Death Note | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

Am I oke with changing location SURE am I oke with American actors SURE even though they have Japanese names ugh oke... But they fucking changed the hole characters wtf

Tagged:

Comments

• Seems pretty interesting. Though I've never actually watched the anime so I wouldn't have that anger that people always have when something they like gets a different adaptation.

• edited January 2018

What the fuck. I don't mind the actors, but what have they done to their characters? Light is a super attractive genius (attractive to this point, that no one suspects him of being Kira), not some edgy emo white boy protagonist. L i supposed to be calm and almost emotionless most of the time, but he already seems way too emotional in the trailer... at least he sits the right way. And I can't really tell from the trailer, but Misa also sounds way smarter than the original. Only character I'm happy with so far is Ryuk tbh.

• They won't put the potato chip line in the film so its swaying further away from my interest. Willem Dafoe is the only actor in this that can do it justice to the anime, he sounds exactly like the English dub. They also seemed to have changed Light's morals with the line "We're not the good guys anymore", I'm not really feeling it.

• this looks like shit. i thought it was going to be like a short serie/movie but nope, theyre gonna try to fit it all in in one movie.

forget the characters race, looks, the acting looks like shit and Misa looks way too fucking smart lol. and then yes, L why is he black? why is he on public is probably more egregious than him being black tbh. oh and he's wearing a mask. wtf? Light looks, just not right, too emo and his motivations dont seem that of a douche bag's with a god complex.

• Yeaah, this looks bad.

• They also seemed to have changed Light's morals with the line "We're not the good guys anymore", I'm not really feeling it.

Yeah the whole point was that Light always thought that he was doing the right thing, even though he became worse than the people he was trying to eradicate.

They won't put the potato chip line in the film so its swaying further away from my interest. Willem Dafoe is the only actor in this that ca

• Go watch it and you will.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Seems pretty interesting. Though I've never actually watched the anime so I wouldn't have that anger that people always have when something they like gets a different adaptation.

• Okay, I've never seen the anime so my opinion might not mean much to those that do but I'd like to suggest that you try to be more open minded and give it a chance. I think you should try and see it as it's own thing and not compare it to the anime too much. I see this so much with different adaptations where people compare the new to the original source so much that they hate it. Of course it could be complete trash but I'm just saying, if you go in expecting it to be bad that's all you'll see.

• It will be bad. All live action anime adaptations are bad. They just don't work and doing them is stupid. You can't fit 30+ episodes of an anime into a feature length film. All you can do is adapt the most important events and cut out all character development, and even then you won't fit it all in. It doesn't work.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Okay, I've never seen the anime so my opinion might not mean much to those that do but I'd like to suggest that you try to be more open mind

• edited July 2017

Will it be bad? Probably. But Willem Dafoe is Ryuk dammit that is perfect casting! As long as Light is still an evil asshole and they don't try to make him a hero than I might enjoy this.

• I'll probably watch DaFoe's scenes on youtube, but that's about as far as my interest goes. The way the characters are portrayed reminded me of the bland way Netflix directed the characters in their series Between. I'm fine with emotionless snark and the misunderstood guy, but not when it's all the series or movie has to offer.

• Man I really don't like the look of this, I'll still give it a chance but as someone who loves the manga and anime this is looking pretty poor.

I'll still give it a chance though, and Dafoe playing Ryuk is just genius.

• edited July 2017

Dafoe playing Ryuk is just genius.

I know! I mean look at Ryuk and tell me that he doesn't look like him.

CathalOHara posted: »

Man I really don't like the look of this, I'll still give it a chance but as someone who loves the manga and anime this is looking pretty poor. I'll still give it a chance though, and Dafoe playing Ryuk is just genius.

• Looks cool. I haven't watched the original since I don't watch anime but the movie looks interesting.

• Why is L speaking publicly in front of a crowd of people and news reporters? I thought he was supposed to never show his face and nobody knew what he looked like?

• edited July 2017

Or that one of those news reporters could just grab that towel on his mouth and reveal his full face to Light

Why is L speaking publicly in front of a crowd of people and news reporters? I thought he was supposed to never show his face and nobody knew what he looked like?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.