Assassin's Creed has a great story - WHAT?!

So i previously made a thread and you guys convinced me to get 2. But really? All you do is kill target after target. The only interesting part was basically the first 2 hours.

Anyone willing to enlighten me and tell me if the story is gonna get better? I am at the part where you need to kill Francesco De Pazzi.

Maybe i should have trusted my instincts and save for Syndicate.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited June 2017

I mean Assassin's Creed 2, sorry.

To elaborate on what I just said...

The game basically follows this structure after the first 2 hrs.
    Get advice from your uncle > get weapons from Leonardo > get enemy whereabouts from X character > kill enemy

Also, I heard you need to complete assassin tombs to continue the story? Is it true? If its true i might just delete the game because the tombs are so ridiculously difficult and the rewards are what? ~300 florins?

• Bro, you made the right choice for playing AC2 instead of Syndicate, Syndicate has a terrible story, trust me. All AC sequels are terrible after AC4.

• I heard that at least it was funny.

AronDracula posted: »

Bro, you made the right choice for playing AC2 instead of Syndicate, Syndicate has a terrible story, trust me. All AC sequels are terrible after AC4.

• Funny gameplay, yeah but I heard it has such a bad ending.

I heard that at least it was funny.

• I don't really mind if there is open world, good graphics and humour? I never really cared for the story unless its from Telltale. But AC2 is just a very terrible story after the first 2 hours.

Funny gameplay, yeah but I heard it has such a bad ending.

• Goddammit, AC2 is considered to be one of the best sequels in gaming history. You can't say it's a terrible story without even completing the whole goddamn game.

I don't really mind if there is open world, good graphics and humour? I never really cared for the story unless its from Telltale. But AC2 is just a very terrible story after the first 2 hours.

• edited June 2017

But from what I've seen, the next ~3 hours or so are basicslly the same thing. ( i havent gone further.)

So do you know if it will get better? Sorry if i sounded harsh, im just a little pissed rn.

Goddammit, AC2 is considered to be one of the best sequels in gaming history. You can't say it's a terrible story without even completing the whole goddamn game.

• I think you haven't even reached the chapter where you get to ride to Venice with Leonardo. If anything, AC1 is how you described about AC2.

But from what I've seen, the next ~3 hours or so are basicslly the same thing. ( i havent gone further.) So do you know if it will get better? Sorry if i sounded harsh, im just a little pissed rn.

• All AC sequels are terrible after AC4.

Except that Syndicate is one of the best AC games there is, much better than the first game, Revelations, III and on par with Black Flag, while also rivaling AC2 and Brotherhood.

Old ≠ Better. This goes double for gaming.

Bro, you made the right choice for playing AC2 instead of Syndicate, Syndicate has a terrible story, trust me. All AC sequels are terrible after AC4.

• Yet you can say that Syndicate is terrible without playing it?

I heard it has such a bad ending.

Meaning you didn't even play it. I replayed AC2 recently and can tell you that it suffers from a severe case of "overrated game that is only still liked so much because nostalgia". It's a great game, but that doesn't mean it's unbeatable.

Goddammit, AC2 is considered to be one of the best sequels in gaming history. You can't say it's a terrible story without even completing the whole goddamn game.

• edited June 2017

Pretty sure most said Black Flag in that thread tho.

• Seriously get black flag instead. It still has the assassin parts in it but theres also very fun pirate ship battles thrown into the mix as well. It's one of the best pirate games out there if not the best one.

• Assassin's Creed 2's ending is much like Bioshock Infinite's in regards to fan reaction. People either really liked it, or said "Well, now that was bullshit". Especially after the sequels failed to really do anything significant with that revelation. Ironic considering there was a sequel with that title(Revelations).

I thought the ending and gameplay were fine(I really disliked Desmond and his friends though) on it's own. I have heard that even fans of the series admitted that the big hook to that story is now rubbish with how they decided to direct the series after it.

Definitely the best game of the series. Coming from someone whom is no longer a fan, don't put too much stock in that.

• None of the Assasain Creed stories have really been that great, the major benefactor to AC2's narrative was how charming and charismatic Ezio was as a protagonist and not much else.

• (I really disliked Desmond and his friends though)

But I love Shaun and Rebecca ;(

Johro posted: »

Assassin's Creed 2's ending is much like Bioshock Infinite's in regards to fan reaction. People either really liked it, or said "Well, now

• Hehe, but I searched it up the internet and saw it was a pirate game.

Jaku2011 posted: »

Pretty sure most said Black Flag in that thread tho.

• And? It's still fun game to play.

Hehe, but I searched it up the internet and saw it was a pirate game.

• Thanks. I have killed off all the Pazzi and I'm in Venezia with Leornado Da Vinci now.

Do you know what direction the story takes afterwards? Since its less than half the game and Ezio already got his revenge lol.

• I think you should have picked up Black Flag instead. Awesome pirate story (also can't wait for skull and bones from Ubisoft ). As for AC2 not being fun because of "assassination after assassination" I have to say all AC games are structured like that. After all, assassinations are the main premise of the series.

• I see. I don't mind that as long as there is story and motivation behind it.

Unlike the - he is templar, i must kill motivation in AC2.

MosesARose posted: »

I think you should have picked up Black Flag instead. Awesome pirate story (also can't wait for skull and bones from Ubisoft ). As for AC2 n

• Thanks a lot. Have you played Syndicate, I am planning to get that next. Are you able to PM me what the story is about? Is it funny?

• On a scale on 1-10, how lighthearted is it?

• That's the reason it's so good, though. It's pretty far removed from the Assassins vs Templar storyline, but that's honestly a plus in my book.

Hehe, but I searched it up the internet and saw it was a pirate game.

• It had a good story once.

Then it caught Call of Duty syndrome and the rest is history.

• Haha, thanks. Thats the deal sealer for me. Im getting Syndicate.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.