9 Minutes of Resident Evil: Vendetta - E3 2017

For you fans I post again:)

Tagged:

Comments

• looks so real, in some moments its like a movie, cant make a difference.

• edited June 2017

Glad to see some horror elements in a Resident Evil movie, unlike those live-action garbages.

If I was that commander at the end of the video, I've would have shot the shit out of that zombie kid. Why would you ask a kid if he is okay when you just saw he was covered in blood and doesn't say anything like "Please help me"?

• That animation is fantastic, but unfortunately the story is falling victim to numerous cliches, of the bad variety.

Also that's literally the Spencer Mansion.

• Also that's literally the Spencer Mansion.

Yeah, they try very hard to remind us of the original Resident Evil, which is funny because Resident Evil Remake is the scariest game of the franchise.

That animation is fantastic, but unfortunately the story is falling victim to numerous cliches, of the bad variety. Also that's literally the Spencer Mansion.

• Personally I didn't find the Remake that scary more than I found it a fantastic masterpiece. Now Resident Evil 3 and 7 I found scary for sure, but I actually find peace in ResEHD. Just like I do Silent Hill 2.

AronDracula posted: »

Also that's literally the Spencer Mansion. Yeah, they try very hard to remind us of the original Resident Evil, which is funny because Resident Evil Remake is the scariest game of the franchise.

• The Crimson Heads is what makes it scary. You can never tell when they're about to wake up.

Also, they tried three times to make us remind of the first game with Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares, Resident Evil 7 and now Resident Evil Vendetta.

Personally I didn't find the Remake that scary more than I found it a fantastic masterpiece. Now Resident Evil 3 and 7 I found scary for sure, but I actually find peace in ResEHD. Just like I do Silent Hill 2.

• edited June 2017

Why would you ask a kid if he is okay when you just saw he was covered in blood and doesn't say anything like "Please help me"?

This is exactly my problem with every kind of zombie media. The only way these kinds of things things can work in the context of the universe is if zombies didn't exist as a horror medium, which is impossible because in almost every one of these things people have brought up those terms. In the first Resident Evil game numerous people brought up the idea of zombies (specifically the infamous "Zombies and monsters" line), so in their universe it's clear they exist, so if anybody fucking ever in that room had seen a zombie movie before, they'd immediately recognize this as a threat. It's the sole reason why I have so much trouble getting into zombie shows or movies, because if the realism isn't there then of course I won't feel invested. It takes me out of the context and atmosphere of the content, and puts me right back on the couch eating potato chips.

Glad to see some horror elements in a Resident Evil movie, unlike those live-action garbages. If I was that commander at the end of the v

• edited June 2017

The Crimson Heads is what makes it scary. You can never tell when they're about to wake up.

Yeah but that's not fear, it's more like anxiety. Just like all other jumpscares in games, while I do feel the anxiety of that about to happen at any time, when it happens it more or less just startles me. It takes deep psychological terror to drive me into a state of fear or panic in a game. Nemesis and Jack Baker are terrifying because they're unkillable and will get up after every attack, so up until the point where they're dead for sure (or in Jack's case, dead for the second time out of three) you know they're always around, and with the anxiety of constantly being afraid of their attack, it's rewarded because it isn't just a short pop up and then an enemy you can deal with using a large amount of bullets. Nemesis and Jack Baker are merciless unthinking killing machines and will eventually get up even if you can manage to knock them down, and that's terrifying.

Silent Hill also has numerous examples but I'd rather not spend 3 hours typing.

Also, they tried three times to make us remind of the first game with Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares, Resident Evil 7 and now Resident Evil Vendetta.

Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares was cute in the way they did it though. It's like for once Capcom put actual effort into the game and it was a cute little idea that I applaud them for. Now was it an idea executed well? Hell no it sucked. But it was a nice idea regardless. Besides, it kinda made sense they'd do that. 5 was the first game in like 14 years that Chris and Jill were both a part of. The gang was getting back together except for Barry.

Resident Evil 7 really didn't do it though. The layout of the Baker Household in 7 is COMPLETELY different to that of the layout in Resident Evil 1, and the house doesn't look a lot like a mansion at all. The only thing similar would be the first shot of the main hall but even then it looks pretty different.

Vendetta is pretty fucking blatant though. I was hoping it'd trigger something with Chris' PTSD and it was done on purpose but no it's basically the Spencer Mansion for no reason.

EDIT: Super sorry for the extra notification! Had to edit a weird grammatical issue!

The Crimson Heads is what makes it scary. You can never tell when they're about to wake up. Also, they tried three times to make us remind of the first game with Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares, Resident Evil 7 and now Resident Evil Vendetta.

• It's going to be jarring watching this because I mostly watch the live-action RE films. But, please, can we stop with the mansions? This cliché is getting old, even for RE.

• Have you ever seen Damnation and Degeneration? They're two other CG Resident Evil films that are definitely worth a watch.

It's going to be jarring watching this because I mostly watch the live-action RE films. But, please, can we stop with the mansions? This cliché is getting old, even for RE.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.