for it.

fallandir posted: »

It's more like a mod than a DLC, but still, it looks amazing and I look forward to playing as a White Wolf for the last time. http://foru

• edited June 2017

E3 wasn't that bad, but it wasn't good either. The only games that hyped me up was Spider-Man, South Park, Bloodborne 2, Beyond Good And Evil 2, Far Cry 5, and Dragon Ball FighterZ

• Bloodborne 2

?

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

E3 wasn't that bad, but it wasn't good either. The only games that hyped me up was Spider-Man, South Park, Bloodborne 2, Beyond Good And Evil 2, Far Cry 5, and Dragon Ball FighterZ

• Ubisoft won E3 for me. Beyond Good and Evil is one of my favourite games (was my all time favourite before Dark Souls/Bloodborne/TWD S1) so finally after all this time getting another installment in the franchise is such a great feeling. Not gonna lie, I teared up a bit hearing the theme when near the end of the trailer, so glad the composer is returning to do the soundtrack for this too. A little annoyed it's a prequel, considering the big cliffhanger at the end of the first game...but I'll take it. I think the woman at the very end of the trailer is Jade's mother, she looks so much like her that I thought it was her at first. I guess we'll find out the backstory of Jade's parents and how Pey'j came to look after her.

As for Nintendo's conference, I wish I could be hyped for the new metroid games but after the utter shit that they've done with the franchise in the past I really don't have much hope for it. Prove me wrong Nintendo.

Microsoft was just okay. New Ori and the Blind forest game looks good. That's about it for me.

Sony was really disappointing. I think everyone was expecting TLOU2 news. Kind of a dick move not to announce there won't be before the conference.

• I thought it was great for me I look forward towards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=i8qzBkHjk_0

A 8/10 for me I have never been so interested in games for a while Sony and Microsoft could've done way better also Bethesda

I was hoping for more:

• New IP'S and many but that would mean creativity
    • Resident Evil 2 Remake
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer
    • Kingdom Hearts 3 demo
    • The Last Of Us 2
  • edited June 2017

I for one thought it was a great E3 abd for me Xbox and Nintendo win. Last years seemed pretty boring. Lot of games I’m looking forward to. Also the Xbox one X which I can’t afford so probably won’t get just like with the S.

• So Nintendo win by doing nothing?

• Metroid Prime 4 I thought was the biggest surprise

• since this is related to e3, here are my thoughts on bethesda's conference told to my good buddy nate.

• I stayed up just to watch a few of the E3 Conferences and I have to say, I was pretty disappointed by all of them :/ I was most looking forward to Sony's E3 and I feel like the games they revealed in the pre-show should've been part of the actual show.

• I prefer the 2D Metroids to Prime honestly. Prime is pretty great but nothing beats Super Metroid imo

Johro posted: »

I was disappointed that the new Metroid is part of the Prime series. I'm also probably the only person whom just likes the 2D Metroid games it seems.

• denial

MichaelBP posted: »

Bloodborne 2 ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.