Buying MCSM S2 from different store

My 1st Steam account got restricted (And unfortunately, it looks like the Restriction is Permanent)

Now i want to purchase MCSM via Telltale Store, but if i purchase from Telltale Store, can i transfer my save files? Because the game comes from diffefent store. Oh, and i'm not sure it will be listed in "My Games" page because i already linked my TTG account with my Steam Account

And talking about Telltale Digital Purchase, can i redeem MCSM S2 Steam Code in Telltale Store?

Comments

• Well I’ve never seen a steam account get restricted before but do you still have access to the game? Or do you a least have your save on the telltale cloud? If so you should still be able to get your save to transfer to season 2 if you have cloud saving enabled since your save is stored in your telltale account and not Steam. And if not there might be one more method although it has not Been confirmed. Telltales walking dead had a feature where you could just simply select the most important choices. For example it would ask “did you go after Axel abd Rueben or the amulet in the grinder”. You are better off using cloud saving. I’m pretty sure if you buy it from telltale it will appear in the “my games” section.

• edited July 2017

And talking about Telltale Digital Purchase, can i redeem MCSM S2 Steam Code in Telltale Store?

No. Steam codes cannot be redeemed in the Telltale store, only Steam. You need a Telltale code to redeem a game in the Telltale store.

• Well I’ve never seen a steam account get restricted before but do you still have access to the game? Or do you a least have your save on the telltale cloud? If so you should still be able to get your save to transfer to season 2 if you have cloud saving enabled since your save is stored in your telltale account and not Steam

I still have access to the game fortunately, already enabled the cloud save just a few days after my account is restricted

But how about playing MCSM S2 with different steam account that doesn't have MCSM S1 on it? Am i still able to transfer my save files or not? It doesn't even linked to my TTG Account

• Well sine you have cloud saving on that means as long as you have your username and passcode to your telltale account you can get your choices. So when you get MCSM 2 sign into your telltale account enable cloud saving and it should retrieve your save if not it should be an option in the options menu of the game.
    I’m not sure if you have played telltales walking dead but it should be the same procedure even if you have a different steam account. For example when I played the first two walking dead games I played them on Xbox 360 then for the third one I played on Xbox one since my saves were on my telltale account all my choices from the previous games were brought into the game because I signed into my telltale account telltale has confirmed it will work the same way.

Well I’ve never seen a steam account get restricted before but do you still have access to the game? Or do you a least have your save on the

• edited July 2017

Well, now the problem is... i checked my choices, Episode 1 - 3 choices doesn't match with my choices in the game, and Episode 4 - 8 show as "No choices unlocked for this episode". Am i doing the wrong step? I enabled Cloud save after playing all the episode instead turned it on when i'm playing each episode

Edit: My save file is in Slot 2

Creeper1846 posted: »

Well sine you have cloud saving on that means as long as you have your username and passcode to your telltale account you can get your choic

• Only Slot 1 have Cloud Save.

Well, now the problem is... i checked my choices, Episode 1 - 3 choices doesn't match with my choices in the game, and Episode 4 - 8 show as

• Maybe slot 2 was the wrong save file and all your choices were really on save 1 or another one.

Well, now the problem is... i checked my choices, Episode 1 - 3 choices doesn't match with my choices in the game, and Episode 4 - 8 show as

• Ok, sorry to revive this post, but...

Maybe slot 2 was the wrong save file and all your choices were really on save 1 or another one.

Nothing wrong, i set my Save files in Slot 2

Only Slot 1 have Cloud Save.

So, save slot 2 - 4 doesn't have this feature? But can i still transfer my save files (not using Cloud save, but Offline save files, which is stored in Documents\Telltale Games\Minecraft Story Mode) even it comes from different account? If not, then there's nothing i can do except using this method

Telltales walking dead had a feature where you could just simply select the most important choices. For example it would ask “did you go after Axel abd Rueben or the amulet in the grinder”.

Btw, that feature is confirmed

Creeper1846 posted: »

Maybe slot 2 was the wrong save file and all your choices were really on save 1 or another one.

• edited August 2017

Ok, my apologies to bump this post again :'(

Like it or not, i have to restart from Season 1 with Cloud Save enabled, because recreating backstory feature in Season 2 seems not always technically accurate (because, not all choices are available to be recreated)

Seems like, MCSM S1 local save files are not compatible to be transferred into MCSM S2 if the save files comes from different account (yes, because i bought MCSM S1 in my first steam account and it doesn't have MCSM S2 until now. I bought MCSM S2 in my 2nd Steam Account)

As always, thanks

(Edit: Last question: Are the choices stored in Cloud Save could be override if i restart again from Episode 1?)

• Well telltales cloud save system is a little messy and doesn’t always work well. Also the story generator only ask about choices that matter so you won’t need all your choices. For example the option for Dan or Lizzie to die wasn’t asked because it won’t really matter this season or be mentioned.

Ok, my apologies to bump this post again Like it or not, i have to restart from Season 1 with Cloud Save enabled, because recreating bac

Sign in to comment in this discussion.