What will Telltale do with determinant characters in GOT season 2?

edited July 2017 in Game Of Thrones

Alright, so telltale confirmed there will be a season 2 in 2015.. i wonder what the hell they will do with the determinant characters such as Asher/Rodrik.
They are both the main protagonists in the game and yet both are determinant.. which often results of the character dying. I know it's Game of thrones and you either win or die and so on.. but i really think they made a mistake by making Asher/Rodrik determinant they are just too important to the series. I dont think we gonna play another house unless Gared dies which i hope not.. as he can either return south or stay in the north grove. And now Asher/Rodrik/Sentinel/Traitor/Mira is determinant and Bloodsong as well his fate is unknown ( if you spare him ). As with Asher/Rodrik i really hope they dont kill them right away in season 2 that would only make episode 5 choice useless.. But Ironrath is lost so i wonder where they will go now. As i stated they are just too important to the storyline so i wonder what they will do with them in season 2.

Comments

• edited July 2017

This topic was discussed a lot in the community.If Telltale is lazy would do the minimum and dispatch the determinant characters as fast as possible(stupid deaths confirmed)

Or they take the job seriously and use them in a proper way;they will only die if the story requires it.I mean around the middle of season 2,keeping the Rodrik\Asher plot armour till the end.

A ray of hope is flying around the community and maybe we will get some news next month.But yeah now we only have the obvious details to make an analisis :(

• Asher will hang himself and Rodrik will die in a car accident.

• Rodrik/Asher ought to be kept alive and meet their bastard siblings, retake Ironrath, vanquish the Whitehills, declare Jon Snow King in the North and prepare for the White Walker invasion in the next season.

Hopefully Mira escapes Morgryn's clutches and gets revenge or makes me wish I went with the majority and go out like Ned Stark.

I'm fine if Torrhen becomes the next Lord Whitehill regardless due to Roose not being happy with defective Ironwood products.

• I'm betting:

• Minor characters - Don't appear at all
    • Asher/Rodrik - Will be inactive for most of the season and only playable nearer to the end, have practically the same roles.
    • Mira will barely appear if alive and she'll only be an NPC you can talk to nearer to the end of the season, otherwise she commits suicide after being raped by Morgryn.
    • Secondary characters - End up dying or have an excuse for being in a different role.
  • **kill them all in a crappy fashion **

• They wont kill them off like that, or atleast i dont think they would.. Asher/Rodrik is determinant but still too important to the series, if we look at twd a new frontier we had the awesome kenny who got killed off early.. was he the main protagonist? did you control kenny or play as him? No, this is why i think it's stupid to kill off Asher/Rodrik.. you play as them but they are still determinant which means they will have to die.. killing them off early just dont make sense since you make a big decision in episode 5. They wanted us to feel that 'choices matter'. in episode 1 we couldn't do anything as Ethan against Ramsay Snow, the outcome was the same.. they changed with the 2 brothers where you could choose.. and probably the hardest decision in any game. Still they can't escape the determinant fate sadly.

• All the other determinants are negotiable, but when it comes to Asher/Rodrik, here's what I have to say to Telltale:

enter image description here

• Asher/Rodrik's fate is like a bomb. A single little spark of death and the bomb will explode and the damage will be permanent on TT.

All the other determinants are negotiable, but when it comes to Asher/Rodrik, here's what I have to say to Telltale:

• But in the case with Kenny, he was a main character in the previous two seasons of TWD, he had a large fanbase and became determinant just at the very end of Season Two and had an Ending path with him. Despite Kenny not being playable, his determinant appearance and death in ANF are still greatly despised.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Telltale choose to kill Rodrik/Asher off early with a poor reasoning such as "They were too badly injured". Although I hope they don't do this.

Plus in terms of Ethan and the brothers, regardless of who is saved, House Forrester always falls.

One way they could make Rodrik/Asher live longer without it eating up at their resources too much is making them unconscious or play a minor role for the first few episodes before making them playable with slight differences later on, possibly complete differences for a scene in each episode they're in.

• I'm hoping that Mira at least appears in Season Two and it would be awesome to play as her for even just 10 minutes per episode with her being alive having the ability to change the possible endings, but I wouldn't be surprised if Telltale decided to make her irrelevant or have her death be a suicide after being with Morgryn.

And they'll probably make Torrhen the Lord and just execute whoever didn't die.

Rodrik/Asher ought to be kept alive and meet their bastard siblings, retake Ironrath, vanquish the Whitehills, declare Jon Snow King in the

• Asher will hang himself and Rodrik will die in a car accident.

Probably more like: Asher will drink himself to death and Rodrik will die in a horse accident.

Asher will hang himself and Rodrik will die in a car accident.

• Kenny was a main character yes, but you didn't play as him.. with Asher/Rodrik you control them and they represent house forrester of course.

