Recommend me a singeplayer game.

I am really looking for a new game right now to play.

Games I've already played

The Witcher 3

Fallout 4

The walking dead

Mass effect series

Metro games

Gta v

Assassin's Creed games

Dishonerd games

Dying light

Shadow of Mordor

Resident evil games

Dark souls games

Mount and blade

Far cry

And I'll add more as I remember them.

Please recommend some good story games. Nothing 2d or anything. Last summer I played mass effect for the first time and was blown away now this summer I'm looking for a nother good game! The system's that I can play them on are PC/Xbox.

Tagged:

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Ace Att--

Nothing 2d or anything

...Dammit

• edited June 2017

How about Uncharted and The Last of Us if you have a PS4?

If you want to feel like a badass, try Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain and DOOM 2016. The gameplays are fun but the stories are soo meh.

• Friday the 13th they are adding single player so

• edited June 2017

Telltale's - Tales From The Borderlands:

• It's a very endearing adventure.
    • Will also give you a lot of good laughs.

Spec Ops: The line.

• A subversion of the military shooter genre.
    • Strong message to other games it subverts.

State of Decay:

• Not really narrative focused if that's what your after. Although, it's mechanics build up a story about your survivors.
    • Zombie based.

COD: Black ops 1:

• Plays like most COD campaigns, not story wise, though.
    • Trey-arch likes to add mystery elements to their campaigns giving an unexpected depth to the COD series.
    • Based on the cold war.
    • Reveals mystery at end. In a tastefully subtle but clear way.

COD: Black ops 3:

• I skipped 2. It wasn't bad , very cinematic, but it doesn't have the mystery element that makes the other 2 so good.
    • What might be unappealing is unlike the 1st game, this mystery is very obscure and is not clarified in the end.
    • That is what makes it my favourite though.
    • Future based.
    • Previous games are not required for story. Only a few passing remarks of the other campaigns.
    • The campaign does not play like the other games. You get cool robot abilities which makes the game play pretty fun.
    • Although, like all Call of duty's the levels are very linear and don't offer much for replay-ability.
    • Can be played with multiple people, although you will probably lose track of the story.
    • Campaign missions can be played in any order. I don't recommend it for a first play through, but definitely adds to the game.
    • Zombies mode also has a story.

I wouldn't rule out '2d games' (Not sure which specific genre's you mean). If your looking for narrative games, they often excel at that.

• I argue that Witcher 3 is '2d' because of Gwent. Therefore, Phoenix Right, Ace Attorney should be aloud.

dojo32161 posted: »

Ace Att-- Nothing 2d or anything ...Dammit

• Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls are okay if you can look over certain plot holes. They involve choices and consequences and were pretty interesting for me.

• Nekopa--

Nothing 2d or anything.

Goddamn it.

On a serious note; totally Fallout: New Vegas, since it's the best out of the franchise. Oh and also NieR: Automata, since that game is totally one of the best that came out this year.

• edited June 2017

Dragon Age: Origins. Same developers as Mass Effect, story and characters are the main focus and I see you're no stranger to the fantasy games, so should be right up your alley.

• Watchdogs 2 has a good story it’s also open world it does have an online mode but like I said single player mode has a good story and it was fun for me I also love the hacking macanics I think it’s on sale on steam but don’t quote me on that.

• edited June 2017

Life is Strange
    The Wolf Among Us

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2017

Poker Night 2. Hours of fun for everyone (if you win).

Edit: On 2nd thought it is not exactly a "story game", but I recommend it anyhow.

• edited June 2017

Silent Hill 1-4. 2 and 3 are the most important ones to play though. And if you can manage it, play 2, 3 and 4 on PS2. That's the best platform to play it on. 2-4 are also on original Xbox so that'll work too. Just avoid the PC versions like the plague.

• He said he played all telltale games

BroKenny posted: »

Life is Strange The Wolf Among Us

• I Am Alive
    • Alan Wake
    • any Bioshock, but especially Infinite
    • Outlast
    • Witcher 2
    • Dishonored
  • Seriously man try Beyond: Two Souls, in terms of story it's a really good game. It'll keep you entertained with how long it is

TrashJesus posted: »

Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls are okay if you can look over certain plot holes. They involve choices and consequences and were pretty interesting for me.

• If you're looking for another game like Mass Effect then I'd recommend Alpha Protocol. Features lots of dialogue choices and is a third person shooter like Mass Effect. Most of the negative reviews were because of bugs but most of them have been fixed on PC. If you're okay with the somewhat unbalanced rpg elements (only choose the assault rifle weapon class) then definitely check it out.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34010/Alpha_Protocol/

• I don't see that? I only see him saying he's played Walking Dead.

He said he played all telltale games

• Halo the master chief collection. The campaign is amazing.

• Ommitting 2D means you're missing out. I'd recommend Inside and Limbo from PlayDead. Fantastic games.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

enter image description here

XyzLewis posted: »

I argue that Witcher 3 is '2d' because of Gwent. Therefore, Phoenix Right, Ace Attorney should be aloud.

• The Bioshock series and Portal 2. If you haven't played the latter yet, you're seriously missing out.

• edited June 2017

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Arkham games (Asylum and City especially), Fallout: New Vegas, L.A. Noire, Crysis 2 and Bioshock: Infinite.

Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption are two massive ones I have to recommend as well.

• edited June 2017

Crap I forgot to add red dead and Skyrim to the list.

Edit: why can't I edit?

VenomHD posted: »

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Arkham games (Asylum and City especially), Fallout: New Vegas, L.A. Noire, Crysis 2 and Bioshock: Infinite. Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption are two massive ones I have to recommend as well.

• Any more recommendations?

• Play Mario, play Sonic, play Mega man, play Pacman, play flappy bi-- NOO

• Spec Ops: The Line
    • Sleeping Dogs
    • LA Noire
    • Final Fantasy X/X2
    • Portal/Portal 2
    • Deus Ex Series
    • Mafia series
  • Connora711 posted: »

Crap I forgot to add red dead and Skyrim to the list. Edit: why can't I edit?

• Postal 2
    Limbo of the Lost
    Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    South Park (1999)
    Call of Duty 2
    Lula 3D
    Bioshock
    Stalin vs. Martians
    Batman: Asylum/Arkham City
    Daikatana
    Silent Hill 2
    The Sniper 2
    Night in the Woods

• Firewatch is also a first-person 3-D story game you might want to check out. Lots of walking/climbing around, though.

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games

• Lol your name

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games

• Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection.
    Uncharted 4.
    Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (August 22nd or so)

• If you don't mind playing older games I will gladly recommend you to play Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. It is a PC RPG made by the people who created the Fallout series. The game takes place in Los Angeles where various clans of vampires fight for power and control over the Ankaran Sarcophagus which is rumored to possess god-like powers. It is a very dark and mature game. There are lots of quests with multiple solutions. The story is deep and immersive. Plus, there are several clans each with their own unique playstyles. I'd say that this game is one of the best RPG's of all time. However, the game is notorious for its plethora of bugs. The version sold on GOG (Good Old Games) is generally free of bugs, though.

• Resident Evil 7
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood
    • DOOM
    • Payday 2
  • I got payday 2 for free on steam. But I would argue it really isn't a campaign game.

papai46 posted: »

* Resident Evil 7 * Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood * DOOM * Payday 2

Sign in to comment in this discussion.