CRASH TO DESKTOP - Episode 2 - Space fight "gonna get a little bumpy" - Telltale Download version

edited July 2017 in Game Support

Hello Telltale forum!

I love this game and I did the first episode very quickly, without any problems (stuttering, artifacts or other crashes). Today, I started the 2nd episode, but I got a crash to desktop (arrrrh!). It's very peculiar:

I am in the beginning of this episode, the ship is attacked and then when peter says:
"Hold on, it's gonna get a little bumpy!"
It crashes to the desktop without error :(

My config is :

i7 4710HQ
16 gig ram
Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB
Windows 8.1 64 bits

I already tried to disable the cloud saving, put everything to minimum, windowed but it still crashes. My CPU is at reasonnable temperatures and the crash ALWAYS happens at the same time.

Comments

• Okay, it's worse than I thought. I tried to restart the episode 2 and now it told me I didn't finish the episode 1 and randomized all my previous choices. What the heck?! :o

• edited July 2017

OMG. That's the same thing that happened to me! Same exact moment.

Too bad we can't get any assistance from support until after the weekend is over.

• If I try to play episode 1, it tells me I need to restart the whole episode and my choices will be deleted even on the cloud save.
    If I try to play episode 2, it tells me it will randomize all my choices and then... of course I am not happy o_o

I tried to delete my save files to force the game to get my save and choices from the cloud. But nope, still the same problem.
    Gonna sleep on it and wait for your suggestions. I think it's data corruption of the second episode and then it fucked up my save for some reasons. I hope it will not happen when I will download the other episodes :o

• edited July 2017

Okay. My computer is going through an update. I'll let you know if that fixes my problem or not.

Update: NOPE. :(

• I will redo the first episode with cheat engine speed modification (since telltale didn't put skip scenes available). I will see if it changes something.

Okay. My computer is going through an update. I'll let you know if that fixes my problem or not. Update: NOPE.

• If that works, I still have cheat engine too. Plus this will give me a chance to fix my mistakes in dialogue in the first episode.

Eagle722 posted: »

I will redo the first episode with cheat engine speed modification (since telltale didn't put skip scenes available). I will see if it changes something.

• edited July 2017

The game now became unplayable. Every 5 to 12 seconds, there is an horrible stutter lasting from 1s to 6s (I know right?!) when my previous gaming session where solid 60 fps without any problem. What happened? :o

EDIT: After a fresh reboot, it stopped the problem :)

• Ohhh, okay. Crash beginning...

When I read the title I thought you meant a "Crash Bandicoot" Easter egg in the opening scene when the ship is being attacked.

Ha...Ha... Aww... :(

• After switching the save slot to save 2 (since save 1 was obviously corrupted). Restarted the episode 1 with cheat engine (pro tip: use 3 different hotkeys for speed : 0.30 / 1.00 / 24.00) everything went great, even if it took some time. Right now, I come back from the same crash to desktop from episode 2.
    Is there a way to redownload episode 2 alone or to verify the integrity of the downloaded file? It might be linked? Otherwise, I am running out of ideas here. Help a wanna-be Star-Lord out :(

• I had that same problem. That's why when I first saw it I just skipped it. :/

Acheive250 posted: »

Ohhh, okay. Crash beginning... When I read the title I thought you meant a "Crash Bandicoot" Easter egg in the opening scene when the ship is being attacked. Ha...Ha... Aww...

• I changed the title ;) I didn't know it could be related to CB haha :)

I had that same problem. That's why when I first saw it I just skipped it.

• For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on which Telltale series you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

I'm going to close this discussion and move it to the archived Support Forum section, but you can still receive help from Telltale Staff members by trying any of the options above.

[Please note that this message is only posted by volunteer community Moderators. Community Moderators are not Telltale Staff.]

This discussion has been closed.