• I dont think that they will kill off Asher/Rodrik, they are too important to the storyline and still has big story to play out. Since they are determinant, they could easily just have killed them in episode 6. I dont think they will be that stupid to kill them off that early.
      • Sure House Forrester always falls at the end that's true.. but in season 2 house forrester will prevail.. hopefully. Malcom is still in Essos trying to help Daenerys retake the Iron Throne. With Asher you could abandon the plan / side with Gwyn. With Rodrik you can kill Ludd / Win Ramsay's terms. These things could have an impact on season 2.
    prink34320 posted: »

But in the case with Kenny, he was a main character in the previous two seasons of TWD, he had a large fanbase and became determinant just a

• Being a playable character doesn't automatically ensure their safety, especially with Game of Thrones and they could end up using Talia as the Ironrath PoV.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to just kill Rodrik/Asher off, I think it would be an idiotic move on their part but knowing Telltale and their history in dealing with Determinant characters, it's not looking all too favorable. I mean, they were stupid enough to kill the Season 2 Ending companion in the first episode of ANF, so I think Telltale is pretty stupid, they knew there'd be uproar since people made threads begging them not to do this for two years.

They could indeed have an impact on Season 2 but I'm just worried they won't, if you look at The Walking Dead Game and perhaps the upcoming Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2, you'll see that their track record for making choices from past seasons matter is nothing note-worthy.

* Kenny was a main character yes, but you didn't play as him.. with Asher/Rodrik you control them and they represent house forrester of cour

• Yeah pretty messed up. They made a full episode with the brothers tho even with determinant fate.. and they almost died + in season 2 they will have to heal after the battle of Ironrath. I just think they have a bigger story to play out. But since they are determinant if they survive or not they wont have a big role i suppose which sucks. I think they will kill them off, at some point but not at the very start.. what they did with Kenny & Jane in TWD a new frontier was stupid. We will just have to wait and see and hope for the best, with the determinant fate we know they will have to die at some point if it's in the start in episode 1 / 2 then i dont doubt many fans will be angry. Now the amount of episodes is set to be 7 and hopefully they will announce something soon

Being a playable character doesn't automatically ensure their safety, especially with Game of Thrones and they could end up using Talia as t

• Watch yourself Telltale.The patience is out

Asher/Rodrik's fate is like a bomb. A single little spark of death and the bomb will explode and the damage will be permanent on TT.

• edited July 2017

Poorly if their latest title A New Frontier is an indicator of anything.

Hell, I bet they may even bring a new House to the table. Some Cuban bland house literally no one asked for! But worry not! While Mira, Asher, Rodrik, and everyone accompanying them may die in half-baked 3-minute scenes, you'll still be able to play as Gared... in 3-minute flashbacks throughout the episodes! He will also not feel integral to the plot at all, but don't fret, I'm sure there'll be some petty cash-grab by the end of the season involving him to keep the players hooked for the next pile of shit sequel they give us!

And what the fuck do I know? Some people on the TWD section literally thought this was a proper way to set up a sequel and defended such decisions, maybe it'll work again with them! Go figure.

• Mira will barely appear if alive and she'll only be an NPC you can talk to nearer to the end of the season, otherwise she commits suicide after being raped by Morgryn.

I don't see why this is even necessary. Having her appear in every scene alongside Morgryn would be ridiculously easy, especially if she's mute all the time. (Hence the "Morgryn will now speak for you" caption we saw in "The Ice Dragon.") I think showing her with a visibly pregnant belly would be far more subtle and quietly nasty than stating outright that Morgryn raped her. The character could appear well into the third season of the Telltale series, with a cameo of her raising Morgryn's child or something to that effect. Telltale can afford to be a little more clever with the fates of their determinant characters instead of just killing them outright.

I'm betting: * Minor characters - Don't appear at all * Asher/Rodrik - Will be inactive for most of the season and only playable neare

• Having her appear beside Morgryn in all of his scenes, I'd be fine with that but being mute? That would make her appearance pointless.

They could be clever with determinant characters, but as we've seen particularly from TWD, they prefer killing them outright, not even just making them disappear for a potential future appearance.

Mira will barely appear if alive and she'll only be an NPC you can talk to nearer to the end of the season, otherwise she commits suicide af

• She's the only Forrester in King's Landing, no way they will kill her off if she suvived season 1.

I'm betting: * Minor characters - Don't appear at all * Asher/Rodrik - Will be inactive for most of the season and only playable neare

• Since she is determinant the chance of her getting killed is big so yeah.

She's the only Forrester in King's Landing, no way they will kill her off if she suvived season 1.

• They'll likely find a reason to kill her off and create a definitive PoV in King's Landing.

She's the only Forrester in King's Landing, no way they will kill her off if she suvived season 1.

• Would there be any point in involving her in the High Sparrow storyline? Wouldn't surprise me if Sera happens to be in the Sept of Baelor when you-know-what happens. Hopefully that's not how Mira goes out too. Morgryn deserves a far worse fate than that.

• I think Telltale has learned their lesson after the Kenny/Jane debacle. HAVEN'T YOU, TELLTALE?

Having her appear beside Morgryn in all of his scenes, I'd be fine with that but being mute? That would make her appearance pointless. Th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.