Assassin's Creed 2 rant - I had to get this out.

This game is in no way a bad game, its overall just an above average open world game. I've played it thanks to you guys recommendations (ah-ha! I said that again). This is just a small rant. This is faaaaar from being the best AC othr than for the nostalgia factor.

Let's start:
1. Voice Acting
Ezio's voice acting is below average. There is either 0 emotion or a forced one which made the scene extremely awkward.
You'd expect the MC to have the best VA right? Nope, the side characters are all way better.

1. Villains
    You know what's the main problem with this game? The villains are a complete joke, seriously. (Other than the final villain)
    The Pazzi (which you fight for more than half the game), couldn't be taken seriously. I mean, in the first scene you get into a street fight with Vieri De Pazzi's gang. Frankly, the game could have ended here if he actually game prepared (haha), but it instead he "ambushed" Ezio and his gang with no weapons. Sure, I can forgive that, at first I thought it was just some rivalry. Later in the game, it was revealsd the pazzi were cold blooded killers. But why?! They seemed pretty harmless in the first sequence.

2. Plot
    I think the plot isn't all that great. Seriously, if Ubisoft cant write drama, then stick to lighthearted comedy.

3. Overused
    Since Uberto Alberti, the SAME aminus effect and the SAME interrogating sequence and the SAME words are always used every time Ezio kills a important character. Its overused there.

4. The DLCs
    14$ for 2 sequences and a few templar lairs? Sure, I can buy that. But the thing is, the sequences are poorly written and continues the story for 20 seconds. I havent finished them but from what I saw, that seems to be it. Oh, and Caterina takes a 180 degrees personality change. She sweared more than the total swears ever present in the game.

FINISH

Tagged:

Comments

• Since Uberto Alberti, the SAME aminus effect and the SAME interrogating sequence and the SAME words are always used every time Ezio kills a important character. Its overused there.

The Assassins Creed series has always had that since the first game, its kinda their thing. Another Ubisoft game Watchdogs addresses this by making a joke about its silliness.

• I completely agree with you, but I hope you're ready for the backlash from nostalgia blinded lovelies.

• Meh, not for everyone, just three things. First I'll just ask, how in any way did the Pazzi seem harmless? Seriously, especially if you listen to the database entry for them. Also have the fact that Francesco de Pazzi was imprisoned for murder (revealed in that mission where you meet Da Vinci for the first time). Second, the memory corridors are a staple of the series, used mainly to allow the targets to get their last words in and you can potentially see things from their side. Third, never really cared for the Battle of Forli dlc, but the Bonfire of the Vanities actually provides necessary development for Ezio's character (shame it was cut like it was for dlc)

• Son. My sweet summer child. You think AC2 has repetition? It's blatantly obvious you didn't play AC1. That game is the MOTHER of repetition. You couldn't finish it. I couldn't even finish it even though I was more than half way done.

AC2 was revolutionary for the AC games. It took all of AC1 faults and made it better. It was basically the begining of something great. It is really one of my favorite games of all time (well, Brotherhood is, but many people would agree that AC2 and Brotherhood are a package deal)... but I'm also willing to admit to an insane level of nostalgia. Still, it doesn't change the fact that I consider it a good game

Different strokes for different folks I guess

• Actually I don't mind if it is loght hearted and funny. That keeps me going. Also, I never said it was repetitive.

• edited June 2017

There are so many things wrong in this rant.

Later in the game, it was revealsd the pazzi were cold blooded killers. But why?! They seemed pretty harmless in the first sequence.

Harmless? Vieri's father murdered someone before the events of the damn game. Have you ever wondered why the hell Ezio and Vieri have this little feud between each other in the first place?

Ezio's voice acting is below average. There is either 0 emotion or a forced one which made the scene extremely awkward.
    You'd expect the MC to have the best VA right? Nope, the side characters are all way better.

Look at 0:41 and tell me if Ezio's voice had 0 emotion or was forced.

And look at this too.

I think the plot isn't all that great. Seriously, if Ubisoft cant write drama, then stick to lighthearted comedy.

Your opinion.

Since Uberto Alberti, the SAME aminus effect and the SAME interrogating sequence and the SAME words are always used every time Ezio kills a important character. Its overused there.

That's not interrogating. It's a confession. And of course this would be the same animus effect. Did you expect colors and rainbows?

The confessions have been in AC since the very first game. They are a way for you to hear your target's last words or confessions before they die.

14$ for 2 sequences and a few templar lairs? Sure, I can buy that. But the thing is, the sequences are poorly written and continues the story for 20 seconds. I havent >finished them but from what I saw, that seems to be it. Oh, and Caterina takes a 180 degrees personality change. She sweared more than the total swears ever >present in the game.

Why does Caterina swearing bother you? This is obviously not a kid's game so expect swearing.

The rest is your opinion.

Overall this rant was poorly made and structured and to me, it seems like you have rushed through the game to reach the end rather than taking your time. If you only played the first Assassin's Creed and then played this you would've appreciated AC2.

If you have rushed through the game, then you should take your time and do the side activities.

• Nostalgia blinded lovelies, What?

People loved AC2 because it was a HUGE improvement on the first. It has nothing to do with nostalgia. AC2 improved on the boring story, the gameplay, and repetitive missions from the first. It introduced us to a new protagonist who we followed from birth until his death in old age.

The sequels that came after made the fans love AC2 much more because of how far Ezio has come.

I completely agree with you, but I hope you're ready for the backlash from nostalgia blinded lovelies.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.